PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Early picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If New England beats them without Brady, their fan base might set itself on fire.

well the chargers are favored by 6 so it is a safe pick. iam surprised it isnt higher.

It's a must win for the Chargers and it's a home game - The Chargers are a safe pick.

I bet if you went back and looked, they all picked the Chargers over Miami as well. :)

Your probably right about that. Now that you think about it, other the the niners game last sunday, when do you think we will ever be favored to win in these peoples eyes??

:eek:

Your probably right about that. Now that you think about it, other the the niners game last sunday, when do you think we will ever be favored to win in these peoples eyes??

:eek:

Never, I hope - I like it that way.

Or at least until No. 12 shows back up on the field.

Just a question, when was the last time we lost a game that we came in as the underdog? Gotta go back to 2006, I guess.

well the chargers are favored by 6 so it is a safe pick. iam surprised it isnt higher.

6 points and they get 3 for being at home - So it's a 3 point spread.

What that says is that Vegas and the Odd's makers can't call it and don't want money put on the game.

If Chambers is listed as out - That will drop that line like a bag of rocks.

Last edited:
The line started at 6 1/2 (I thought I remembered seeing 7) and at some places it's now down to 5 points.
Vegas Odds

CBS Sportsline claims that the San Diego Union Tribune says that Chambers is doubtful with a high ankle sprain, but CBS did not provide a link and I couldn't find anything on that newspaper's site, except for LT saying the Pats are not a rival.

Last edited:
The line started at 6 1/2 (I thought I remembered seeing 7) and at some places it's now down to 5 points.
Vegas Odds

CBS Sportsline claims that the San Diego Union Tribune says that Chambers is doubtful with a high ankle sprain, but CBS did not provide a link and I couldn't find anything on that newspaper's site, except for LT saying the Pats are not a rival.
This is the kind of thing that irritates me. Your bolded comment could be interpreted as a lack of respect by LT when it was just the opposite. Here is the quote from the San Diego paper...

"NO RIVALRY HERE

Belichick said playing the Chargers “almost seems like ... a division game. We've played them so many times.”

But it's no rivalry, according to the Chargers.

Chargers players have gone back and forth with the Patriots verbally over the past few years, but they know their place in this series, which on Sunday has its fourth renewal in 21 months.

“I think that's beyond us right now to call it a rivalry,” LaDainian Tomlinson said.

“I think a rivalry is when the win-loss record is back and forth,” Rivers said.

The Patriots have won three straight, including knocking the Chargers from the past two postseasons."

Sounds to me like they have it right and are giving props to the Patriots. Can't see how you would have a problem with that.

Here is the whole quote (from Chargers website)...
“Really and truly I think that’s beyond us right now, to call it a rivalry,” running back LaDainian Tomlinson said. “One, because we haven’t beaten them; and two, this is a regular season game for us. They are in better shape than we are. I wouldn’t call it a rivalry. I would say it’s just another game on our schedule that happens to be the Patriots and we need a win, badly.”

Last edited:
If New England beats them without Brady, their fan base might set itself on fire.
Actually I expect the Patriots to win the game. Too many injuries, too much Bill B. Can't believe the Chargers are favored.

Actually I expect the Patriots to win the game. Too many injuries, too much Bill B. Can't believe the Chargers are favored.

All things equal, the home team usually gets 3 points just for being the home team.

This is the kind of thing that irritates me. Your bolded comment could be interpreted as a lack of respect by LT when it was just the opposite. Here is the quote from the San Diego paper...

"NO RIVALRY HERE

Belichick said playing the Chargers “almost seems like ... a division game. We've played them so many times.”

But it's no rivalry, according to the Chargers.

Chargers players have gone back and forth with the Patriots verbally over the past few years, but they know their place in this series, which on Sunday has its fourth renewal in 21 months.

“I think that's beyond us right now to call it a rivalry,” LaDainian Tomlinson said.

“I think a rivalry is when the win-loss record is back and forth,” Rivers said.

The Patriots have won three straight, including knocking the Chargers from the past two postseasons."

Sounds to me like they have it right and are giving props to the Patriots. Can't see how you would have a problem with that.

Here is the whole quote (from Chargers website)...
“Really and truly I think that’s beyond us right now, to call it a rivalry,” running back LaDainian Tomlinson said. “One, because we haven’t beaten them; and two, this is a regular season game for us. They are in better shape than we are. I wouldn’t call it a rivalry. I would say it’s just another game on our schedule that happens to be the Patriots and we need a win, badly.”

The reason I mentioned it was because it was an eye-catching headline from a San Diego paper that implied that LT was dismissing the Pats. But you're right, I should have gone in to more detail about the article if I was going to mention it at all; otherwise I was just as guilty as the paper was for taking something out of context. I didn't do that because I was looking for what the paper had to say about Chambers and was commenting on his injury. However, in my opinion the target of your irritation should really be the SD newspaper for using those words as the title of the article - and not the messenger.

The reason I mentioned it was because it was an eye-catching headline from a San Diego paper that implied that LT was dismissing the Pats. But you're right, I should have gone in to more detail about the article if I was going to mention it at all; otherwise I was just as guilty as the paper was for taking something out of context. I didn't do that because I was looking for what the paper had to say about Chambers and was commenting on his injury. However, in my opinion the target of your irritation should really be the SD newspaper for using those words as the title of the article - and not the messenger.
Agreed. Thought you were being unfair to LT. He deserves criticism for some of the things he has said and done, not this time. One thing that is irritating about LT to me is his layup after a TD. Seems he is doing it more and more. I much preferred it when he simply handed the ball to the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down