PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Early....But who are your inactives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Gronk is gonna play. Sounds like BB would like to play Vollmer if he can go.

Mallett
Polite - Could dress if worried about Gronk lasting
Faulk - I'd rather see Ridley. We might get a big play out of him.
Underwood - Him or Ochocinco. I'd rather take a chance on Chad.
McDonald
Thomas - Will probably go if Vollmer can't.
Guyton

Nah, I think Faulk will play. Swap Vereen for him.

Gronkowski
Hernandez
Welker
Wilfork
Mankins
Mayo
Brady

What? Giant fans have convinced me that these players stink.

Mallet
Guyton
Vereen
McDonald
Thomas
Jones
Brace
Williams

Mallett, Vereen, McDonald, Thomas, Brace, Guyton, Jones

Last edited:
We'll have Polite active.

We damn well should.

I'm guessing:

1.Mallett
2.Guyton
3.McDonald
4.Vereen
5.N.Jones
6.Thomas

Not sure about 7th

I thought we ir'd Vereen?

just seven. Dress Brace, we need a continuous run blitz.

Whoops, I had completely forgotten about that change. Yeah, in that case I'd activate Brace or Jones, although, even active, I think both would be emergency players, not rotational.

Guys, I don't know what your talking about. I have Mallett starting Sunday.

just seven. Dress Brace, we need a continuous run blitz.

Not only that, but we will definitely need Brace to rotate the DL in that sauna they call the Lucas Oil Stadium. There is no way he is inactive.

I'm going to be so pissed if BB sits Ridley again...he's our most explosive RB option...and especially if he sits in favor of old man Faulk. I understand the sentiment, experience and leadership that Faulk provides...but he provides nothing as far as production on the field. I can't help but think if we didn't have Faulk on the roster, maybe we could be carrying an extra tight end, safety, or another position where our depth is lacking.

For one lost fumble in a blowout game...if BB is going to maintain the same standards and accountability for all players across the board then....sit Brady for his two nearly costly picks in the AFC championship or Edelman for his fumble lost on the punt return...or McCourty and other DB's blown coverage for TD's. Yes not advocating any of those people to be declared inactive and think it was unfair to hold Ridley out last week. Play Ridley in the Super Bowl! He will make a difference.

I'm going to be so pissed if BB sits Ridley again...he's our most explosive RB option...and especially if he sits in favor of old man Faulk. I understand the sentiment, experience and leadership that Faulk provides...but he provides nothing as far as production on the field. I can't help but think if we didn't have Faulk on the roster, maybe we could be carrying an extra tight end, safety, or another position where our depth is lacking.

For one lost fumble in a blowout game...if BB is going to maintain the same standards and accountability for all players across the board then....sit Brady for his two nearly costly picks in the AFC championship or Edelman for his fumble lost on the punt return...or McCourty and other DB's blown coverage for TD's. Yes not advocating any of those people to be declared inactive and think it was unfair to hold Ridley out last week. Play Ridley in the Super Bowl! He will make a difference.

He has fumbled in his last 2 games, back to back--FWIW.

That's a bad time of yr to begin to get the dropsies/fumblitis.

I can respect both choices, and I think we may see him. It all depends on what BB thinks--obviously, but I would respect either choice, considering that you don't want a potential fumble in the SB + our RBBC core has been effective enough with BJGE and Woodhead.

Last edited:
Not only that, but we will definitely need Brace to rotate the DL in that sauna they call the Lucas Oil Stadium. There is no way he is inactive.

Don't worry, Polian isn't there to turn the heat up. :D

I hope to see Ridley play, his "home run" ability would give the Giants D something else to think about.

Per news today, Vollmer and Ridley should be active and on the field. With that, right now I'm looking at 4 inactives and the rest of the slots remaining as questions:

Mallet
Vereen
Guyton
Thomas

Where'd you hear that on the latter? Not disagreeing with you, just curious.

He was interviewed (98.5, I think), and I missed a part of it. When I got back, one of the hosts was just mentioning that Ridley was going to be active and on the field.

He was interviewed (98.5, I think), and I missed a part of it. When I got back, one of the hosts was just mentioning that Ridley was going to be active and on the field.

Thanks.

I hope we see him out there. He's largely impressed (fumbles notwithstanding) and could definitely add another dimension to our offensive gameplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes