PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easley to play week one at Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, but his reps will be limited. They'll work him in slowly.

I certainly hope so. Would be foolish to go from zero to 60 in two weeks.

Easley vs. Miami O line = uh oh!

I bet Vellano plays a lot

if he could be an explosive interior penetrator, that would be huge for this team..........big if

I'm hoping for a Chandler Jones like debut, strip sack TD! :D

Wasn't that Jones with the strip sack and Hightower with the TD?

BB isn't big on the working in slowly concept.

I believe Gronk only played about 60% of the snaps through the first three games back from injury last year. He's usually much higher than that. If Easley is still working his way back, he might play less than he would at 100%.

I believe Gronk only played about 60% of the snaps through the first three games back from injury last year. He's usually much higher than that. If Easley is still working his way back, he might play less than he would at 100%.
I'm not saying it never happens, but BB is not a big proponent of playing guys who are being eased back in.

So excited to see this kid play. Woo

Depending on the circumstances- he did throw Bruschi in for the entire game, in Bruschi's first game back from his stroke.

In this instance, I think that Easley's reps will be limited, not just because of his conditioning, but also the high number of rotation we'll see in the Miami game. I expect to see all linemen be on the active 46 for the game.

I'm not saying it never happens, but BB is not a big proponent of playing guys who are being eased back in.

Fair enough, though I would note that Easley is not only coming back from injury, but is also just getting his feet wet in the NFL. There may be multiple factors at work here.

Depending on the circumstances- he did throw Bruschi in for the entire game, in Bruschi's first game back from his stroke.

In this instance, I think that Easley's reps will be limited, not just because of his conditioning, but also the high number of rotation we'll see in the Miami game. I expect to see all linemen be on the active 46 for the game.
My hope for Easley is this:
1) Never lines up further from the ball than the outside eye of the G.
2) Plays in almost all nickel and dime situations
3) Plays less than half the time in base

His best strength is as an inside pass rushing disruptor. I'd like to limit him doing anything else so he can max out his play in that role.

I would hope that we see Easley play as a situational pass rusher, 3rd and long situations.

His best strength is as an inside pass rushing disruptor. I'd like to limit him doing anything else so he can max out his play in that role.

Agree 100% for the season outlook, but I think given the weather and humidity conditions that just about anyone over 270 will be rotated in and out of the DL quite often for this specific game.

I want as many fresh legs hitting Miami's 5 new OL starters as often as possible. I might even want to flip Chandler to LDE for this specific game to let him go after a player he should handle without even breaking a sweat.

You and I disagree on this one, as we've discussed. I suspect he'll start out that way, but I don't see any inherent reason to limit him in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back