PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easterbrook - Unbelievable!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Suspend Easterbrook

Wow, that is pretty outlandish remarks for Easterbrook to make when there is clear evidence that would ruin his argument. I can't believe how irresponsible his statements are, and unfortunately he has a hand in shaping the publich opinion of the Pats.

I actually like when people post Easterbrook articles. Lets me stay current on the parts that I would care about while avoiding giving him page hits and having to read about which cheerleader he's jerking off to each week.

Last edited:
I actually like when people post Easterbrook articles. Lets me stay current on the parts that I would care about while avoiding giving him page hits and having to read about which cheerleader he's jerking off to each weak.

Oh, we so need a vomit smiley on this forum.

I just sent the following comment to the ombudsman:

Once again, Gregg Easterbrook has written a high-profile article based on speculation and no facts. The worst part is, he tries to morph his opinion into some semblance of truth.

In his article, Easterbrook suggests that the Patriots highly benefited from taping the Rams' walkthrough prior to Super Bowl XXXVI. This is a rumor, and such videotaping has not been confirmed, yet Easterbrook stretches this rumor to further his mission in bashing the Patriots (as he has done all season long). He states that since the Patriots only won by three points, then their supposed knowledge of the Rams' red zone plays vaulted them to their win. However, the Rams only had one red zone possession during the game, and they scored a touchdown.

Furthermore, Easterbrook bemoans the lack of justification for the severe penalty issued by Roger Goodell. He reasons that if what the Patriots did by videotaping signals wasn't such a big deal, then why was the punishment so large? But earlier this year, he bemoaned the lack of punishment for what he deemed a grievous crime in sports. What gives?

This article wasn't even part of TMQ, which is on Page 2. It was given the same treatment as an actual journalistic article from the likes of Len Pasquarelli or John Clayton. The aforementioned writers form opinions, but only when they have facts to back them up. Easterbrook has crossed the line with his biased and unfounded opinions, and ESPN has allowed him to do so.

Easterbrook is a tool.

LMAO! One for one in the redzone. Talk about foot in mouth. What an idiot.

I also loved this from his column:
If the materials really were minor stuff, why the months of "No comment"?

Um ... because it was minor stuff and there was nothing to comment on?

This is a prime example of what I was talking about in another thread where I stated that I think the media is doing an absolutely horrible job covering this story.

Last edited:
ESPN has already edited out the 'each time they reached the red zone' portion of the article. The implication is still there however.

Its one thing to post here without being 100% sure of your facts, but damn Easterbrook gets paid for this shoddy reporting? Espn's got way too much money to burn.

Easterbrook is a well known anti-semite who has published anti semitic statements that got him fired previously from ESPN. Is it really that must of a stretch for him to carry a grudge against Kraft who he knows is Jewish.

I mentioned it another thread last evening I don't want to give credit to this 'columnist' by providing the link. Just a little bit too much to stomach on the eve of SB and I didn't want the other fans reading it. Guess too late now :(

Hope the readers ignore this link/article today and get to it after the SB.

Last edited:
Let's step back off the ledge. Letekro, don't get me wrong, as I'm not picking on you, but this situation must not take away from the anticipation of the big game. To even consider these allegations at this time is silly.

There's a game tomorrow between two good teams. One has had the most incredible season to date in NFL history. To think about anything else at this time takes away from this historical weekend. Don't allow that to happen.

Good post CT, I am gonna enjoy today, nothing any media outlet says to try to discredit our team is going get any media attention in this house whatsoever.

This is our historical weekend as fans and as the NEP organization. NOTHING any sportswriter is gonna say is gonna take away from MY loyality to this team. Until any proof, IF ANY PROOF ( and I seriously doubt that any will surface) comes to light, then we can address it then.

This is OUR day....strategically timed allegations are not going to even come close to me enjoying it to the fullest....

Let's roll!

ESPN has already edited out the 'each time they reached the red zone' portion of the article. The implication is still there however.

