PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Early: AFCE Draft thoughts so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsull87

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Basically i thought it might be cool to track our thoughts on each draft class as we are moving forward through out the season. I'll start things off with the players i have noticed in pre season games.

JETS

Couples: I personally think he has been pretty disruptive in the games i have watched. He looks to be as advertised, a guy with alot of talent but has been winded in plays and also seems to not finnish some plays. This is in contrast to other plays where he seems to be really disruptive both inside and outside.

Hill: Has had alot of drops this pre season from whati have seen. But he was also wide open for a touch down that Teebow missed. Will be interesting to see him progress throughout the season.

Demario Davis: Started off injured but seems to have played solidly in returning to action

Josh Bush
Terrance Ganaway
Robert Griffin
Antonio Allen
Jordan White

PHINS

Ryan Tannehill: took the starting job when most thought he would have a season on the pine. Seems to have a strong arm and be a good athlete. But as advertised needs to work on his accuracy.

Jonathan Martin: starting on the OL across from Long it seems at this point, i havent been watching him to closeley but it seems he has won the possition.

Olivier Vernon
Michael Egnew
Lamar Miller
Josh Kaddu
B.J. Cunningham
Kheeston Randall
Rishard Mathews

BILLS

Stephon Gilmore: Seems to have won the starting corner possition. He got beaten for a TD in the last pre season game in Man on Man but from all reports has been impressive for the bills.

Cordy Glenn: Starting at LT has been so so but it's hard as i haven't watched too much of him during the bills games someone else may have a better idea than i.

T. J. Graham
Nigel Bradham
Ron Brooks
Zebrie Sanders
Tank Carder
Mark Asper

PATS

Chandler Jones: Has been very impressive was sposed to be a project but quickly won the starting DE job and looks to be a terrific pick.

Dont'a Hightower: Training camp Binki for alot of the people on this board. The hype died down a little as Jones's picked up but he has won a starting spot on this D and looks to make a really good LB group with Spikes and Mayo.

Tavon Wilson: Was a real divider among pats fans but has quietly put together a solid camp and is in the saftey rotation and the rotation in the Nickle. Has developed a reputation in camp while covering Graham and Gronk tightly.

Jake Bequette: Alot of people had him having more impact than Jones at the beginning of the year. He has been solid if unspectacular in camp. It will be interesting to see how he progresses throughout the season. Has displayed a variety of moves.

Nate Ebner: Pre seaon Binki and a INT and some solid tackeling technique in pre season has done nothing to stop that reputation. Will be interesting if he makes the team and if he can get in some sort of rotation.

Alphonso Dennard: My pre season favourite value wise. Got injured early and has had to work his way back, personally i still hold out hope for a steal in the 7th.

Jeremy Ebert: Drops and some inconsistant play has dropped him out of my 53 but it will be interesting to see what happens in pre season game 4

Hill: Has had alot of drops this pre season from what i have seen. But he was also wide open for a touch down that Teebow missed. Will be interesting to see him progress throughout the season.

Good idea for a thread. It will be interesting to see how opinions change as the season progresses.

On SNF Hill had a pass bounce of his hands and into the hands of the opposing team. Ooops! Collinsworth said he is one of the most unpolished WR's he's seen.... or something to that effect.

Gilmore appears to have a little Asante Samuel in him, as he likes to gamble.

PS: Dareus of the Bills is becoming a beast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back