Welcome to PatsFans.com

Economic Summit Protesters = World's Biggest Losers!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Apr 1, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

They sure get my vote for the biggest losers the world has ever seen. They're all over the news this morning....how wonderful they are too!

They bring bags full of urine and feces to throw on police. They are the exact same types of people who used to travel all over the US protesting nuclear power plants but times 10.

What a waste of a life...they all need to get a job!
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

What do you expect. People really wanting a sincere belief to get out there and affecting change sincerely is fine. But these little punks are usually just spoiled children, trying to show mommy and daddy that they are different and deserve attention.

Bag of urine and feces... just great. Way to represent your cause you meaningless little insignificant adolescents.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -9

Would of been great if they were doing it when Bush was around..................:singing:
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 4 / -2

Good for them in this case. The gubmits across the globe need a wake up call. Their year after year BS will not be tolerated anymore. Protest is a good thing, so long as it's not violent. The violence is what does bug me though. There's no need to be destructive. A peaceful protest would have been better.
  5. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This is the problem with protests; anarchists and trouble-makers always show up hoping to create chaos and discredit the point of the actual protest. Happens all the time and some of them get paid to show up and do this.

Five held over suspected plot to disrupt G20 summit with explosives stunt | World news | guardian.co.uk

Meanwhile the REAL people who are trying to take a stand get drowned out and look bad
    Protests turn violent as thousands of anti-capitalists converge at Bank of England for G20 riot | Mail Online
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -9

Poor little Barry, he should set up his telepromters and give one of his "glorious speeches" that would make all these protesters faint and it would also paralyze their legs.

Liberal Far Left Ding Dongs would love this if that was Bush over there, I say "Good For Them" The Messiah is going to bankrupt America and now he wants to bankrupt the whole world, Liberals usually love protest but they don't like it when their little Prince Barry is involved.

Go Get Em Protesters
  7. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That's the problem. The ones with the civil and honestly held viewpoints are overshadowed by the petulant child-adults that want attention and DESPERATELY want to mean something so they can fill the empty void in their worthless lives.

But you're right, protests are good as long as they're constructive and civil. I've heard people knocking the tea parties already as wackos and weirdos who are just meeting to flash their guns and talk about how evil the government is, but all I've seen are mostly honest and concerned Americans citizens who want some positive change. That's how stuff can get done. We're supposed to be active, our inactivity is how the politicians have been allowed to sit back and work for corporations and themselves instead of us.
  8. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

how much you wanna bet that all the protesters are liberals????
  9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

LOL, I doubt RW would support what these guys are protesting for ;) (he'd support their right to protest, of course, but they aren't looking for smaller government).
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

Are you kidding me RW? Yeah, protesting is a good thing when you're protesting for the right things. ALL these people are AGAINST capitalism....that's all you need to know RW!
  11. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

wow the amount of ignorance in this thread is astounding.
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

So you support these idiots? Try being a little more specific.
  13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

At any given protest there's a handful of idiots trying to cause trouble. But the overwhelming majority of them have specific grievances against rampant capitalism and exploitation around the world. None of it filters down through our corporate media, so nobody here knows anything about it.

Also, I'm no conspiracye theorist, I hate conspiracy theories because they undermine genuine dissent. But I know for a fact that the police hire people to start trouble because it instantly undermines the legitimacy of the protests.

If you take a look at the news right now 95% of the protesters are peaceful and have legitimate critiques about how the environment and the third world is ravaged by unrestricted capitalism and about the rise of fascism, police states and oppression.

It's so easy just to write them off as "losers" and try to marginalize them because the arguments are uncomfortable for you and you aren't used to hearing them, but thousands upon thousands of people don't show up to protest because they all "hate their parents" and just want attention. The same happened in Seattle in '98, the DNC in 2000 and it's what's happening here.
  14. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

15. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

'Zactly. Sometimes one wonders why bother posting links to actual information:bricks:
  16. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Well I said that, but I don't think it's thousands and thousands. The ones that make the news being ridiculous, I think, are usually those types. I wouldn't say it's close to majority.

As I said, I have no problem with the peacefully protesting and trying to make the world better. I hate the ones that ruin it for everyone else.
  17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

No I agree with you there. The violent ones are just trouble-causing a-holes.
  18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

19. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

it was ok until you showed up
  20. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings: