PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ed Reed already pointing fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually heard this earlier on Sirius and was shocked. It's all true, but Reed probably should have waited until after the Ravens lose this game (or the next) before saying that about Flacco. Championship Sunday just seems like a horrible time to call out both your quarterback and O-Line. That said, Flacco does seem to get very rattled by pressure which our defense, unlike past seasons lately, CAN bring. The Pats had 40 sacks this season as compared to 31 last season, 31 in 2009, and and 31 in 2008. They already have 5 in the postseason on a mobile quarterback. If we can get to Flacco off just one of the edges and, preferably, through the A-Gap, he can be thrown off his game in spite of the issues in the secondary. Personally, I'd like to see the gameplan be to hold Rice under 3.5 YPC and to limit both Boldin and Torrey Smith. The latter gameplan can be had by smashing Flacco in the mouth early and often. The first, given the two teams' recent history, is probably going to be a bit harder.

I actually heard this earlier on Sirius and was shocked. It's all true, but Reed probably should have waited until after the Ravens lose this game (or the next) before saying that about Flacco. Championship Sunday just seems like a horrible time to call out both your quarterback and O-Line. That said, Flacco does seem to get very rattled by pressure which our defense, unlike past seasons lately, CAN bring. The Pats had 40 sacks this season as compared to 31 last season, 31 in 2009, and and 31 in 2008. They already have 5 in the postseason on a mobile quarterback. If we can get to Flacco off just one of the edges and, preferably, through the A-Gap, he can be thrown off his game in spite of the issues in the secondary. Personally, I'd like to see the gameplan be to hold Rice under 3.5 YPC and to limit both Boldin and Torrey Smith. The latter gameplan can be had by smashing Flacco in the mouth early and often. The first, given the two teams' recent history, is probably going to be a bit harder.

I think it's simpler than that. The Ravens need turnovers from their defense to be successful offensively. Pats avoid turning the ball over, Pats win.

I think it's simpler than that. The Ravens need turnovers from their defense to be successful offensively. Pats avoid turning the ball over, Pats win.

That is BALs game in a nutshell. They are 7th in yards per point but 15th in yards. Force TOs, get a short field, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back