And that's even sleazier journalism than publishing this clowns crap itself.

ESPN has a vendetta against Belichick. They also entered the Boston radio market two years ago and signed Michael Felger as the local talent to front their entre into the market. They have struggled to go up against WEEI, getting roundly clobbered ratings wise, although of late the undefeated run on which Belichick's team has gone has at least greatly expanded their advertising base.

If ESPN won't listen to reason and behave with some modicom of dignity, maybe it's time for Pat's fans to make it clear to advertisers like Dial a Mattress, Porters with a P and whomever else is underwriting this effort that they won't sell any product in this market if they continue to advertise on ESPN Radio Boston.

And I know the Krafts strive to maximize their marketing strategy. They signed the team up this season to do exclusives on Fridays in season with Felger. I say not only the fan base but the ownership needs to take a stand at this juncture. Playing ball with a-holes whose corporate HQ seems hell bent on damaging their brand didn't buy the Krafts anything from where I sit. So Bob and Jonathan need to stop looking the other way when they make their broadcasting decisions. Say what you will about WEEI or Channel 5, but they don't irrationally bite the hand that feeds them or incessantly stab their most lucrative broadcast partners in the back at every opportunity.

Bob Kraft is a very influential force in the NFL. He needs to have the stones his fan base has in dealing with ESPN. If the suits in Bristol got the message that he was personally going to commit to sinking their Boston radio venture because it's very existence has done his franchise brand more harm than good, they'd listen.

And then a clown like Felger would be down to freelancing for the Herald and carrying Comcast's water on his new CNS gig. I've yet to hear him utter the words Spector and Comcast in the same sentence this week. Which reminds me, the Comcast digital deal that brings me exclusive Patriots content (albeit days after the fact), the team could live without that partnership, too. I know they say you keep your friends close and your enemies closer, but this is really getting ridiculous. The Patriots are making millions for their enemies while allowing them to smack them around like tackling dummies. It needs to stop. Funnel those dollars towards cultivating your friends.

Until proven, this malicious innuendo fueled by poor sports and sour apples does a lot to create an "us versus them" mentality that Bill Parcells tried so hard to construct.

Like his protege, Belichick is going to use this to good effect. What I once thought would be a close, nail-biter is going to turn into a fourth-quarter rout.

Go, Patriots! Speculations like this are disrespectful IF FALSE--and there's not a scintilla of evidence that they are anything else.

Why would a team let a guy sit in the empty stands with video equipment? My high school coach would have been all over that. People just can't accept the truth that the Patriots rule.

Easterbrook is a well known anti-semite who has published anti semitic statements that got him fired previously from ESPN. Is it really that must of a stretch for him to carry a grudge against Kraft who he knows is Jewish.

Bingo, sad to say we have Bingo......

Do no think for one second that this anti - semite along with the "old guard" from the NFL are not out to get youe NE Patriots solely due the Krafts religion.

Very sad and very true

Until proven, this malicious innuendo fueled by poor sports and sour apples does a lot to create an "us versus them" mentality that Bill Parcells tried so hard to construct.

Like his protege, Belichick is going to use this to good effect. What I once thought would be a close, nail-biter is going to turn into a fourth-quarter rout.

Go, Patriots! Speculations like this are disrespectful IF FALSE--and there's not a scintilla of evidence that they are anything else.

Why would a team let a guy sit in the empty stands with video equipment? My high school coach would have been all over that. People just can't accept the truth that the Patriots rule.

How come we fans can figure this stuff out and NO OTHER MEDIA Outlet is savvy enough to find out this information?

Bingo, sad to say we have Bingo......

Do no think for one second that this anti - semite along with the "old guard" from the NFL are not out to get youe NE Patriots solely due the Krafts religion.

Very sad and very true

How come we fans can figure this stuff out and NO OTHER MEDIA Outlet is savvy enough to find out this information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back