PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles: Michael Vick signed to 2 year deal ($1.6 million for 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vick can't play probably until week 4-6, so until then they hold on to those QBs. At that point they probably have a better idea of what they have in him and how he stacks up against the other 2 backups.

Don't get why the Eagles signed this guy. Two years away from football is a LONG time. Not even sure if he can still play.

I am pretty sure that deep down Vick still doesn't understand why what he was doing was wrong. I'm sure that he understands that he pissed off a lot of people and millions hate him, but not the real reason why. This guy does not care about dogs, period. A major league d-bag with a ten cent brain.

As I said in another thread the NFL has proven itself over and over anything for a buck is fine. But, don't post 2 minutes of a game on YouTube or they'll be all over you. Serial killers often start with small animals. Anyone who can use animals in such a cruel manner for sport or their amusement has to be a sociopath. I wouldn't be surprised to hear he has committed another heinous crime in the future. Just like OJ. Who arguably got away with one only to commit another.

First off, I'd give Walter a chance. He didn't look too shabby for a guy with 7 practices in the system. I say that as someone who identified Cassel as potentially the real deal 4 years ago...and never waivered...

As for Feeley, he's the #3 in Philly for a reason. Kolb is injured but expected back before the season. And even then they have an exemption for Vick UNTIL he is actively reinstated. So he won't count against their roster for at least 3-6 weeks...

Since this is a guy who pissed dirty during Federal pre sentencing I have no reason to believe he will not screw up or otherwise disappoint short term. That said it is the potential for friction between NcNabb, the fans, and Vick/the FO as the season unfolds that could blow this thing apart. And what he might bring to the table based on what he once was, an athlete trying to play football QB, vs. what this could do to that franchise is not a solid risk reward. Even Lurie admits that. He's there to prove some other bs point about redemption. If he doesn't, the Eagles, Dungy, HSUS and Goodell will be spending some time wiping the egg off each others faces.

Re: Eagles: Michael Vick signed to 2 year deal (ESPN)

Agreed. I have yet to hear Vick say anything that tells me he gets it as to why people hate him and what he did.

I wonder if he has seen the Dog Town that features his former fighters. I wonder if he cares. I wonder I'm too naive post in this thread ;-(

I watched a segment from that the other night online. My guess would be he hasn't. Again, by his own admission, he didn't actually realize the depravity of what he did or how much normal human beings care for dogs until he got into jail and had time to absorb the depth of the backlash against him...:ugh:

Why Reid thinks he can now suddenly absorb a playbook is beyond me. Others tried but he didn't see the point of that, either. Until he was desperate. This clown has had mentors throughout his career, only he blew them off left and right. He will regress to the mean eventually. And then we'll have to hear about how he needs a second chance at his second chance...:blahblah:

Yes, especially what you said in point 2. I find it really baffling how bringing on perhaps the biggest distraction in the NFL isn't going to mess up a team's chemistry and focus. Especially if McNabb starts to stink it up. Things will really get interesting then.

yeah...i don't get it...i think that mcnabb and dungy worked some sort of spell on reid and laurie...i mean this is a team with chemistry that has proven to be fragile at best in the past...it is a ginormous risk for a team that has always been sooooooo close to take with a few great plays from the "Wildcat" as an upside and total team fragmentation as the downside...

Here's a thought: I was wondering if Goodell wanted to fast-track Vick back into the NFL so he wouldn't sign with that new fledgling pro league and make headlines for it. What's it called -- the UFL?

We're still living in the Stone Age and haven't evolved much.

People that kill making more money than people that save lives.

Too bad Teachers and Nurses can't make that.

Interesting piece by Lupica in today's NY Daily News. He goes through the usual handwringing over Vick and his crimes and how some fans are ticked off and how he doesn't buy Vick's remorse act and yada yada yada...but concludes that the Eagles may have gotten a real bargain and are a lot better today than they were on Thursday morning (link at bottom) ending with the line:

"But for the Eagles, who make a good football decision - for now - this isn’t about second chances. It probably is more about second-and-long."

The New York writers are reflecting reasonable concerns about how this alters the balance of power in the NFC East.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/08/16/2009-08-16_in_the_case_of_michael_vick.html

Last edited:
Here's a thought: I was wondering if Goodell wanted to fast-track Vick back into the NFL so he wouldn't sign with that new fledgling pro league and make headlines for it. What's it called -- the UFL?

whoa...that's a very interesting take...cynical...but I like it...

We're still living in the Stone Age and haven't evolved much.

People that kill making more money than people that save lives.

Too bad Teachers and Nurses can't make that.

that could be a long list of sad examples...i keep trying to come up with an alternative and can't...despots of the right and left have claimed to try to alter the balance of society in the name of a just society in their own image and likeness and all have failed and/or created living hells for their people...i guess that the world is only a just place to one who believes that his/her reward is in the afterlife...in other words, i wish i could disagree with you, but I can't...

Last edited:
that could be a long list of sad examples...i keep trying to come up with an alternative and can't...despots of the right and left have claimed to try to alter the balance of society in the name of a just society in their own image and likeness and all have failed and/or created living hells for their people...i guess that the world is only a just place to one who believes that his/her reward is in the afterlife...in other words, i wish i could disagree with you, but I can't...
Lots of "Vampire's" out there. Ya' know what I mean?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back