PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ed Reed - Cheap Shot Punk

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boston Patriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
What a freakin' loser that moron is. I saw that deliberate attempt to injure Branch but missed his cheap shot on Edelman. Can someone tell me where in the game it was? Why hasn't Dumbell come down on this punk?

Last edited:
The cheap shot on Edelman by Reed occurred in the End Zone just a split second after Edelman lost the ball. If Edelman hadn't lost it, Reed would have caused him to lose it with how he hit Edelman across the head.

The cheap shot on Edelman by Reed occurred in the End Zone just a split second after Edelman lost the ball. If Edelman hadn't lost it, Reed would have caused him to lose it with how he hit Edelman across the head.

He helped separate Julian from the ball. I'd much rather have my CB do that and get a 15yd penalty then let the receiver catch it easily. Baltimore may teach thuggery…but that is better than the matador hospitality our secondary gives opposing receivers. (Mr. Gregory and Mr. McCourty, Mr. Pitta thanks you).

He helped separate Julian from the ball. I'd much rather have my CB do that and get a 15yd penalty then let the receiver catch it easily. Baltimore may teach thuggery…but that is better than the matador hospitality our secondary gives opposing receivers. (Mr. Gregory and Mr. McCourty, Mr. Pitta thanks you).

Yeah, it's especially the better option when it's not flagged... :bricks:

Yeah, it's especially the better option when it's not flagged... :bricks:

Well, the regular refs are back so hopefully we won't have to pin any more losses on the replacement refs. :rolleyes:

None of us complained when Rodney Harrison was laying the wood. And as was said, I'd rather we have a nasty D and take some flags. Everyone hates us anyway, we might as well play it up.

Interesting. You condone (and in fact, support) Ed Reed's cheap shots? :rolleyes:

What a freakin' loser that moron is. I saw that deliberate attempt to injure Branch but missed his cheap shot on Edelman. Can someone tell me where in the game it was? Why hasn't Dumbell come down on this punk?

This is one of the stupidest posts of the year on 18 different levels. Calling one of the greatest, most intelligent players ever to play the game a loser and a moron. Calling a hard hit a "deliberate intent to injure" and a clean play to dislodge the ball on a touchdown a "cheap shot". Nicely done.

There are some bunched up panties in this thread.

Ed Reed plays outstanding defense. I have no qualms with his efforts from the Pats Ravens game. I only wish our secondary had half of his talent and tenacity.

Interesting. You condone (and in fact, support) Ed Reed's cheap shots? :rolleyes:

I don't consider an aggressive move to tackle a player while trying to separate him from the ball to be good defense. In fact, if I had assembled a group of JAGs or bust draft picks to make up a secondary that was getting burned repeatedly in man coverage, I would sit back in a zone and try and contest the catch and if late to the ball, try and knock it out, or separate the defender from it.
Having said that, I am still unsure when hitting a receiver who is unable to protect himself is legal vs. not. Personally, I'd rather take 15 yard penalties rather than give up 25-40yard pass plays.

None of us complained when Rodney Harrison was laying the wood. And as was said, I'd rather we have a nasty D and take some flags. Everyone hates us anyway, we might as well play it up.

Rodney was great. He rarely had to lay the wood but the threat was always there and WRs could not prance around our secondary like tinkerbell ballerinas as they have in recent years.

I remember one incident in particular. It was pre-season game and a defensive rookie took a cheap shot at Brady after the whistle. After the change of possession Rodney just destroyed their QB; probably a late hit but there was no more screwing around with Brady for the rest of the game. The Patriots still need this type of enforcer so that when the Ryan Clarks of the league pull their stunts they pay.

This is one of the stupidest posts of the year on 18 different levels. Calling one of the greatest, most intelligent players ever to play the game a loser and a moron. Calling a hard hit a "deliberate intent to injure" and a clean play to dislodge the ball on a touchdown a "cheap shot". Nicely done.

That's only three. If you don't think that the hit on Branch was a deliberate intent to injure, then you easily beat me out for the stupidest post of the year.

I disagree on the Edelman play. Edelman still had a chance to grab that ball and Ed came with the hit to help separate him from the ball. Good defensive play if you ask me. He did not get flagged from what I remember. Also, people forget easily, but that was the kind of play Rodney would do all the time.

I disagree on the Edelman play. Edelman still had a chance to grab that ball and Ed came with the hit to help separate him from the ball. Good defensive play if you ask me. He did not get flagged from what I remember. Also, people forget easily, but that was the kind of play Rodney would do all the time.

It was a hit to the head for god sake!!! Luckily Edelman has a hard head but it was a shot meant to knock him out. He will get fined

It was a hit to the head for god sake!!! Luckily Edelman has a hard head but it was a shot meant to knock him out. He will get fined

I am still amazed that Branch isn't on life support in an emergency room. Reed flung himself at Branch with his helmet first and it was what the NOS would call a 'money shot'.

Reed will receive multiple fines from that game. That said, I would love a safety like him. We've been missing that since #37 departed.

I am still amazed that Branch isn't on life support in an emergency room. Reed flung himself at Branch with his helmet first and it was what the NOS would call a 'money shot'.

Branch congratulated him on the hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey