PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easterbrook Slapped Down by ESPN's OWN Ombudsperson

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least someone at ESPN had some integrity, now we need someone slapping down the NY Post.

Definitely good to see--hopefully it will help put things into perspective for all but the most rabid Pats-haters.

Excellent..... Nice to see someone using facts and logic as opposed to rumour and innuendo.

Respects,

I never knew ESPN had an Ombudsman.

This column probably doesn't get many views.

Agreed. Finally a person with a brain at ESPN.

Of course, Twerperbrook claims he has more stuff that he needs to get "on the record."

I agree that the moron crossed the line when he went from "might" to "is."

And, of course, in his current column, he talks about how NE is featuring the tight end in its offense, apparently at the expense of "max protect" lines. Of course, he neglects the fact that the Pats are using the MP to good effect (e.g., "Hey, Randy, go deep, and I'll find you!")

i wonder what he means by this

Believe me, I'm working on it, I know some things that are not in that column, but I don't have them on the record yet. I hope to be publishing proof of all those things in great detail."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=green_jeremy&id=3051500

What is really interesting is this piece by jeremy Green that was an Insider's piece..and now free on ESPN..They thought it cleared up some things...and it certainly does a bit more than the haters could do. Much ado about nothing!!!! All that 'spy-gate' was.

i dont know why the Ombudsperson didnt question ESPN for not releasing this article when the spygate was going on and making it insiders only.

Of course, Twerperbrook claims he has more stuff that he needs to get "on the record."

Hmmmm........sounds familiar........what other "journalist" was famous for that????????
_______________-

http://deadspin.com/sports/hometown-columnists/

"Ah, those were the days. But Ron Borges is more than a senior abuser. The main charges against him are that he is overly critical of Boston area icons -- exhibit A being Patriots coach Bill Belichick. Borges has it in for Belichick for some reason, saying this on ESPN Radio last January:

"This fellow (Belichick) has cornered the market on convincing people with the help of his friends that no one has ever worked harder than he does and he's out, uh, you know, when everyone else is sleeping, he's working, when everyone else is eating, he's working, uh, I could say something, but I won't ... about uh, how at least some of his time is being spent..."

When pressed by callers to elaborate, Borges refused. And when not engaged in unsubstantiated character assassination, Borges puts the "mock" in the mock draft.........."

Easterbrook-Borges. Yup, same class, same year.

If only it was displayed on the ESPN front page in the same way the Easterbrook drivel was.

If only it was displayed on the ESPN front page in the same way the Easterbrook drivel was.

maybe thats something to write to the Ombudsperson about :)

Great article, I wish that more people were concerned with the state of media opinions vs reporting. There seems to be a nationwide brainwashing going on that has reduced the collective intelligence of our population.

That's a pretty good pimpslap.

I never knew ESPN had an Ombudsman.

This column probably doesn't get many views.

Nor did I. It's like the retractions that newspapers stick in some obscure location, like the classifieds or the page after the comics, once the damage from the front page article has already been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back