PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles, Packers Without Starting RBs - Patrick Pass ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Both without starting RB's and it's 2 weeks to week 6.
Could we grab a 5th or 6th for this player who may end getting released anyways? Teams who are late getting on the bandwagon are now becomming desperate for a 2-headed RB team...Patrick's value may never be higher. I don't see us ever getting more than a 5th for him...getting a 5th would be an unlikely coup.

ppavset1pass14mn.gif

Last edited:
Can a PUPed player be traded and immediately added to the active roster???

Fencer said:
Can a PUPed player be traded and immediately added to the active roster???
Not unless they are already eligible to be added by their current team, and Pass isn't there yet. No way the other teams trade for Pass.

There are a ton guys like Patrick Pass out there who they can pick up without having to give up a pick. Some of them even might not fumble without being touched.

Of course we overate our players. I think Pass could be a decent runner but the problem is that he has too few stats to make him trade worthy even for a 6th or 7th. I'm not sure he makes the 53, although Weis is no longer here. :)
Depends upon if the staff thinks Mills & Evans have anything worthwhile to contribute. FWIW Mills was not on the game day roster vs Cinci.

Vernand Morency of the Packers is a very underrated talent...

PonyExpress said:
Vernand Morency of the Packers is a very underrated talent...

I don't see a rebuilding team trade a talented youngin with potential for another draft pick for a different youngin?

Patrick Cobbs?

Whatever happened to Patrick Cobbs? Heard that Pit released him and tried to put him on their PS, but he balked... didn't want to be on their PS.

Haven't heard anything since.

Re: Patrick Cobbs?

Lloyd_Christmas said:
Whatever happened to Patrick Cobbs? Heard that Pit released him and tried to put him on their PS, but he balked... didn't want to be on their PS.

Haven't heard anything since.

I believe Miami signed him to their PS shortly thereafter.

Yep, as of Oct. 2, he was signed in Miami.

What is the deal with Pass anyways?? Is he ever gonna play again? Is this a Tyrone Poole issue, where he stays injured for a few seasons?

Re: Patrick Cobbs?

dryheat44 said:
I believe Miami signed him to their PS shortly thereafter.

Yup! I remember us talking about that now. I forgot.

Thanks guys.

Pass can stay on PUP for 5 more weeks while retaining the ability to be activated if and when we need him. You don't trade that kind of insurance for a late day 2 pick when you are a playoff bound team looking to make your bones with a devastating running attack.

Yeah I agree to hang onto him. I know we use Faulk , but Pass was a good option for Brady too out of the backfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes