PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Early line for Pittsburgh, Pats by 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsman

On the Roster
Reaction score
Apparently the oddsmakers not giving them much of a chance to win.

Apparently the oddsmakers not giving them much of a chance to win.

more motivation for the opposition ..hopefully with polamulu and holmes returning it will become less

Why are they still favoring us to win these games by more than three points? ;)

more motivation for the opposition ..hopefully with polamulu and holmes returning it will become less

Who said they would be back?

The big loss for the Steelers would be if Marvel Smith has to sit out another game with his back.

Boy, do I wish I could afford to gamble. I'd have made a bundle betting the Pats minus the points for the first 11 weeks of the season, and then betting with their opponents AND the points the last few weeks.

The Pats minus 12 against Pitt is a JOKE. The way we're getting shoved around and totally outmanned lately, this line should be about...what...5? 6? Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and we turn this thing around, but the way we're playing, and after a physically and emotionally draining game, on a SHORT WEEK, against a (mostly) very good Pitt team? No WAY do I give 12.

Last edited:
Good stuff. I hope the spread is huge and I hope all the "experts" give us no shot at winning. Fuel that fire baby!

Good stuff. I hope the spread is huge and I hope all the "experts" give us no shot at winning. Fuel that fire baby!

Fuel that fire baby, so when they play the Steelers in the playoffs, they'll choke like they always do against the Pats.

Yeah, because you Stoolers will become "The little train that could..........." Spare us your buffoonery. Next thing you'll say is "We're not getting any respect"...................

The last time I remember the Steelers being this big of underdogs was the '05 playoff game in Indy. And we all remember what happened there.

In fact, I remember ESPN did a pole of who would win, with the map of state by state results, and every state was red except PA.

I hope the spread goes up another few points.

Fuel that fire baby, so when they play the Steelers in the playoffs, they'll choke like they always do against the Pats.

You just bashed your own team slick. By saying "we choked" you're implying that you guys weren't the better team, and the reason you won was because "we choked". Don't get pissed at me, you said it. Personally, I think we did choke in 01' but in 04' you guys were simply the better team. And by the way, what does our playoff meetings from 3 years ago and 6 years ago have to do with Sunday's game? Good luck answering that one.

Double G - You're acting like a troll on your own board... what's wrong with you man?:confused:

Gatekeeper - Right on man, anything is possible in the NFL. It would take our best game across the board, but, we can absolutely win this game if we don't make any big mistakes (tunrovers) and we capitalize on any mistakes the Patriots may or may not make.

The last time I remember the Steelers being this big of underdogs was the '05 playoff game in Indy. And we all remember what happened there.

In fact, I remember ESPN did a pole of who would win, with the map of state by state results, and every state was red except PA.

I hope the spread goes up another few points.
It was about 8.5-9, not 12 (FWIW)

I'd say that is a little high given the past 2 weeks. I'd put the line around 7 myself.

Another absurd line. It should be 6.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back