PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easley

Status
Not open for further replies.
All three of Branch, Wilfork and Easley (I think) made plays on the opposite end of the LOS to which they started. That might sound a small thing but when you are often only playing two down linemen, that level of strength and athleticism is important. None of the three are just hole cloggers.

All three of Branch, Wilfork and Easley (I think) made plays on the opposite end of the LOS to which they started. That might sound a small thing but when you are often only playing two down linemen, that level of strength and athleticism is important. None of the three are just hole cloggers.

Good points manman Branch was really pushing the pocket being disruptive that Mountain of a man. Teams are going to play right in our hands if our Beef on D stay healthy.

Don't forget Chris Jones!

Look when you give up 14 yards of rushing in a Pee Wee game, your defensive line played great. If you do that in the NFL, then your D line was outstanding!!

Vince was Vince an immovable object. That first running play when he just basically went straight down the line of scrimmage was a thing of beauty!

I thought that Easley looked very good, he did a lot of stunting coming around from his end position to rush up the middle which threw off Luck. He hit Luck a few times and caused a few rushed off target throws.

I had to rewind the game I think in the second quarter when Branch came down the line and just planted the running back. He hit the RB so hard, I had to rewind and say who was that? Give Branch some time in the system.

Imagine come playoff time if the Pats front seven is:

Jones, Wilfork, Branch, Easley

Nikovich, Hightower, Collins

I thought Niko played another solid game last night, held his edge.

Both Hightower and Collins were outstanding!

Easley was good last night. How many snaps did Alan Branch get - I liked what I saw from him, too. Siliga coming back, (hopefully) Chandler coming back soon - this DL is getting ferocious.

If Branch/Wilfork/Siliga can be that effective against the run, the pats get teams in third and long...with Jones back, Easley regaining explosiveness, Collins playing out of his mind and that defensive backfield, I like our chances when teams are in third and long!
I have always been a fan of Alan Branch, I wanted to sign him entering last season, he is a big body, under 30 years old, with solid talent. I hope he sticks around next season as well.

Don't forget, Sealver Siliga is now eligible to be activated.

Mayo I wasn't being overly critical I just didn't see the explosiveness he's gifted with up until last night. The concerns about him was valid.
I agree with both you and Mayo. I, too, have said a few times earlier this season that I didn't see the quickness for which he has become known. I live in Gainesville and saw him play in person. The kid is just lightning off the line. He showed it last night and I do believe it's the first time this season I've seen it as well. Nonetheless, Mayo's point is obviously still correct (as well). The kid is showing steady progression and, as a coach, player or fan, that's what you want to see.

I thought Easley looked his best last night. I think we are starting to see what we all hoped we'd see; a very disruptive and explosive DL who can help blow up plays.

This is spot on. And we know that "doing the important stuff right" and being versatile are much, much more important to BB than making some highlight plays and piling up stats. Easley is having a solid rookie season, recovering from injury and playing through some. I suspect BB is quite happy with what he's done so far.

Agreed. With or without knee issues, Easley is ahead of where Warren and Wilfork were in their respective rookie seasons and not far off from Sey (though 93 really took off from here). I've never quite gotten the gnashing of teeth when you consider how NE tends to ramp up their young DLs.

He was definitely noticeable. He should only get better!

Easley was good last night. How many snaps did Alan Branch get - I liked what I saw from him, too. Siliga coming back, (hopefully) Chandler coming back soon - this DL is getting ferocious.

Does this mean we can put away the mourning dress for Tommy Kelly? ;)

Weird to remember that DL beef was considered a glaring roster weakness only weeks ago.

Weird to remember that DL beef was considered a glaring roster weakness only weeks ago.

I'd still love to have Kelly - he's been playing GREAT for Arizona. Think he might have gotten hurt yesterday. But yeah, Branch is a very similar player and a lot younger. Love the pick-up as long as he's got his head straight.

I'm a firm believer in what Seattle did last year - limit snaps - go beast.

You mean before the signing of Walker and Branch, and with Easley injured (at least not at 100%)?

It has taken 10 weeks for Easley to be ready to take the Kelly role. He was drafted for this. Given the results, Belichick was right to save the money. That's what happens with insurance for so many. You look at the good results and conclude that insurance was unecessary.

You mean before the signing of Walker and Branch, and with Easley injured (at least not at 100%)?

Umm...yes? (I get the impression you're trying to disagree with me, but I'm not sure on what point.)

Edit: and after reading this, instead of responding to me you went back and edited an extra paragraph of explanation into your original post?

Last edited:
I'd still love to have Kelly - he's been playing GREAT for Arizona. Think he might have gotten hurt yesterday. But yeah, Branch is a very similar player and a lot younger. Love the pick-up as long as he's got his head straight.

yeah It seems like the team had to go and replace Kelly with Branch so cutting Kelly doesn't seem to have made a lot of sense for the Pats.

I'm sorry, but you guys don't even realize you ridiculous you sound. A rookie being on the "bust list" after 9 games? "About time" for a guy coming off an ACL injury to show explosiveness? Please. This makes the guys in Dumb and Dumber look like geniuses in comparison.

he gets more reps than wilfork did as a rookie.......same with ty warren

Well you'll be happy with yesterday then. Big Vince had his lowest snap count of the season; just 36 snaps.

In terms of the big guys snap count:

Vince Wilfork - 36
Chris Jones - 31
Dominique Easley - 30
Alan Branch - 15.

On the other hand, Nink, Hightower and Collins had 58, 57, 57 respectively.

I agree with most the people here that Easley had the best game of his young career last night. Still not what I would term a dominate performance but good to very good considering how he did against the run.

Luckily he still has 6 games left to improve. Hopefully he can take another step or 2 forward in that time. Would be a welcome site to see come playoff time.

Not sure. Reiss will have them up later. But they were probably minimal as Colts pretty much abandoned the run.

But there was one play that stood out for me. Branch getting off his blocker and getting to the side and making it a minimal gain, it may have even been for no gain. And it wasn't Richardson either, it was Bradshaw.
15 snaps I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back