PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easterbrook is an idiot, but he made a good point here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
In fact, the NFL's passing yardage leader has never gone on to win the Super Bowl in the same season.
Why do gonzo passing attacks tend to falter at the end? Pass defense requires mental discipline and concentration; pass defenders might tend to slack off a bit in the regular season but bear down in the playoffs

All previous league-leading passers, such as Drew Brees last season or Gannon in 2002, have discovered to their horror that the throws that seemed easy in the regular season aren't there in the postseason

Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day

Certainly something to think about as Morris returns and our receiver corps is questionable (but includes Randy, I hope).

This is a man who is trying to destroy our franchise. This is a man who smeared our team like no team has been smeared before. I hope he dies a violent death. I didn't even read your post. There is no point he could make that justifies his presence on this board IMO.

I can't speak to other situations but we didn't lose to the NYG because their CB "concentrated". We lost because our OL were playing with themselves instead of playing football.

And because our defense couldn't make a play when the game was on the line. The Giants needed to go 83 yards and score a TD - a FG was no good. All they needed to do was make one play to stop the drive and keep them out of the end zone, and they couldn't do it.

i read your post, and i agree.

the pats had their fun in the sun with all those exotic shotgun situations, maybe now they'll change it up. i wouldn't mind taking a new RB in the draft (after we sure up defense).

gotta admit, tho. was it not fuggin amazing to see all those records broken? especially the brady and moss records. something to shut up those peyton maniacs.

i read your post, and i agree.

the pats had their fun in the sun with all those exotic shotgun situations, maybe now they'll change it up. i wouldn't mind taking a new RB in the draft (after we sure up defense).

gotta admit, tho. was it not fuggin amazing to see all those records broken? especially the brady and moss records. something to shut up those peyton maniacs.
I would have traded every single one of those stinking offensive records for the win in the SB!

I would rather have the ring than the records..

This is a man who is trying to destroy our franchise. This is a man who smeared our team like no team has been smeared before. I hope he dies a violent death. I didn't even read your post. There is no point he could make that justifies his presence on this board IMO.

That's a very intelligent approach. I didn't read it and i disagree with it.

I'm still sending him a nickel for your click, though.;)

I've actually been saying the same thing for years. It's not exactly an original thought.

It is an interesting phenomenon, you'd think the top QB would have won one bowl.

Yeah, Easterbrook is so right--I guess that's why Tom Brady completed 92% of his passes against the Jaguars

Yeah, Easterbrook is so right--I guess that's why Tom Brady completed 92% of his passes against the Jaguars

the NFL's passing yardage leader has never gone on to win the Super Bowl in the same season.

seems "so right" to me.

The passing offense didn't fail, the entire offense failed. The Patriots lost because the Oline got their ass kicked all game long. It wasn't like receivers were not open, it's just that Brady had no time to get it to them. The other major issue was the Oline's inability to run block in the Super Bowl as Maroney was swallowed up at or behind the line of scrimmage more often that not.

The way the Pats would have won that game with the line playing as poorly as it was, would have been to spread the field even further. 5 wide/empty backfield with Brady making quick decisions on short drop backs before the rush could get to him.

If Rodney Harrison knocks the ball out of David Tyree's hand, this article is never published. Seriously, they lose by 3 points after the first 18-0 start in NFL history and suddenly the fact that Brady had such a good year caused them to lose. Bull.

The stat might be interesting but a little more research invalidates the theory he uses it to prove. And when I say a little, I mean very little research.

Sure Drew Brees led the NFL in yards and didn't win the Super bowl in 2006. Peyton Manning who missed leading the NFL in yards by 21 yards did.

In 1999, Kurt Warner was second in yaards and the Rams won it all - less than 100 yards separated him from the leader.

There are other similar cases. While the stat is interesting, it is more coincidence than anything else these days. You look back over the last 20 years or so and you will find a lot of teams that featured high powered passing games (Indy, Stl, GB, SF) that have been champions.

Last edited:
The point is moronic.

Players concentrate more on defense during the playoffs?

And offensive skill players just play with themselves?

Please.

The Pats passed like demons in the Jags game and Brady was less healthy in the next two games.

This stat is an oddity and it proves NOTHING.

Easterbrook thinks everything he says or writes is some priceless, thought provoking gem.

If Rodney Harrison knocks the ball out of David Tyree's hand, this article is never published. Seriously, they lose by 3 points after the first 18-0 start in NFL history and suddenly the fact that Brady had such a good year caused them to lose. Bull.

Updated: January 8, 2008, 1:53 AM ET

The stat might be interesting but a little more research invalidates the theory he uses it to prove. And when I say a little, I mean very little research.

Sure Drew Brees led the NFL in yards and didn't win the Super bowl in 2006. Peyton Manning who missed leading the NFL in yards by 21 yards did.

In 1999, Kurt Warner was second in yaards and the Rams won it all - less than 100 yards separated him from the leader.

There are other similar cases. While the stat is interesting, it is more coincidence than anything else these days. You look back over the last 20 years or so and you will find a lot of teams that featured high powered passing games (Indy, Stl, GB, SF) that have been champions.

More research doesn't change anything.

Sure, the Rams won once with an unbalanced offense, but the Colts in 2006 averaged 151 yards rushing in the playoffs, second most to the 154 of the Eagles.

We only used the examples most favorable to your argument and one out of two doesn't make your point at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes