PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles trade WR Lewis to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazingly enough , if you look him up on Wikipedia, the entry includes today's trade!

I have no idea who is updating Wikipedia, but his speed is truly unequaled.

Reiss is reporting that it is a 5th round pick, and we're getting a conditional pick back for 2010.

I don't mind the trade, just as long as he is not the #3 guy. The Pats need to hang tight and sign Galloway or try to get Holt when he is released.

VJC and others, before you take Belichick out back to beat the crap out of him, read this profile on Lewis. I think you'll find that he's primarily a situational receiver -- but also offers very solid ST coverage skills.

This comment from an Eagles forum pretty much sums up their feelings about the trade. LOL

"In an unprecedented trade, the Eagles have traded Greg Lewis AND cash for... absolutely nothing at all..."

This comment from an Eagles forum pretty much sums up their feelings about the trade. LOL

"In an unprecedented trade, the Eagles have traded Greg Lewis AND cash for... absolutely nothing at all..."

WOW, LOL indeed. :D

VJC and others, before you take Belichick out back to beat the crap out of him, read this profile on Lewis. I think you'll find that he's primarily a situational receiver -- but also offers very solid ST coverage skills.

"At New England, Lewis posted a career-high 88 receiving yards and registered the second multi-touchdown game of his career. He was a favorite target of quarterback A.J. Feeley, who got his first start of the season in place of an injured Donovan McNabb. In fact, all four of Feeley's completions to Lewis were successful third-down conversions."

So if AJ Feeley is throwing him the ball, Lewis becomes unstoppable? Great so our next move is to trade for Feeley to maximize Lewis' potential? :D

"At New England, Lewis posted a career-high 88 receiving yards and registered the second multi-touchdown game of his career. He was a favorite target of quarterback A.J. Feeley, who got his first start of the season in place of an injured Donovan McNabb. In fact, all four of Feeley's completions to Lewis were successful third-down conversions."

So if AJ Feeley is throwing him the ball, Lewis becomes unstoppable? Great so our next move is to trade for Feeley to maximize Lewis' potential? :D

ROFL! if you can't beat them - join them. Or trade for them.

It appears as if Greg Lewis is a compensation for trading 2009 pick for 2010pick.

The Pats needed depth at WR. With Lewis, they got depth who can play special teams. Why are people getting upset about this? They probably gave up a pick in NEXT YEAR'S draft that probably wouldn't make the team for a guy who can be the Pats' fourth WR, maybe third and play special teams.

If people are going to get peissed off about moves to create depth at a position, I guess we are spoiled.

The Pats needed depth at WR. With Lewis, they got depth who can play special teams. Why are people getting upset about this? They probably gave up a pick in NEXT YEAR'S draft that probably wouldn't make the team for a guy who can be the Pats' fourth WR, maybe third and play special teams.

If people are going to get peissed off about moves to create depth at a position, I guess we are spoiled.

I don't think anybody's pissed off. It's just that Greg Lewis isn't a very exciting acquisition. I hope he turns out to be on, but, well ... it's Greg Lewis.

useful cheap pick up for 3rd wr....offence not a prob....save cap room for a lb who can rush....thats a priority. make sense

It appears as if Greg Lewis is a compensation for trading 2009 pick for 2010pick.
Or, rephrasing your point - BB got a ST's player for a 5th round pick (Matthew Slater last year, Greg Lewis this year) AND rolled an extra pick forward into 2010. This gets the BOR "steal" of the day award! :woohoo:

Or, rephrasing your point - BB got a ST's player for a 5th round pick (Matthew Slater last year, Greg Lewis this year) AND rolled an extra pick forward into 2010. This gets the BOR "steal" of the day award! :woohoo:

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a steal if 1) the 2010 pick is conditional (conditional picks are designed to prevent steals), and 2) both sides are more or less happy with the trade and Lewis wasn't going to do much for the Eagles anyway.

That said, I think you're right about it essentially being a trade for a ST player. If he contributes at WR, even better.

Solid, but unspectacular speedster. People probably had similar criticisms when we signed David Patten.

With that being said... There's NO WAY Greg Lewis makes this team!

I don't think anybody's pissed off. It's just that Greg Lewis isn't a very exciting acquisition. I hope he turns out to be on, but, well ... it's Greg Lewis.

I wish we could hop in the Delorean and see what people's reactions were when we signed Gaffney.

With that being said... There's NO WAY Greg Lewis makes this team!

Sarcasm?

Last edited:
Anybody know what his contract is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back