PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easy road for the Patriots: Good or Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Patriots play another 13 easy, noncompetitive wins, I'm totally fine with that.

Sorry, but this is a stupid thread. There’s no such thing as an easy road. An easy game (if such thing even exist) can only be declared to have been one, only in hindsight, after it’s over. Right now, I’m not looking past no other than the Cowboys.

@ Denver and @ NYG are not easy. The Jets games will not be easy either. If you want to check out an easy schedule look no further than Denver. They might be undefeated come the end of November. GB is the only tough game and they have them at home. Pats had better take care of business or they will be traveling to Denver in January.

I remember in 2010, we were talking about how the Pats had one of the most difficult schedules any team had to navigate in 10-15 years or somesuch. Look how that turned out.

As long as the Pats are soundly coached, disciplined and healthy, that's what's going to matter.

eh, it is what it is. Both have good and bad points. I'd rather win against better competition, but the key word is "win." 15-1 against lesser competition is better than 9-7 against good competition.

I have a feeling Oakland upsets Denver - wishful thinking, but the Raiders are a better team this year and hate the Broncos. I can see the Pats going 16-0 this season, but I would rather 15-1 or 14-2 (as long as they have HFA) A loss can be great teaching aid and I think it may have changed the outcome in 07 had they lost a game or 2.

We're four weeks in. We don't know who the "good" or "bad" opponents will wind up being. A lot can still change.

Reference: 2014 Patriots.

I would like to think that the Patriots might be the measuring stick for what a good team is and is throwing the curve.

But then after watching Baltimore/Steelers, it just looked like a bad offense playing a bad defense regardless which team was which. Same as the boring football I watched last night (Note: didn't watch the end)

If the Patriots play another 13 easy, noncompetitive wins, I'm totally fine with that.

I'm more on board with having another 16 of those, not just 13.

Give me the easy, no stress, low blood pressure, rocking chair games over the 2 TD comebacks.

allows for a bunch of reps for reserves.......you never know who will be called upon to be a hero in the SB

Nothing's easy even if it looks easy. You never know with injuries as well. Gotta stay healthy. These next two games are big on the road. I still worry about that dolts game even though they don't look good at all.
Of all the remaining games on the schedule, why is that the one you're worried about?

There is no such thing as easy road. One freak injury or one bad game will change our perspective. Enjoy the moment instead of worrying about #1 seed right now. we are playing good but we can slip up just like any other team. Doesn't take much.

I have a feeling Oakland upsets Denver - wishful thinking, but the Raiders are a better team this year and hate the Broncos. I can see the Pats going 16-0 this season, but I would rather 15-1 or 14-2 (as long as they have HFA) A loss can be great teaching aid and I think it may have changed the outcome in 07 had they lost a game or 2.
No way raiders win. The people here in the bay area are hopeful but it wont happen.
This happens every year with manning teams since indy days. We constantly belittle them that they will lose to X,Y Z and when they don't its because the other team screwed up.

Of all the remaining games on the schedule, why is that the one you're worried about?
Iam nervous for that game not because we should win, because i dont want to lay an egg or lose due to some freak play to the colts of all teams. Its the pressure of not losing to those losers which makes me worried at least.

Iam nervous for that game not because we should win, because i dont want to lay an egg or lose due to some freak play to the colts of all teams. Its the pressure of not losing to those losers which makes me worried at least.

Well, it's you feeling the pressure, not the players so much.

If they lose, they lose.

But they're not losing that game. Just like they're not losing this week.

That game is a lock for a curb-stomping, even with Luck.

Sorry, but this is a stupid thread. There’s no such thing as an easy road. An easy game (if such thing even exist) can only be declared to have been one, only in hindsight, after it’s over. Right now, I’m not looking past no other than the Cowboys.
Yeah, I'll bet a lot of Seahawks' fans had last night in the "easy" column and it turns out that it takes a blown call at the end of the game to seal the W. I wonder how many folks got knocked out of their Knock Out Pools last night?

Iam nervous for that game not because we should win, because i dont want to lay an egg or lose due to some freak play to the colts of all teams. ...
You mean like losing the SB to a 10--6 team on a freak play by a guy who never played another down in the NFL or losing an SB to a 9--7 team because one of the best WR's in the game drops a ball he catches 9 out of 10 times? Is that kind of what you're thinking?

The schedule looks as easy as any we've had under Brady but it's really just not possible to gauge teams currently, so some of these games that look easy might end up being a challenge and vice versa.

But assuming that the schedule is easy then overall, I'd say that's a good thing because our young defense can use some of these games to build confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes