PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

East West Shrine Game scouting thread

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Come watch the game and point out players you would like to see the Pats draft.

MaGee - RB actually looks like hw could be a good 3rd down back. Might be worth a late round shot in the 6th ot 7th.

The West's right tackle is struggling. Given up a couple of pressures on the first drive.

Za'Darius Smith from Kentucky with three pressures already. nice inside move.

As well Za'Darius Smith is playing, he's constantly a step late at the snap.

OL John Miller-Louisville (east team) and OL Adam Shead-Oklahoma (west team) are standing out to me. Both are those bigger road grader types we seem to be going for since Dante retired.

I think I read somewhere this week that Miller wasn't looking so hot in practice. But IMO he's looking pretty good in the game.

And RB Kenny Hilliard-LSU (east team) is also looking pretty good.

Ben Heeney has made couple of plays including on special teams. Excellent linebacker.

BJ Finney, Kansas State's center (6-4, 324) has lined up at RG and LG. Got some good comments in practice too.

Edit:Charles Davis said he's an ex-wrester. Hmmm.

OL John Miller-Louisville (east team) and OL Adam Shead-Oklahoma (west team) are standing out to me. Both are those bigger road grader types we seem to be going for since Dante retired.

I think I read somewhere this week that Miller wasn't looking so hot in practice. But IMO he's looking pretty good in the game.

And RB Kenny Hilliard-LSU (east team) is also looking pretty good.

I've come to the conclusion most prospects from LSU are studs!

Miller from Louisville impressed me also!

I've come to the conclusion most prospects from LSU are studs!

Miller from Louisville impressed me also!

Miller and Chickillo were the best prospects in that game. Dominique Brown at 6-2 and 230lbs intrigued me too.

Didn't watch the whole game, but was watching the OLs and liked Damien Miller (played LT for the East team) in addition to John Miller and Shead. Gave up one pressure but otherwise was handling both the pass and run blocking assignments well, I thought.

Didn't watch the whole game, but was watching the OLs and liked Damien Miller (played LT for the East team) in addition to John Miller and Shead. Gave up one pressure but otherwise was handling both the pass and run blocking assignments well, I thought.

Do you mean Darrian Miller in the blue helmet? I'm a fan of his and although he gave up a couple of pressures, he looked really good as a zone blocked in the running game. Would be best served moving inside to LG. The knock on him is that he's under 300lbs.

Miller and Chickillo were the best prospects in that game. Dominique Brown at 6-2 and 230lbs intrigued me too.

Just read up on Chickillo a Lil bit Manx. Played a 2 gap scheme at Miami. Kid sounds like a BB type player!

Just read up on Chickillo a Lil bit Manx. Played a 2 gap scheme at Miami. Kid sounds like a BB type player!

Yup. Need to do some work on him. I'm interested in those types of guys this year so certainly worth a look.

Does anyone else think that Chickillo could move to ILB? He worked out at LB at the combine.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back