PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman: Broken Foot, Likely Back for Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Amendola came in there to be the next Wes Welker, and it ended up Julian Edelman was the next Wes Welker," Ryan said. "So they just plug guys in, they do a great job of that, you know into their system and things like that. Hopefully that helps."
lol Rex thinks Edelman is the new Wes? How could an NFL coach possibly think that? Edelman lines up outside far more than Wes. They don't play the same position at all.

Regarding 14-2 or 15-1, the ammo depleted Patriots offense is at risk losing games until it reaches a new equilibrium. No Collins makes us susceptible on D. And Patriots fans should know that fluky plays can happen, plays that pivot a game. Have we not seen both calls by refs and egregious non-calls affect a game by killing a drive or extending an opponent's drive? There's a reason they PLAY the games.

It is not dubious to err on the side of caution when it comes to recovering from stress fracture. It has been proven that players who come back too soon risk either refracture or a complete fracture.
But it is dubious to have a player stand around doing nothing when he is healthy and hasn't played football in 2 months then expect him to be able to play.
I would rather risk him reinjuring and spend the off-season rehab then have him not play at all.

"15-1 at best" is essentially guaranteeing a loss, is it not?

Well, I did precede that statement with "I see" as in "I see the team going 15-1 at best, maybe 14-2" because the injuries have been mounting up like crazy and it's only a matter of time before it catches up with us. "I see" is by no means a guarantee.

I mentioned in another thread a long time ago that I thought the only thing that would stop us was injuries.

But it is dubious to have a player stand around doing nothing when he is healthy and hasn't played football in 2 months then expect him to be able to play.
I would rather risk him reinjuring and spend the off-season rehab then have him not play at all.

I wouldn't risk him reinjuring himself because a rusty Edelman in the divisional rounds is still better than no Edelman, and he'll be 100% for the AFC finals and the SB.

He is such a threat that even if he's less than 100%, he'll still draw coverage.

lol Rex thinks Edelman is the new Wes? How could an NFL coach possibly think that? Edelman lines up outside far more than Wes. They don't play the same position at all.

OT - On your sig, Goodell actually said those words? Urgh.....

I wouldn't risk him reinjuring himself because a rusty Edelman in the divisional rounds is still better than no Edelman, and he'll be 100% for the AFC finals and the SB.

He is such a threat that even if he's less than 100%, he'll still draw coverage.
I disagree. When he is healthy he needs to prepare and play. I see no upside in sitting him on the sidelines when he is healthy because he could get hurt again.

I disagree. When he is healthy he needs to prepare and play. I see no upside in sitting him on the sidelines when he is healthy because he could get hurt again.
Don't forget: many said they want Gronk to not play and saved for the post season.

Don't forget: many said they want Gronk to not play and saved for the post season.
Football players play football.
Hell lets sit everyone then we can play like crap and lose with a completely healthy team.
This is what people ignore. If you sit out, you will be available, but you will not play as well.

Meh, he wasn't being technical, he's just talking about being a quick twitch top option.

The last game of the season is 6 weeks from this coming weekend.

His stress fracture may or may not heal completely in that time frame.

Again, as mentioned before, I think we will err on the side of caution and hold him out until the divisional rounds.

The last game of the season is 6 weeks from this coming weekend.

His stress fracture may or may not heal completely in that time frame.

Again, as mentioned before, I think we will err on the side of caution and hold him out until the divisional rounds.
I really hope you are wrong.

I really hope you are wrong.
why whats wrong with the divisional rd? as long as he's ready to go for that game. sounds like a good outcome considering. as long as they get a by week.

why whats wrong with the divisional rd? as long as he's ready to go for that game. sounds like a good outcome considering. as long as they get a by week.
You are OK with him being healthy and not playing or practicing? He does have to play football in that game. Shouldn't he prepare for it?

You are OK with him being healthy and not playing or practicing? He does have to play football in that game. Shouldn't he prepare for it?

That's what practice is for.

Again, it's not like he'll be mainlining lard and eating fried butter in his Barc-o-lounger for the next 6 weeks.

That's what practice is for.

Again, it's not like he'll be mainlining lard and eating fried butter in his Barc-o-lounger for the next 6 weeks.
Why would you let him practice? If you are going to have him practice why wouldn't you put him on the field to get ready for the playoffs?
There is a big difference between getting fat and being ready to play football. I am talking about maximizing his preparedness to help us win in the playoffs.

Why would you let him practice? If you are going to have him practice why wouldn't you put him on the field to get ready for the playoffs?
There is a big difference between getting fat and being ready to play football. I am talking about maximizing his preparedness to help us win in the playoffs.

What are you going to do, play him a quarter Week 17 with the JV?

He's a professional. He can figure it out. Ultimately, it's up to Belichick. If he can play, he'll play, most likely, assuming he's 100% ready to go.

But I'm not going to kill Belichick if he holds him out, either. It's not like he's going to forget how to play football in 6 weeks.

I'm saying as long as he's back for that game ill take it. his injury could have been worse.

What are you going to do, play him a quarter Week 17 with the JV?

He's a professional. He can figure it out. Ultimately, it's up to Belichick. If he can play, he'll play, most likely, assuming he's 100% ready to go.

But I'm not going to kill Belichick if he holds him out, either. It's not like he's going to forget how to play football in 6 weeks.
Play him when we can play so he is prepared. I don't think he will
"Forget how to play football" but I know he won't be game ready if he doesn't get on the field.
This discussion was about choosing to not play him if he is healthy. I say the risk if reinjury is far less than the risk of not helping the team because he isn't game ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey