PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easley's explosion is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely noticed that last night as well. He's starting to make the same exact plays he made in college.

BTW I think the whole "Jones can't play the run" thing is bullshi*. He set the edge 5 yards in the backfield on that play.

If DB's play just average Pats D will be fine...

Could see a decent amount of sacks coming from the LBs. IMO Collins could easily be a double digit sack guy if Easley and Brown command some double teams.

Could see a decent amount of sacks coming from the LBs. IMO Collins could easily be a double digit sack guy if Easley and Brown command some double teams.

Collins and Hightower can dominate when they A gap blitz. It will be fun if BB/Patricia dial it up this year.

If Pats stays in 4-3 then Mayo and High more offen the Collins will blitz, Collins gonna drop then.

This is a great example of why I wanted the Pats to draft him last year. That was the explosion I saw at Florida. The knees are still a concern but, if he stays healthy, he's going to be a NASTY presence up the A and B gaps against the pass. He was on Newton like stink on ****.

I hope @patsinthesnow doesn't mind me turning this into a DL thread:

Mike Petraglia ‏@Trags 1m1 minute ago
Belichick on 3rd and 4th down stops early "Sheard got across LOS, forced the ball into [middle] of line." Credits "point of attack."

I think Sheard has been the best and most consistent guy this pre-season.

@AdamSchefter: Text from one league source on Patriots landing former Browns LB/DE Jabaal Sheard: "Will be top 5 signing of free agency, guarantee it."

He honestly should start due to his complete game. As long as BB gets Jones, Sheard, Ninkovich on the field together for the majority of the snaps, sounds good to me.

image.jpg

If Butler's a stud, this D is very much like the 2011-2013 49ers/Panthers defenses. Exciting times.

@AdamSchefter: Text from one league source on Patriots landing former Browns LB/DE Jabaal Sheard: "Will be top 5 signing of free agency, guarantee it."

He honestly should start due to his complete game. As long as BB gets Jones, Sheard, Ninkovich on the field together for the majority of the snaps, sounds good to me.

View attachment 10188

considering they've got to do some rotating with Collins, Hightower and Mayo too because we spend so much time in nickel, it's going to be interesting. Rich Hill also noted that we ran a 3-4 of:

Love the Patriots short yardage 3-4 formation of Nink - Chandler - Branch - Brown - Sheard

And Flowers who, at the very least, looks like a good backup that is strong in run defense. It's such a good DL, I think Rufus Johnson will struggle to get a place and he's looked really good as a pass rusher.
That was a really nice job by Flowers. Great knee bend so he can keep his leverage against a bigger man. But what I'd like to know is WTF was the DB who read the play and came up to stuff the lead back 3 yds deep in the backfield. All I could get was his number started with a 3. Any help on that.

BTW- great clip on Easley. It's all in that first step, and when he gets low, he's a guarantee to wind up in the backfield. He was a little bit high on his sack, but showed great feet and hands to get through the "mud"

BTW- thank you SO much for finding and posting these clips. I can't tell you how much it adds to my enjoyment of a game I missed most of These were EXACTLY what I was hoping for..

That was a really nice job by Flowers. Great knee bend so he can keep his leverage against a bigger man. But what I'd like to know is WTF was the DB who read the play and came up to stuff the lead back 3 yds deep in the backfield. All I could get was his number started with a 3. Any help on that.

BTW- great clip on Easley. It's all in that first step, and when he gets low, he's a guarantee to wind up in the backfield. He was a little bit high on his sack, but showed great feet and hands to get through the "mud"

BTW- thank you SO much for finding and posting these clips. I can't tell you how much it adds to my enjoyment of a game I missed most of These were EXACTLY what I was hoping for..

Are you on twitter? If so, just follow @Rich-Hill. He's great for these.

Edit: Pretty sure that's Tarrell Brown #31. Hadn't seen that - he really knocked that RT back. Brown was very impressive last night.

considering they've got to do some rotating with Collins, Hightower and Mayo too because we spend so much time in nickel, it's going to be interesting. Rich Hill also noted that we ran a 3-4 of:

Love the Patriots short yardage 3-4 formation of Nink - Chandler - Branch - Brown - Sheard
Remmeber the small post Mayo created regarding 5-2... BB keep getting more and more puzzles ;)

Easley is almost like a bonus, since we were not expecting much of him last season and we won the SB anyway.

Chandler Jones, Ninko, Sheard, Flowers, Easley, Brown, Hightowah, Collins, Mayo, there's a logjam of talent, best D-line in the league, I wanna see QB's giving up on the game after a long afternoon taking a beat, like this

tumblr_inline_n2awqhTsvC1sncrgo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey