PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman becomes JSn's binky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Morey, Bam Childress, did I miss anyone. I'll have to wait and see how he does in future games before I say "Wes who?"

I don't know if anyone else saw Albert Breer's comment on Edelman but he said that last year in Dallas the had someone just like Edelman, they thought he was a Wes Welker clone, he even came from Texas Tec. He wowed everyone in pre season, hes now on another team. Hes saying hes with holding jugdment for now because hes seen it before.

Breer was referring to the Eagles' Danny Amendola, who had a decent game last night. Unfortunately for him, I would rank him 8th on their WR depth chart, which right now looks really, really good. No way that Greg (a 5TH-rounder?!?) Lewis makes that team, if he were still there. Hmm...I wonder what that says about our depth at WR?

BelichickFan is right: Edelman is - as of now - our #3 WR. Amazing.

Breer was referring to the Eagles' Danny Amendola, who had a decent game last night. Unfortunately for him, I would rank him 8th on their WR depth chart, which right now looks really, really good. No way that Greg (a 5TH-rounder?!?) Lewis makes that team, if he were still there. Hmm...I wonder what that says about our depth at WR?

BelichickFan is right: Edelman is - as of now - our #3 WR. Amazing.
I thought it ws the eales breer was referring to. Breer was making the point that when he covered Dallas last year everyone was all excited about Amendola in pre seaon and wha happned...hes now on the eagles so in the end he didn't turn out THAT good.

Don't get me wrong i thought Edelman looked great, i was really impressed, but like Breer is saying its to early yet.

Last edited:
ESPN First Take giving Edelman some SERIOUS love. Skip Bayless calling him a faster Wes Welker and saying he'll be a big factor this season; saying the Patriots got yet another big draft steal. Pat Forde is agreeing with what Bayless is saying plus mentions he could be big in the Wildcat since he was a QB at Kent State.

Not that I really respect Skip Bayless by any means or have seen enough of Forde to know much about him, but it's pretty cool to see your 7th round pick getting some National attention so quickly.

Well Edleman earned an NFL roster spot last night, Hopefully with the Pats, if not us then he will stick on someone's 53.

BB talks about 'creating a role for yourself' and taking advantage of opportunities, Edleman did both in spades last night.

Last edited:
Sean Morey, Bam Childress, did I miss anyone. I'll have to wait and see how he does in future games before I say "Wes who?"

Edelman is MILES ahead of those players, imo.

Edelman did nothing to de-binkify himself last night, that's for sure!

He's going to push Lewis and Galloway HARD for the #3 spot.

The kid looked good last night but I think some people are getting carried away with him. The Eagles had no material on him and didn't game plan to stop him. It was the 1st game and I'm not sure the Eagles really cared. I'll reserve my judgement when I see him getting off jams at the line during the regular season. Last nights performancemight have gotten him a spot ... perhaps ... if he can play special teams he'll stick. If he can't play special teams then he'll land on the PS.

The kid looked good last night but I think some people are getting carried away with him. The Eagles had no material on him and didn't game plan to stop him. It was the 1st game and I'm not sure the Eagles really cared. I'll reserve my judgement when I see him getting off jams at the line during the regular season. Last nights performancemight have gotten him a spot ... perhaps ... if he can play special teams he'll stick. If he can't play special teams then he'll land on the PS.

Some of your thoughts might be on target, but he'll NEVER clear waivers. He'll make a spot, and very possibly #3 or 4 WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back