PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easterbrook: The Pats' system seems more important than Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Easterbrook: The Pat's System Seems More Important Than Brady

come on 5 and 13 was when he was cleaning up bobby griers mess and transitioning his players he coulnt come in and wave a wand over horse crap and make filet migon lets get real

You do know they won the Super Bowl that season, right?

Easterbrook is a system writer.

They could find some other old, brain dead curmudgeon to replace him without skipping a beat.

So now we are back to Brady being nothing more than a system QB. Thank God Brady is much more gracious than me. The way the fans in this town have turned on him is disgusting. I'm left to wonder what he did to deserve that? If I was him, I'd pack up my gear say my goodbyes and tell my agent to work out a trade or cut. He's dead in this town if he stays anyway. Who would root for him? It's amazing how one injury wipes out 7 years of production.

You're overreacting again at this stage, but for the record I call it the Nomar syndrome...;)

His reflections are flawed. He seems to think its all about the system and coach but what he fails to recognize is that it takes players to execute the system which is what Brady & Co have done to the total of 3 SBs. While I agree with him that Cassel seems to be a good fit for the system and a good fall back option should Brady not recover from his injury, it remains to be seen how MC will perform down the stretch as the pressure mounts and how he would ever perform in a big game like the SB.

Easterbrook on 10/16/2008:

Easterbrook on 11/25/2008:

C'mon, give the guy a break. He waited more than a month before completely changing his opinion.

I saw the title of the article last night, then saw that it was an Easterbrook article, and thought "That's going to be garbage." Once again, Gregg doesn't let his non-audience down.

So now we are back to Brady being nothing more than a system QB. Thank God Brady is much more gracious than me. The way the fans in this town have turned on him is disgusting. I'm left to wonder what he did to deserve that? If I was him, I'd pack up my gear say my goodbyes and tell my agent to work out a trade or cut. He's dead in this town if he stays anyway. Who would root for him? It's amazing how one injury wipes out 7 years of production.
Must be great for Brady. He is injuried, gets an infection,out for an entire season and has know way of defending himself. He cant even give an interview saying how he is doing.

I'm pretty sure that many of us predicted exactly this right after Brady went down. Given the media's propensity to look for the negative, this thing would go either one of two ways:

1) Cassel was horrible and the team failed miserably. The story line there would be that Belichick is nothing special and that all the time it's been Brady and Brady alone responsible for the team's success.

2) Cassel would do well. The story line there would be that Belichick is the mastermind and that Brady is nothing special -- just the beneficiary of a great system.

Can't win. Suprirsingly, the only guys who really get it are the guys calling the games on Sunday. They seem to look for the positive angle. I think Dierdorf (was it he?) mentioned a few times on Sunday what a great job Belichick was doing this season with pretty crummy cards dealt to him.

Be fair, it's a tough job to juggle so many contradictory opinions at once. If he falters for just one minute he'll accidentally give credit to someone on the Patriots, resulting in sure-fire dismissal from espn.

Joe montana played in the most famous systems of all time. So he isnt great either ?
Mike martz hasnt been able to duplicate the 2001 rams with the same system and kitna and shaun hill. This is such a stupid debate about player or system. Without players there is no system.

Joe montana played in the most famous systems of all time. So he isnt great either ?
Mike martz hasnt been able to duplicate the 2001 rams with the same system and kitna and shaun hill. This is such a stupid debate about player or system. Without players there is no system.

Absolutely and it goes back to 1) players like Brady etc...2) Be-ioli in player evaluation and selection and 3) hopefully free agents who 'get it' will come here, not for the most money but for the chance to play in a well run, winning organization as opposed to some of the dysfunctional ones out there...Det, Oak, Cinn...... You need #1, and #2,...#3 is gravy.

Last edited:
First of all, Easterbrook is a tool.

Secondly, even if you have to find ways to diss Brady, you're still going to compliment the system the Patriots have in place. This franchise is a consistent winner, and this season is more evidence to that.

Thirdly, Easterbrook is a tool.

And finally, Easterbrook is a tool and a dirty, senile old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back