PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles @ Patriots Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did not play well enough and did not deserve to win.
But...when should the clock start after running out of bounds and after an incomplete pass?
Why was the clock running after White ran out after his catch?
Why did the clock run after an incomplete pass???
Clockgate#, trending on nittwitter....

This team better put it together quickly. Need to finish strong.

Little things about this game that still have me pissed off:

- the goal-line hurry up (more often than not, results in a loss over the past 2-3 years)
- the amount of uncalled false starts on Philly (all damn game)
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. Their left tackle had one before he was called on it the second time, and that last Eagles 3rd down their right tackle did the same thing. Hey, thanks for the referees, good ole NFL!

I think all of was would like the bye but if we end up the 3rd seed and we lose a road game in the divisional round I dont think anyone here is going to say well we wouldve won if we were home... thats a piss poor excuse

I like our chances better at home. That's all

All Im going to say is that real championship teams dont need first round byes or home field Advantage to win super bowls. I have confidence that our team will beat anybody, anywhere come playoff time as long as we are close to full health
Nobody cares after your win the SB if you were a real championship team which played 1 game more than others. The bye means you 1 game less. That in itself is a huge advantage. After a loss if we say we really dont need the bye then lets rest everyone in the next 4 games and save brady also for the playoffs.

Well, I got the score right.
If there is a miracle, which I'll wait to see, but the fans that left early should have their season tickets stripped if they have any or have their name taken and be barred from coming back to the stadium. Ultimate disrespect and you should never give up on your team with that much time left. Unbelievable to me.[/QUO
Gronk has to suck it up. Dola did, rest of the team has. There's a point where you suck it up.
maybe someone (Bill?) could ask Gronk's family if Gronk can come out and play next Sunday?

Maybe....but I would go with Carolina to the SB right now....AZ has been hot and cold a lot this year

GB would beat CAR and maybe will depending on the seeding matchups.

I didn't see it. Why did the Pats do that? They have never done that for any other player.

Good question. BB was clearly pissed after an ESPN reporter asked him the same question.

How many super bowls did moss win?

Based off of all these knee-jerk reactions to a couple of bad games with half our offense injured, I believe the answer to this is: all of them. Moss won all the super bowls.

They did not play well enough and did not deserve to win.
But...when should the clock start after running out of bounds and after an incomplete pass?
Why was the clock running after White ran out after his catch?
Why did the clock run after an incomplete pass???

Except for the last 2 minutes of the first half and the last 5 minutes of the second half, when a ballcarrier goes out of bounds the clock is only stopped until the ball is made ready for play and then it restarts. In the last 2 mins of first/5 mins of second we go back to the rules God intended and the clock stays stopped until the snap.

(This was a timing change in the 1990s because "they" were complaining that games were taking too long. So instead of giving us fewer commercials, we got less football.)

Nobody cares after your win the SB if you were a real championship team which played 1 game more than others. The bye means you 1 game less. That in itself is a huge advantage. After a loss if we say we really dont need the bye then lets rest everyone in the next 4 games and save brady also for the playoffs.

You completely took what I said out of context. Everyones freaking out over the bye and is acting as if its the end of the world if we do not get one. Yes its a tremendous advantage, but if the Patriots are a real championship team, like they were last year, they wont need a bye. I believe the Patirots wouldve won the superbowl if they were a 6 seed last year

I haven't debriefed the game enough to say. But when you go down 35--14 to a 4---7 team, it's pretty hard to argue that you should have won.

I've been following this team long enough to have the right to say, without attack: "They sucked. They lost. They deserved it."

We're on to Houston and we damned well better be ready.

And we'd better be ready to win a game in Denver or Cincy in January

Except for the last 2 minutes of the first half and the last 5 minutes of the second half, when a ballcarrier goes out of bounds the clock is only stopped until the ball is made ready for play and then it restarts. In the last 2 mins of first/5 mins of second we go back to the rules God intended and the clock stays stopped until this snap.

(This was a timing change in the 1990s because "they" were complaining that games were taking too long. So instead of giving us less commercials, we got less football.)
Thanks, this makes me feel better after yelling at the TV for the clock still running when White ran out of bounds

Brady threw at least 1 maybe 2 I have to see, stupid passes for picks but this was disgusting coaching. 2 weeks in a row we had a nice lead and blew it, the best ST and offense in the NFL for 15 or so months looks like the Jags suddenly, I can't believe how we lost these two games.

The pick-six I put totally on Brady. Amendola was blanketed and he never should it have thrown it in there.

I'm with the FOX announcers (ack!). I think they made a good case that Brady was expecting LaFell to finish the route into the endzone so I put a lot of that INT on LaFell.

Based off of all these knee-jerk reactions to a couple of bad games with half our offense injured, I believe the answer to this is: all of them. Moss won all the super bowls.

To be fair Moss would have caught some of those disgusting drops.

its a clunker and happens. just not in nov/december with the pats when both BB and Brady say "football season starts" after thanksgiving. That is concerning.

The pick-six I put totally on Brady. Amendola was blanketed and he never should it have thrown it in there.

I'm with the FOX announcers (ack!). I think they made a good case that Brady was expecting LaFell to finish the route into the endzone so I put a lot of that INT on LaFell.

I agree Brady should have never thrown to a short guy in double coverage, but he made up for it at the end and they dropped like 3 of his passes, otherwise we go to OT and who knows what happens.

We're going to have to be huuuuge Steelers fans these next couple of weeks. If they could hand a loss to Cincy and Denver, and Denver drops another to Cincy, Pats should get the one seed. I really think Denver's going to drop a couple down the stretch. Their offense won't be enough to keep up with Pittsburgh on the road and Cincy might be able to take one from them

We're going to have to be huuuuge Steelers fans these next couple of weeks. If they could hand a loss to Cincy and Denver, and Denver drops another to Cincy, Pats should get the one seed. I really think Denver's going to drop a couple down the stretch. Their offense won't be enough to keep up with Pittsburgh on the road and Cincy might be able to take one from them
I think at this point I just want us to win our games . Asking a lot with our injuries and inconsistent performance on the oline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back