PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easterbrook: Koppen is non-QB, non-RB MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyFTW!

Goodell sucks
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well, this guy is probably my least favorite writer on a national site, and just about everything that he writes is garbage. As is to be expected, his reasoning kinda sucks in giving this award, but given that Koppen is a Patriot who does deserve more recognition, I think we can at least chalk this up to the whole broken clock being right twice per day principle. Although he is wrong, anyways.

Tuesday Morning Quarterback Non-Quarterback Non-Running Back NFL MVP: Dan Koppen - ESPN

Last edited:
I thought he was playing pretty poorly early in the season, but he has come on as of late, perhaps coinciding with Mankins' return. Who knows.

Well, this guy is probably my least favorite writer on a national site, and just about everything that he writes is garbage. As is to be expected, his reasoning kinda sucks in giving this award, but given that Koppen is a Patriot who does deserve more recognition, I think we can at least chalk this up to the whole broken clock being right twice per day principle.

Tuesday Morning Quarterback Non-Quarterback Non-Running Back NFL MVP: Dan Koppen - ESPN

As a player, Koppen is a nice guy. Smart, good character and barely middle of the road physically at the position.

I was laughing that clueless Easterbrook thought he was Patriots non qb,rb MVP.

Then I reread. MVP of the whole league? OMFG!

Was he voted in by opposing Nose Tackles?

Just confirms my suspicion that Eastereggs doesn't watch or understand football.

Last edited:
He's trying to appear smart by picking a non qb/rb, but it's just really lazy. He picks the top offense, and then picks a lineman. This year he picked the center, fairly arbitrarily.

Eh, whatever. Koppen's agent will be pleased.

Koppen? He's our weakest lineman. He's below average in both pass pro and run blocking. He makes up for it with football intelligence, but that only goes so far.

Come on, this offense went from great to extraordinary with Mankins - it's obvious who the best lineman is. I don't care if it means me eating crow until the end of my days, everything I said about signing Mankins long-term was dead-wrong. Sign the beast.

As for Koppen, we should be drafting his replacement this April. He has, maybe, one year left.

Last edited:
Makes sense ... how to beat the patriots is jam the receivers and rush up the middle. Only several times this year has anyone rushed up the middle after the snap.

Easterbrook is an idiot. I don't care what he writes about.

Not gonna Dis on Koppen just because this guy is an idiot so rather than point out why Koppen isnt I would just point to Devin McCourty who IMO has to be this teams Non-QB/RB MVP (scratch that just non-QB MVP) With Vince and Mayo close behind.

Don't know why anyone would waste their time reading the lunatic ravings of this anti-Semitic conspiracy mongering nitwit.

I'll take Mankins

the OL wasn't right until Mankins got back

I thought he was playing pretty poorly early in the season, but he has come on as of late, perhaps coinciding with Mankins' return. Who knows.

Pretty much. Koppen benefited the most from Mankins' return.

Turns out there's an "unsung hero" aspect to his selections. I.e., he says he passed over Clay Matthews and a couple of others just because they were better known.

Past Patriots selections by him include Matt Light, Troy Brown, and of all people Damien Woody.

He is just trying to find ways to detract from Brady's performance.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Page 2 writers are bizzarre hacks who aren't worth the bandwidth used to access their articles. I hate Easterbrook and saying Koppen is remotely the MVP if you took out QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, Tackles, Guards, CBs, Safeties, LBs, and D-lineman is ridiculous. Koppen struggled early in the season and has arguably been one of the weakest links on the o-line (although the o-line has been solid most of the year).

This award should go to Mankins or Mayo. Not Koppen.. Koppen was horrible until Mankins came back.

Mayo should be in consideration for Defensive MVP, though I think that Ed Reed will win it based on his 8 ints in 8 games or whatever he got...

Easterbrook is an idiot. I don't care what he writes about.

This is the correct answer. This guy was the worst of the lot during spygate. Reading his stuff is blasphemy for any patriots fan.

Mankins, Koppen, who had B.J. Raji? That stuff scares the hell out of me. I hope neither one of them is taking bows until we cure the nose tackle coming unblocked on Brady. Never acceptable.

IMO, Big Vince is the obvious non QB/RB MVP of the team (or MVP of the team among players not named Tom Brady for that matter). He's the team's most vocal and influential leader on defense and he's anchoring a D-line (the most important part of the defense) that has been banged up all year with no other established starter next to him. With Seymour/Bruschi/Vrabel/Harrison gone they were missing leadership last year and he has filled that void moreso than anyone.

IMO, Big Vince is the obvious non QB/RB MVP of the team (or MVP of the team among players not named Tom Brady for that matter). He's the team's most vocal and influential leader on defense and he's anchoring a D-line (the most important part of the defense) that has been banged up all year with no other established starter next to him. With Seymour/Bruschi/Vrabel/Harrison gone they were missing leadership last year and he has filled that void moreso than anyone.

Agreed. I could think of 3 or 4 OL on our team I'd rather give the award to than Koppen, who has benefited from Mankins return, but Vince really deserves some recognition for the outstanding job he's done all year. And no more talk about being a two-down guy. He goes the distance when we need him like against Green Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes