PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles Release DE Jason Babin - should Pats claim/sign him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure Babin is thrilled to be going to the jaguars.:rolleyes:Probabl one of the worse franchises in the league.I dont get the move by the jaguars.They are not going anywhere.

Well the Jags need a lot of help so this move makes sense for them. The chances of Babin sliding as low as 26 was not very good and it looks like the Pats weren't interested anyways. Guess BB doesn't think Babin would have been a fit for our system. At least not this late into the year. We have anyone on the PS we can move up?

I am sure Babin is thrilled to be going to the jaguars.:rolleyes:Probabl one of the worse franchises in the league.I dont get the move by the jaguars.They are not going anywhere.

Good for them they kept him off the Texans - Ravens and Denver...they are alright inmy book. We dont want any rivals getting any help at this point.

They're a semi-competent QB away from being a pretty good team actually.

Solid receivers, pretty good defense and one of the best kickers in the league.

What! better than our Ghost??:D

Last edited:
I dont know about that but Henne's play sure makes Gabbert look awful:DYour right though.At least he didnt go to a rival.

For all the griping that's gone on about Gost lately:

The San Francisco 49ers might not be done tweaking the starting lineup.

The team spent Tuesday working out veteran kickers Billy Cundiff and Nate Kaeding, a league source told Matt Maiocco of Comcast SportsNet Bay Area. Consider it a touch of advanced scouting.

The Niners' David Akers, a 14-year-veteran, has struggled this season, converting just 19-of-27 attempts. Akers missed a 50-yarder in Sunday's win over the New Orleans Saints and had another kick blocked.

Report: Billy Cundiff, Nate Kaeding work out for 49ers - NFL.com

Mason Crosby has been missing a lot of kicks lately too.

Poor feller. No one should have the misfortune of living in Jacksonville.

Seems like Breer was wrong once again.

Bad predictions, wrong information, personal vendetta's, annoying forced speech patterns and incredible awkwardness in front of the camera.

What exactly does this guy offer?

This is about as good as we could hope for. Go to a team that will play one of our playoff competitors but we won't actually see in the playoffs.

I dont know about that but Henne's play sure makes Gabbert look awful:DYour right though.At least he didnt go to a rival.
Perish the thought but Chad Henne has looked alright the past few weeks. Cecil Shorts is an interesting WR. I think the Pats should be mindful of him when they play each other.

Last edited:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Jaguars claimed Jason Babin.

No way we tried to claim him. Hes a good DE, and Im pretty sure our defensive scouts pick our DL by their zodiac sign or something to do with the Inca calendar .

now they're saying only JAX, WAS and BUF put in claims.

Interesting how the Bills went from having The Pass Rush From Heaven to We Need Help!

Seems like Breer was wrong once again.

Yeah it seemed like a pretty ballsy call to me too, but then I read the report where his agent (supposedly--take it for what it's worth of course) was already in the process of setting up visits for contenders who would be interested in a new deal if he made it through waivers.

As others have mentioned, it seems as if Breer is wrong somewhat often, but I am not personally familiar enough to make any kind of judgment myself.

now they're saying only JAX, WAS and BUF put in claims.

Interesting how the Bills went from having The Pass Rush From Heaven to We Need Help!

Just one more example as to how things can look awfully good on paper, but the players and coaches still need to find that "team" mindset...not to mention proper execution of course.

We see this all the time, and teams like PHI and BUF came into the season looking quite competitive on paper.

It makes me that much more appreciative of the good job that our front office and coaching staff do, as they often seem to take a hit in overall talent for those who will listen well and work hard.

If JAX needs to see why they stink and may continue to do so then they need only look in the mirror. Snagging Babin is a waste of money and very well could curtail the development of a younger player they will need in the future. Didn't the JAX people know Babin could become a FA after this season? If they didn't they should quit and if they did then they just don't get it. One would have hoped a new owner would bring some clarity and demand sharper performance, especially upstairs where they've stunk for a long time. Instead they go for gaudy bauble again and likely spent $1.6M on zippo. What a shame for the fans.

And why will Babin definitely bail on his contract and the Jags? Because while he won't get the big numbers of his present deal he will get some guaranteed in a new deal, all the bonus money in his present deal is gone and he can be cut loose at any time for zero cap hit. Who wouldn't go for sure thing millions over more millions he'll probably never see? Man, the Jags need to hire me.

GREAT $100M + investment - that's why they are the Bills.

Im a long long time Patsfan but as many of my friends are Eagles fans I've adopted them as my NFC team. We've gone down to Philly fot a guy's weekend and to catch a game for about 6-8 years. Both fans and everyone on WIP wants Reid and their GM out ASAP. That being said, listening to WIP yesterday, there was a collective "good riddence" on Babin's waiver. Reportedly, he quit on his team and was a "cancer" in the lockerroom. As bad of a season there is in Philly, no one shed a tear for Babin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back