PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman aka. The Roadrunner !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
After watching this kid scoot last night I'm thinking his nic-name should be the Roadrunner. He smoked the iggles big time with his speed several times. Maybe the team equipment guys can rig a "beep beep" on his helmet some where too.:D Man that kid is faaaast................I think it's safe to asume he's got a spot now. Anyone else like the name or do you have another?

He'd better have a spot or we'll be watching him in jets green this year and prob for years to come. But I like edelman I'd like to see him in a few more preseason games before I call him welker 2.0.

Edelman looked good, but we need to temper our expectations. It was one preseason game.

Edelman looked good, but we need to temper our expectations. It was one preseason game.

And noted. But if he's showing that in meaningless game, just think of what could be in a real one. Thats talent pure and simple. That kid runs and senses what going to happen in front of him.

And noted. But if he's showing that in meaningless game, just think of what could be in a real one. Thats talent pure and simple. That kid runs and senses what going to happen in front of him.

oh, i agree. He reminds me of Bethel Johnson...the only difference is Edelman looks like he has actual football skills as Johnson was just a track guy

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2009/4/22/849496/getting-to-know-super-sleeper

>>> [FONT=&quot]Edelman really impressed at his pro day workout in the Kent State Field House. Edelman ran a 4.51 second 40-yard dash, which would have topped all quarterbacks at the NFL Scouting Combine in February and placed him in the top 15 among receivers. Edelman’s times of 3.91 seconds in the short shuttle and 10.74 in the long shuttle would have been the fastest times recorded at the Combine, regardless of position. NFL people asked him to run the short shuttle again because they didn’t believe the number and Edelman actually ran it even faster the next time.[/FONT]<<<

Last edited:
Nobody's talking about Welker's toughness and ability to take hits.
Let's see Edelman take some big time hits and bounce up again.
Boxer's right, temper expectations, there is a lot more football to
play before anointing this player the second coming of Wes.

He looked great and I really hope he continues and is durable.
That would be unbelievable good fortune for the PATs.

Gotta tip your hats to the Pats scouting department and drafting braintrust. It's pretty amazing to get what looks like a pretty good receiver/returner with a 7th round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots