PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easley will play Sunday (for those of you that weren't sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
@jeffphowe
Dominique Easley is indeed traveling and will make his Patriots debut Sunday.

He'll probably be rushing primarily from the 3-tech on obvious passing downs. He's probably not in football shape just yet which would mean that the Pats are probably going to start him slowly. Still, it's encouraging. I'm sure everyone here knows by now that I'm a Gator fan and I'm looking forward to seeing what my boy can do to terrorize opposing OL's and QB's.

going to set the league record in sacks in one game.

#jinxedit.

He'll probably be rushing primarily from the 3-tech on obvious passing downs. He's probably not in football shape just yet which would mean that the Pats are probably going to start him slowly. Still, it's encouraging. I'm sure everyone here knows by now that I'm a Gator fan and I'm looking forward to seeing what my boy can do to terrorize opposing OL's and QB's.

What kind of player do you project him to be down the road? Pro bowl?

What kind of player do you project him to be down the road? Pro bowl?

I can't project him to be anything since I've never seen him play a down in the NFL yet. I *hope* he's a Pro Bowl quality starter. And he very well could be. On the same token, he could just as easily continue to have issues with his knees and bust. Too hard to say right now.

Just remember Belichick ruined the Seahawks day when he picked Easley. And Seattle's defense is the flavor of the moment right now.

Reactions: TBR
I Hope Mr. Easley is the second coming of Seattle's Cliff Avril or Michael Bennett how those men make that Seattle Defense go. IF Chandler Jones can get that other Dominant force on the other Side Offenses are going to be fraustrated.

supposedly he is a DT with DE moves which is exciting to think about....I think they are going to ease him in though. I would expect to see him on passing downs.

I Hope Mr. Easley is the second coming of Seattle's Cliff Avril or Michael Bennett how those men make that Seattle Defense go. IF Chandler Jones can get that other Dominant force on the other Side Offenses are going to be fraustrated.

Chandler doesn't need it on the other side, Nink does a solid job. He needs that dominant force in the middle.

Just look at how he shifts down the line pre-snap!:

EasleyRollLineFlaTenn.gif

Just look at how he shifts down the line pre-snap!:

EasleyRollLineFlaTenn.gif
and probably how he tore his ACL in practice.

Just keep it simple and hit some QBs. That's all I ask for.

We'll see if one or both of Siliga and Jones are good to go, but I'm guessing they're the first guys out there. Easley might replace Wilfork on obvious passing downs, though. He's probably not ready to play a high number of snaps yet (and, taking a page from Seattle's book, it's good to have a stable of defensive linemen who can play 40-60% of snaps a game rather than a couple who play 95% like Nink and Jones did last year).

edit: Jones is out, so I'm expecting Wilfork and Siliga to be the starters, with Easley and Vellano playing about 30-40% of the snaps.

We'll see if one or both of Siliga and Jones are good to go, but I'm guessing they're the first guys out there. Easley might replace Wilfork on obvious passing downs, though. He's probably not ready to play a high number of snaps yet (and, taking a page from Seattle's book, it's good to have a stable of defensive linemen who can play 40-60% of snaps a game rather than a couple who play 95% like Nink and Jones did last year).

edit: Jones is out, so I'm expecting Wilfork and Siliga to be the starters, with Easley and Vellano playing about 30-40% of the snaps.

I'm hoping to see a Wilfork-Siliga-Easley rotation for the most part, with Easley possibly also getting a few snaps at DE.

I also wouldn't mind see Kelcy Quarles get promoted, though I doubt that will happen at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back