East/West Shrine Game Tonite(Sat.) 7P ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Here's a link with the rosters. A couple of guys who might be on our
radar

John Greco - T - Toledo. Supposedly had a great week of practice.

Jonathan Goff - ILB - Vandy Could be our young legs at ilb we're looking for.

Kenny Iwebema - DE/OLB - Iowa Later round prospect.

Jamie Silva - S - BC Local prospect. Playmaker in college.

Dwight Lowery - CB - San Jose St Another guy supposed to be having a good week of practice. I'm sure our buddy Pat Hill has some input on him. Same league.

Ahtyba Rubin - NG - Iowa ST. We don't really have a backup for Vince Wilfork. But, he could be the guy. 4th round where he is projected could be where we look to fill that position.

Trae Williams - CB - S Fla. - Over shadowed by Michael Jenkins but some think he might be a better pro.

Allen Patrick - RB - Oklahoma - Late-rounder. Could make it.

Frank Okam - DT/NG - Texas - Doesn't seem our type but who knows.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/allstars/asbowl.php?id-26

zack bowman from nebraska. kid was a 1st round talent..then went back to school because he was injured that year. got another knee injury in spring practices and played some of the season. also got hurt again in the practices for this game..not sure about his status

Ahtyba Rubin - NG - Iowa ST. We don't really have a backup for Vince Wilfork. But, he could be the guy. 4th round where he is projected could be where we look to fill that position.

Trae Williams - CB - S Fla. - Over shadowed by Michael Jenkins but some think he might be a better pro.

Don't know if they're on the Pats radar, but these two play positions of need, and from some reports, deserve an extra look-see. And refreshingly -- they're not #7 candidates. :cool:

Originally Posted by patsfaninpa

Don't know if they're on the Pats radar, but these two play positions of need, and from some reports, deserve an extra look-see. And refreshingly -- they're not #7 candidates. :cool:

Just bumping up this post, as it wasn't appearing on the main page.

i saw Williams allow like 3 catches on 1 drive alone . wasnt impressed. closing speed wasnt very good..hes small. how could he make a better pro than Jenkins? Trae is a career nickelback if hes ever gonna be productive

i saw Williams allow like 3 catches on 1 drive alone . wasnt impressed. closing speed wasnt very good..hes small. how could he make a better pro than Jenkins? Trae is a career nickelback if hes ever gonna be productive

Good. We need opinions from observations like yours in order to weed out the prospects. Beats relying on profiles...which is why I don't.

Good. We need opinions from observations like yours in order to weed out the prospects. Beats relying on profiles...which is why I don't.

if were looking for a CB in the 2-3 round range..Dwight Lowery is 3x better than Trae Williams. Hes a ball hawk..wont burn up the track with the 40 but he's a good prospect for a zone D and he really finds the ball and picks it off

I agree. Best receiving back in this years draft, runs hard and will block. Could take faulks role in a year or two. Must bigger version of Faulk. A steal in the 4th (could be third).
DW Toys

Did a quick search on Cory Boyd and hit a Red Flag right away.

"Cory Boyd Suspended"
http://southcarolina.scout.com/2/390103.html

I like the size, 6-1 217, and the production in the passing game though.
If his character/work ethic issues are answered positively, then I wouldn't mind seeing this guy with a 3rd or 4th round pick.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146825

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back