PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman 2009 v. Edelman 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahaha, I wonder if they drafted him because of Edelman.

I love Edelman, but a 3rd rounder is too high IMO to take the QB to WR dice role.

Disagree --- Antwan Randel-El was a good QB to WR conversion project, and he was a second rounder. If the combination of measurables and coachabilty are there, then spending a low third rounder on a conversion project is reasonable (much like spending a 3rd or a 4th on a 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB conversion project is reasonable if the measurables are there)

Edelman has shown that we have a solid slot receiver when Welker is out. He has also shown himself to be a decent punt returner (ala Welker). This is AWESOME from a 7th rounder. It is great value from anyone that wasn't a first rounder. It is truly a huge accomplishment for someone who is starting his second season at wide receiver.

I don't know whether Edelman will be the #3 target when Moss and Welker are both on the field. It is certainly possible. Personally, I don't think so. I think that role will go to Tate or Holt or a TE.

Edelman had some great catch-and-runs, stayed in the game a long time, and absolutely shredded some second stringers. He'll be improved this year, and will be a good WR, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back