PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ed Hartwell is available... again. He was teammates with Thomas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
The Falcons just released him the other day.

Must have been for cap reasons...

Would he be a good fit here?

Could be a cheap addition, but I would love Donnie Edwards as a vet pickup..

I am sure we are not done yet.....

I think that we will now wait and see until the 2nd wave of free agency. When the vet FA's start to question their agents and the thought that their career may be over and that's when the Pats pounce and get them at a reasonable rate.

I think that we will now wait and see until the 2nd wave of free agency. When the vet FA's start to question their agents and the thought that their career may be over and that's when the Pats pounce and get them at a reasonable rate.

i think that is exactly what they are going to do, they probably want players like edwards and hartwell now but will wait to see if other teams will overpay and if they dont they will get them for what they think is a reasonable rate:rocker:

i think that is exactly what they are going to do, they probably want players like edwards and hartwell now but will wait to see if other teams will overpay and if they dont they will get them for what they think is a reasonable rate:rocker:

I wonder if Stallworth will fall into that category. when healthy, he stretches the field.

Last edited:
I wonder if Stallworth will fall into that category. when healthy, he stretches the field.

that is true, but his agent is rosenhaus so he will probably find someone that will be willing to overpay. i am not a big fan of overpaying for stallworth but if he does make it to the second part of fa and can be had for cheap then he would be worth a shot, but its probably unlikely that he will be very cheap

that is true, but his agent is rosenhaus so he will probably find someone that will be willing to overpay. i am not a big fan of overpaying for stallworth but if he does make it to the second part of fa and can be had for cheap then he would be worth a shot, but its probably unlikely that he will be very cheap

i say we stay away from anybody associated with rosenhaus or the postons!

I would agree that the players agents are always in the decision process... I.E. Poston's...

What about Carlos Polk or someone like him????

he has played 13 games over the past 2 seasons due to injuries

damaged goods

a camp invitee at best

i say we stay away from anybody associated with rosenhaus or the postons!

True, but if they don't find a fool to overpay, make an offer. If they accept it, fine, if not sayonara. If Welker is in the fold, the Pats are operating from a position of strength wrt negotiations. FA negotiations are a different animal from draft negotiations. You know that eventually you have to make it work for a draft pick so the agent has a bit of leverage. For a free agent and a team that is pretty successful and doesn't NEED that player, the team has the upper hand in that they can move on to the next one and say that the demands were too high.

True, but if they don't find a fool to overpay, make an offer. If they accept it, fine, if not sayonara. If Welker is in the fold, the Pats are operating from a position of strength wrt negotiations. FA negotiations are a different animal from draft negotiations. You know that eventually you have to make it work for a draft pick so the agent has a bit of leverage. For a free agent and a team that is pretty successful and doesn't NEED that player, the team has the upper hand in that they can move on to the next one and say that the demands were too high.

good point. if they are reasonable with their demands, then we should make a move regardless of the reputation of the agents.

wooopdy dooo. teammate of Thomas

lets get Jamal Lewis..he was his teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes