PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles trade WR Lewis to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is weird. I wonder what the purpose behind this trade is for the Patriots...

Sorry, who again?

This is weird. I wonder what the purpose behind this trade is for the Patriots...
It fills a hole in the roster and creates competition...I believe Lewis also has some return skills.

WTF? Weird pickup... I guess this would mean a likely "no" on Galloway.

Lewis is purely a speed guy.

WEEI reports that it's for a Conditional Draft pick. I'm ok with that.

4jm7x0.jpg

This was my thought. We replaced Washington at very little cost, if he makes the team. And yes, he has returned kicks and punts, so he can be at least a backup returner.

Our new Kelley Washington?

He had 4 receptions for 88 yards and 2 TDs against the Pats in '07, maybe they saw something they think they can take advantage of.

I hope this don't mean we don't reach a deal with Galloway.

He had 4 receptions for 88 yards and 2 TDs against the Pats in '07, maybe they saw something they think they can take advantage of.

Yeah and he caught that late TD against the Pats in Super Bowl 39 that made it a 3 point game.

I think he'll end up being a decent 4th receiver and special teamer/returner. The Pats have a pretty good history of taking average WRs and turning their career around over the last few years.

Signing a jag special teamer shouldn't affect whether we are able to sign a #3 receiver.

I hope this don't mean we don't reach a deal with Galloway.

I hope we didn't give up more than a 7th round pick.

Moss' 2007 season was better than this guy's entire career.

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand, draft flexibility. Same with johnson C you get people lined up to fill spots of need/depth, then on draftday you can move around and pick the best guys for your team. If you gotta cut em in minicamp ce'st la vie, short money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes