PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman concussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe activate Boyce and get him some playing time.

Maybe activate Boyce and get him some playing time.
Then they's need to IR/waive someone off the 53 to bring in Boyce. One JE comes back, they'd need to waive that player, hope no one picks them up or Boyce when the game ends and and re-sign them to the PS.

As Dikembe would say, BRIAN TIME!

i need him to start on my FF team...i am in the playoffs so he needs to ice up! :)
i have him on my team to in one of my leagues. i picked up a free agent in anticipation of him not playing.

If it happened Sunday they missed it because he never came out for evaluation. Now he will undergo the protocol. I'm still guessing Sunday as I recall a time he took a big hit and appeared groggy but did not come out.
I remember him looking dazed and sort of shaking his head on the sidelines. Was surprised when he came back in, without any evaluation.

He's been taking lots of hits to the head the past few weeks, would like to see him get a breather.

Never good to have brain trauma. Hopefully the patriots let him rest up and play amendola in the slot. They should be able to adapt to win without him in Jersey

They have 4 wrs including amendola. Seems a little thin. Am I missing someone?

That's it. Edelman, LaFell, Dola and Tyms is it. Maybe they will use Wright and Vereen more

Boyce is not on the 53.
Whom do you cut & expose to waivers?
Later do you cut Boyce & expose him to waivers when JE 11 is back?

Cut Klein or some other marginal guy.

Kline is a pretty key backup isnt he? Playing well vs balt last year when he started I believe.

The other question is who returns punts? Hopefully it is a mild concussion and he plays. If not we will see a lot of throws to TEs and ground and pound action.

The other question is who returns punts? Hopefully it is a mild concussion and he plays. If not we will see a lot of throws to TEs and ground and pound action.
Amendola returns punts. Ground and pound against the Jets front? Good luck. IMO, you still throw against that putrid secondary alot. Lafell, Amendola, Gronk, Wright, Vereen. But, I think Ede!man plays. He was limited in practice, not out.

It's not really in the Pats' hands either way. If he doesn't pass the concussion protocol, he won't be eligible to play. If he does, he should play.

Why don't the Pats have the right to hold him out as a precaution?

Pretty sure he has suffered at least a minor concussion in every game this year. The guy takes some hellacious shots to the head.

Huh? Amandoler has returned punts this season and can do so Sunday.

I'm concerned that while even seemingly recovering from a concussion a subsequent lesser blow can exacerbate it. We need The Squirrel for the playoffs so I'd go cautious for once and hold him out Sunday as he's incapable of playing without going Full Tilt Full Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes