PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles vs. Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

letekro

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
There was a lot of talk that the Bills could stay with the Pats. The stats didn't really bear that out, and we saw what happened. Philly's stats tell a different story:

Buffalo: 31st in total offense
31st in total defense

Philadelphia: 6th in total offense
8th in total defense

I don't think they have a chance, but I don't see 56-10 either.

You're talking about yardage, which is a valid measure, but by no means the only one. Unfortunately for the Iggles, those yards ain't translating into points.

You're talking about yardage, which is a valid measure, but by no means the only one. Unfortunately for the Iggles, those yards ain't translating into points.

True, but I think it's fair to say they are getting less respect than the Bills did, even though both their offense and defense are significantly better.

True, but I think it's fair to say they are getting less respect than the Bills did, even though both their offense and defense are significantly better.

Probably because no one even knows if McNabb will play. They are going to lose with him but they have no shot in hell without him.

I prefer to look at Football Outsiders stats which show the Bills' defense to be 18th in the league and the Eagles' to be 19th. The Eagles offense is a lot better, of course, with Westbrook.

Staying with Football Outsiders, look at the Special Teams ranks : Patriots 7th, Bills 4th, Eagles 29th.

Feeley actually played very well when he filled in two seasons ago. Maybe not as mobile but he won't throw as many balls at receiver' feet either. The Eagles will show up to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes