PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ed Reed - Cheap Shot Punk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I originally thought the Reed shot on Edelman was a head shot but after looking at it afterwards on youtube, it looks like elbow to the chest. I don't think the Branch hit was intentional either. The guy makes plays and always seems to be a class act. I would take him on the Pats in a heartbeat.

I wish Reed played for the pats

I am still amazed that Branch isn't on life support in an emergency room. Reed flung himself at Branch with his helmet first and it was what the NOS would call a 'money shot'.

branchowned_medium.gif

courtesy: Ed Reed Rings Deion Branch's Bell - SBNation.com

Echo the rest of this thread. "Cheap shot punk" is not the phrase I would choose to describe Ed Reed. "Clear-cut Hall of Famer" is more apt.

That's only three. If you don't think that the hit on Branch was a deliberate intent to injure, then you easily beat me out for the stupidest post of the year.

Hits him with his shoulder and doesn't even follow through. If he wanted to deliver a kill shot, he could have. Your lack of eyesight is matched only by your lack of insight.

reed's a great safety, roidney was a great safety

ronnie lott.....also a GREAT! safety

atwater...great safety!

injuries are a shame, but great safeties leave their mark

polomalalalalau also a great safety

branchowned_medium.gif

courtesy: Ed Reed Rings Deion Branch's Bell - SBNation.com

Echo the rest of this thread. "Cheap shot punk" is not the phrase I would choose to describe Ed Reed. "Clear-cut Hall of Famer" is more apt.

Best Free Safety of all time and first ballot HOF'er is how I'd describe him.

And the hit on Branch wasn't a cheap shot, not least because (as shown above) he leads with his arms. Had Chung made that hit we'd have been whooping and hollering.

If people want to ***** and moan about cheap shots, look at Ngata and his head-butt, or Williams and his limp wristed slap on Edelman.

Agree with the commentary about Ed Reed being one of the best of all time.. this seems out of character for him.

The angle that they showed during the game, it certainly looked as though he led with his helmet.. the video captioned above is inconclusive.

Didn't he and Branch exchange a handshake/pat on the back afterwards.

Wasn't a cheap shot and from Branchs reaction he knows it too.

Best Free Safety of all time and first ballot HOF'er is how I'd describe him.

And the hit on Branch wasn't a cheap shot, not least because (as shown above) he leads with his arms. Had Chung made that hit we'd have been whooping and hollering.

If people want to ***** and moan about cheap shots, look at Ngata and his head-butt, or Williams and his limp wristed slap on Edelman.

looks like he's leading with the shoulder and hands lol

personally...i didn't think the mays hit on schaub was cheap either, it looked like mays tried to hold up last second

and i HATE! denver.....

that angle doesn't show it as well as others ive seen, but the Reed hit on branch was shoulder not helmet, so it was indeed clean

the hit on edelman i do not remember

What a freakin' loser that moron is. I saw that deliberate attempt to injure Branch but missed his cheap shot on Edelman. Can someone tell me where in the game it was? Why hasn't Dumbell come down on this punk?

Yeah...reminds me of Rodney Harrison in the good old days. I'd love to see Reed in a Pats uniform.

I laugh at some clowns in here who use the term punk to identify what maybe the toughest and best Safety of all time.

Would love to see someone in here call that to his face.

I would rather have that 'punk' on our team that some of the 'generous let the receivers have thier space safeties' like we have had like Ihegdigbo,Wilson and ,Meriweather for example.

Haters gonna Hate :rolleyes:.

Oh and by the way,that hit was as clean as you get in this league,the last time I looked you are supposed to hit the player as hard as you can you dislodge the ball as long as the helmet is not used for spearing,Pus$y WRs need not apply for the NFL.

Last edited:
Indeed. Ed Reed is a cheap shot punk, but Rodney is above suspicion. :rolleyes:

I would just like to know how any DB thinks they deserve a spot at the concussion lawsuit table. These guys all took something that was designed for protection and turned into a weapon.

I think they need to go back to leather helmets

Last edited:
The reason that Reed's hit on Branch was penalized, and for which he will probably be fined, doesn't have to do with the part of the body he hit Branch with but the part of Branch that he hit.

You particularly can't hit what's defined as a defenseless receiver, which Branch was in that situation, in the head. Reed did. Penalty and fine. Plain and simple.

When you look at what happens to Branch's neck as a result of the hit, you can see why the NFL wants to eliminate this play -- he could have been paralyzed. The same hit to the chest or shoulder is completely legal.

There are some bunched up panties in this thread.

Ed Reed plays outstanding defense. I have no qualms with his efforts from the Pats Ravens game. I only wish our secondary had half of his talent and tenacity.

Maye be Patrick always late to the play Chung can learn something from Reed. I thought Reed was only a great coverage Safety...i didn't know that he laid the lumber that hard...what a complete Safety.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back