PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ed Reed Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't knwo what it means, but he was standing on his own giving an interview to NFL Network. But rolled ankles always feel much worse hours later.

I hope he's OK. I want to beat them with him there. He can only cover one man. And I hope it's Gronk :)

I hope he's OK. I want to beat them with him there. He can only cover one man. And I hope it's Gronk :)

if he is on one foot he can still cover "85"?

:p

Who cares?:rolleyes:

No one gave a hoot that the patriots defense was banged up all year.

Easy, Johnny…you Cobra Kais have no mercy.:D
I think losing Ed Reed is different than losing a decent safety (Chung); Reed might the most important player on the Ravens.

if he is on one foot he can still cover "85"?

:p

If Brady tries to get cute with that seam route on Gronk, Reed will have 2 pics next week.

Injury didn't look great when it happened, will be curious to see the injury reports throughout the week. I like Reed, and hope he isn't injured too badly, but if he can't play next week, I would definitely be okay with that. I don't recall anyone making excuses for us in 2009 when they got to play us without Welker.

Last edited:
He's only been around for 10 years or so, why would he call it quits? Reed isn't nearly as old as most people seem to think he is. Many DB's play into their late late 30's. Look at Bailey, Woodson, Harrison, (Rod) Woodson, Sanders, etc.

You might be right, but he's 33 and has sacrificed his body routinely over the years. Plus, Ray Lewis -- the glue of that defense -- is in the twilight of his career. We'll see if that defense can maintain its stuff going forward.

I hope Reed is 100% so there are no excuses or questions after should the Patriots win next week.

Plus, Ray Lewis -- the glue of that defense -- is in the twilight of his career.

Oh please make this be true ye fickle, maddening football gods.

I think if the Ravens played without Ed Reed it would be at least the difference of a TD in our favor.

Who cares?:rolleyes:

No one gave a hoot that the patriots defense was banged up all year.
I thought yesterday afternoon they sucked? Now they are banged up?

He's only been around for 10 years or so, why would he call it quits? Reed isn't nearly as old as most people seem to think he is. Many DB's play into their late late 30's. Look at Bailey, Woodson, Harrison, (Rod) Woodson, Sanders, etc.
He has been contemplating retirement for a few years because he is so banged up

Early signs for Ed Reed look promising | ProFootballTalk

ohhhh Ed Reed had a little something to say as well

Let the SMACK TALK BEGIN!!! I hope we blow them out like we did the Broncos!!
F Baltimore and F their thug smack talk. Yes, they beat an undermanned, decidedly incomplete Patriots team in the playoffs in 09, BUT, might we remind those scumbag Baltimore players that the Patriots have in fact, beaten them 2/3 times (including the playoff debacle?????)

Mike Reiss says:

Ravens safety Ed Reed has a severely sprained ankle but X-rays were negative and no MRI is scheduled at this point, according to the team.

Mike Reiss says:

We all know how Ben Rothlisberger's ankle hindered him and an severe ankle sprain on a DB would have a much greater impact on a DB than a pocket passing QB.

I'm sure we will hear how Ed Reed is "fine" all week. He is tough as nails. But a severe ankle sprain could really hinder his already declining coverage ability.

I hope Reed is 100% so there are no excuses or questions after should the Patriots win next week.

who cares about excuses or questions.

Win.... that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back