PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles to snatch Branch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiss pretty much nailed it in his blog today that is a move to soften Branch up and get some discussion started again.

SoonerPatriot said:
Reiss pretty much nailed it in his blog today that is a move to soften Branch up and get some discussion started again.
Reiss is the best informed with the best perspective, probably why Belichik gives him inside information. Felger has gone downhill and is becoming Borges junior.

All those articles are pure speculation. No concrete information on what the Eagles would like to give up in terms of trade.

So if Branch sits out as much as he can he only misses nine games due to the bye week right? 10 weeks not 10 games.

I'm not 100% sure but how i read that was he has to be back by GAME 10. So he sits out nine games and is back the week when game 10 begins.

I've said elsewhere, it's odd to have a 1-week window. You could have said this on August 1 as easily as August 25.

I'll also say, if Deion is out, by trade or holdout, at the beginning of the year, this offense gets very, very creative. We have a guy who can get the ball dink-dunk style to enough no-names to replace a running attack (see 2001) or can go over 4000 yards in a season (see 2005)... Lack of big names is not doom in our passing game. What it will do is shift the focus. They will still not be able to stack 8 in the box every play, because QB accuracy allows for connections on quick outs and over the middle, if everybody is set up for the run. And the fact that you cannot ignore the passing game still opens up that run attack. Most of all we're set up to *@#&$^% teams up the @(*#$& with no lube, as regards time of possession. Oh by the way, we have 4 good tight ends, 1 of whom is probably as physically gifted as a Gates or a Gonzo, just playing in a different system.

That said: better to play with Deion than without. I just think this is a face saving move to let Deion back off his 10 game holdout commitment.

And if I'm wrong?

Break my heart, Deion.... wonder of Terry Glenn got a ring in 01? Doesn't much matter. If he has any self respect he wouldn't wear it.

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
I've said elsewhere, it's odd to have a 1-week window. You could have said this on August 1 as easily as August 25.

I'll also say, if Deion is out, by trade or holdout, at the beginning of the year, this offense gets very, very creative. We have a guy who can get the ball dink-dunk style to enough no-names to replace a running attack (see 2001) or can go over 4000 yards in a season (see 2005)... Lack of big names is not doom in our passing game. What it will do is shift the focus. They will still not be able to stack 8 in the box every play, because QB accuracy allows for connections on quick outs and over the middle, if everybody is set up for the run. And the fact that you cannot ignore the passing game still opens up that run attack. Most of all we're set up to *@#&$^% teams up the @(*#$& with no lube, as regards time of possession. Oh by the way, we have 4 good tight ends, 1 of whom is probably as physically gifted as a Gates or a Gonzo, just playing in a different system.

That said: better to play with Deion than without. I just think this is a face saving move to let Deion back off his 10 game holdout commitment.

And if I'm wrong?

Break my heart, Deion.... wonder of Terry Glenn got a ring in 01? Doesn't much matter. If he has any self respect he wouldn't wear it.

PFnV

If i recall, they didn't give terry a ring, which makes me happy :)

Nope. Glenn didn't get a ring and I believe he was the only person within 50 miles of the stadium that didn't get one.

smg93 said:
I'm not 100% sure but how i read that was he has to be back by GAME 10. So he sits out nine games and is back the week when game 10 begins.
i think this announcement by the pats is a message to branch that should go or join the team by the 1st else he isnt needed in week 10 or anytime in the future.

SVN said:
i think this announcement by the pats is a message to branch that should go or join the team by the 1st else he isnt needed in week 10 or anytime in the future.

?? I was just replying to the question on whether he needed to be back in week 10 or game 10 per the CBA so Branch would be credited with playing this season.

PFT is reporting Steelers and Vikings are considering it, but it is pretty unlikely Branch goes anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes