PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles sports media as bad as their fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No place on earth has more d-bag fans than Philadelphia and that includes NY/NJ (although it's close). As a matter of fact, can you imagine how many *****%^&*$ there are in that area in NJ where the Eagles/Phillies/76ers fans meet the Jets/Giants/Knicks fans? Wow...

You're talking about a city that hasn't had any championships ...NONE in the last 25 years.......As Mike Schmidt once said, "Philly is the only place where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day."
In the last twenty plus years since I moved down here I can't tell you how many people have asked me why I'm still a Pats/Celts/Red Sox fan. I ask them if they moved to NY/Dallas or DC if they would become a Cowboy, Giant or Redskin fan? They always respond ,"no" and then look at me like they get it...which I'm not sure if they do....
As for the sportsmedia, it's all about the listeners and the controversy and the sports at the very end. The local radio shows are unlistenable ( is that a word) and the sports writers are lucky to move on......

Shyamalan is also a Philly native and filmed a bunch of his movies in and around Philly. He filmed the Village on some chick's farm that went to my high school. With all that said, Shyamalan, and his movies, suck. Interestingly enough, almost all Philly sports fans suck as well.

I think we're starting to build a football connection here ;)

Last edited:
You're talking about a city that hasn't had any championships ...NONE in the last 25 years.......As Mike Schmidt once said, "Philly is the only place where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day."
In the last twenty plus years since I moved down here I can't tell you how many people have asked me why I'm still a Pats/Celts/Red Sox fan. I ask them if they moved to NY/Dallas or DC if they would become a Cowboy, Giant or Redskin fan? They always respond ,"no" and then look at me like they get it...which I'm not sure if they do....
As for the sportsmedia, it's all about the listeners and the controversy and the sports at the very end. The local radio shows are unlistenable ( is that a word) and the sports writers are lucky to move on......

You're a very patient person for trying to explain that to them:) I've completely lost all hope explaining anything Pats/Boston sports related to Philly fans. There's simply no winning.

Last edited:
You're a very patient person for trying to explain that to them:) I've completely lost all hope explaining anything Pats/Boston sports related to Philly fans. There's simply no winning.

It's like that annoying little brother that thinks he knows everything but is totally clueless. You have the snobs on the Main Line while I have more open-minded people here in Bucks County........

I just moved back to Boston from 15 years in the Philly area, and I must say I got some sort of perverse pleasure out of listening to their crying. When the Celtics won I watched the celebrations etc. and then went to my laptop to listen to WIP to hear what the Philly fans would say. Needless to say there was alot of crying going on, like an infant who can't stand the other kid getting what they've wanted. OTH The media in Philly was surprisingly complimentary of the Pats, always holding the Kraft/BB approach as the gold standard. Even early in the spygate thing they would make jokes like why would the Pats tape the jets unless they were just using it for laughs after the game. However, I didn't get a chance to hear them after the whole thing got blown out of proportion and BB was accused of every indiscretion the NY media/ESPN could contrive.

OTH The media in Philly was surprisingly complimentary of the Pats, always holding the Kraft/BB approach as the gold standard. Even early in the spygate thing they would make jokes like why would the Pats tape the jets unless they were just using it for laughs after the game.

You obviously didn't listen to Howard Eskin :mad:

Shyamalan is also a Philly native and filmed a bunch of his movies in and around Philly. He filmed the Village on some chick's farm that went to my high school. With all that said, Shyamalan, and his movies, suck. Interestingly enough, almost all Philly sports fans suck as well.

I think we're starting to build a football connection here ;)

I thought Signs and The Sixth Sense were watchable. Well, Signs up until the end. "OMG THROW DA WATA ON DEM AN DEY LEAV". :confused:

You obviously didn't listen to Howard Eskin :mad:

You're right, the quote was fromm Rhea and Al, but like I said this was early in the scandal before it got blown way out of proportion, plus Eskin is an idiot!
Angelo is an idiot too, but the cuz is cool.

I thought Signs and The Sixth Sense were watchable. Well, Signs up until the end. "OMG THROW DA WATA ON DEM AN DEY LEAV". :confused:

Sixth Sense was his lone good movie. I thought Signs was watchable until you see the Alien on the news report, then its pure comedy from there on out.

I'm fuzzy on the whole Karma thing. Isn't it bad Karma if you tell someone that Karma is going to tear their ligaments in their knee? Won't you in fact then have to be very, very worried that you would then tear some ligaments in your knee. Or is that "What's good for the goose, is good for the gander?"

This is very confusing - does anyone have a Hindu manual we can consult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes