PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles: Michael Vick signed to 2 year deal ($1.6 million for 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that Philly knows what it's doing with Vick. McNabb might be a very good QB, but he's got a very fragile ego. This has disaster written all over it.

Re: Eagles: Michael Vick signed to 2 year deal (ESPN)

Like I said , better the iggles than the Pats, at least we wont have to hear this crap any time soon about how come the Pats wont sign Vick... The Eagles love the ghetto qb's... Bring back Jaws...

You said the Eagles love the ghetto QB's, meaning there were multiple you were referring to in its history. WHO else, besides Vick, were you referring to? Your backtracking comments after this comment above, sound extremely phony.

Apparently this was primarily driven by Joe Banner, the Eagles President. He's been talking to the Vick camp for weeks, but didn't decide to pull the trigger until Kolb got hurt.

Oddly Andy (who didn't talk to Michael until Tuesday) is talking about all that Vick has done to mitigate any protests. And how they will have Dungy and the Humane Society in attendance at the PC. Donovan has decided to portray himself as the real mentor to Vick...said he has been lobbying for his signing - like deja vu all over again... Said the Wildcat is a college gimmick whose viability is shortlived at the NFL level, so Vick will be brought in not as an option or returner or receiver but as a QB. Not sure how he's gonna redeem himself unless Donovan goes down. Of course he said he's also no threat to him or "Kolb" as he calls him. Talked about their veteran locker room that can deal with anything (not named TO I guess).

I think lots of people would have us believe they are lobbying for mentor of the year.

Sal Pal meantime says that they ran this by the local politicos and got the mayor's blessing. However the actual residents of Philly are just stunned...

The sports media got what it wanted, a compelling storyline. We'll see if unfolds as they envision and if it has any relation to football at all over the next few weeks and months.

This could all be what one Philly fan earlier today predicted was Banner's determination to get the Phillies off the sports page. Banner is the putz who two weeks ago crowed that the Eagles roster was the best in the league (barring injury...).

I have one thing to say about Vick signing with Philly:

Better there than here.

Moving on...

Kind of seems like a odd place for him to go. It will be interesting to see how the lively Eagle fans will react to this.

I think the Eagle fans will react to this exactly the same way as the Pats fans would have. "If Laurie and Reid think it's a good idea, that's good enough for me. Can't wait to see him and Donovan on the field at the same time. And, can you say 'Wildcat.'"

I think the Eagle fans will react to this exactly the same way as the Pats fans would have. "If Laurie and Reid think it's a good idea, that's good enough for me. Can't wait to see him and Donovan on the field at the same time. And, can you say 'Wildcat.'"

not quite... i just took glance at an eagles board, and it looks like they're already about to rip each other apart.

Philadelphia Eagles Fans' Unofficial Message Board / Forum --IGGLEPHANS

You said the Eagles love the ghetto QB's, meaning there were multiple you were referring to in its history. WHO else, besides Vick, were you referring to? Your backtracking comments after this comment above, sound extremely phony.

The issue is obviously dead. Why the hell would you bring it up again? If you want to have a debate over whether or not someone is racist then take it to that pile of **** otherwise known as the Political Forum.

The issue is obviously dead. Why the hell would you bring it up again? If you want to have a debate over whether or not someone is racist then take it to that pile of **** otherwise known as the Political Forum.

I bet the Patriots would have signed him if he'd been an aborigine!

Apparently McNabb can't, he says it's a fading gimmick. Apparently Vick, whom they haven't seen work yet, will be carried as a backup QB and not a gimmick...

Eagles fans are actually pretty upset and divided, and that's before the protests and they find out he still can't read a defense... Palantonio was at the game and he said the strangest atmosphere he'd ever seen. As word spread the seats emptied and people were under the stands in the concorses asking each other if this was real and for the most part just shocked that their team had done this.

The really interesting thing that everyone seems to forget is there is no love lost between McNabb and his fan base. And he's had falling outs with his friends he's lobbied for before (black on black crime ring a bell...). And Eagle fans are the people who boo'd Santa.

Herm says Andy is a strong HC and he will manage this, just like he did TO (oh wait...). Maybe he will have Mike just move in with he and the Mrs. They have a couple of empty rooms since their own boys moved in...with the state.

JAWS thinks this was a big mistake...any use of Vick will disrupt McNabb's timing. I think he's on to something. And if the fans in Philly think there is an alternative to McNabb...

Wayne Pacelle from the Humane society says it's a great landing place for Mike since they have a big dog fighting problem in Philly...:eek:

Yeah I went there. There's some venting, but also support (I thought the PETA thread was kind of funny). The majority will come around. I'll stand by what I said.

Not unless they win...a lot. First sign of trouble, on or off the field, and all hell will break loose.

Not unless they win...a lot. First sign of trouble, on or off the field, and all hell will break loose.

So it'll be Eagles fans as usual.

So it'll be Eagles fans as usual.

Pretty much. They are the only fanbase I have ever seen whose team was about to play in the NFC Championship and the fans were posting pictures of dead eagles on the board and comparing them to Eagles players and coaches.

Last edited:

He brought it up again because poster said "Eagles love their ghetto QBS" insinuating that there have been other ghetto QBs in Philly...then he would not name the other ghetto QBs - leading one to believe he was referring to McNabb and/or Cunningham....it was a low-life comment and he deserved to be called on it....for explaination, which he did not give....

He brought it up again because poster said "Eagles love their ghetto QBS" insinuating that there have been other ghetto QBs in Philly...then he would not name the other ghetto QBs - leading one to believe he was referring to McNabb and/or Cunningham....it was a low-life comment and he deserved to be called on it....for explaination, which he did not give....

It might have been a quote that didn't belong in the thread but there have been SEVERAL posts since then that actually are on topic. Seeing as that happened, it has become a dead issue. There was no need to rehash it. Again, if you want to debate racism then there's a political forum for that. That stuff simply does not belong in the main forum.

Last edited:

call it like I see it ... Nothing against Mcnabb or Cunningham who is the brother of sam bam...But Vick is a ghetto thug.. sorry ... He tourtured and abused dogs, not to mention was a pot smoking fiend... Mcnabb has some class, and Cunningham was talented... But this thug that signed, no offense is a ghetto thug... sorry...

I love dogs too (I much prefer them to people, actually), though I don't agree with the premise that Vick is worse than a Donte Stallworth or Leonard Little. He's scum, sure, but a lot of the league is scum. And if you think that smoking pot makes a player a ghetto thug, then I'd just be curious to hear how you feel about Randy Moss and Kevin Faulk, for starters.

Now, back to the actual topic, I think this could work out great for the Eagles. Why not? As long as his athleticism is still there, then this guy can make things happen on the field. The idea of putting him in the backfield with McNabb could get particularly interesting. Maybe their playing time doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. Vick's never been a very good QB, but he could be a hell of a difference maker if he was used as an athlete who is a danger to pass if the opportunity is given to him.

Last edited:
I was looking at stats of Mcnab last season and Vicks 2006 season. A few things stand out. Mcnab averaged 6.9 yards passing while Vick averaged 6.4 yards passing. Mcnab threw for 3916 yards, vick only threw for 2,474 yards, but vick did rush for 1039 yards where as mcnab only rushed for 212 yards. Mcnab threw 11 interceptions, Vick threw 13 interceptions. Mcnabs 1st down% is 34.4, Vick is 31.7. Mcnab completed 11 40+yard attempts, Vick completed 8 40+ yard attempts.

On average mcnab's and vick's passing yards is close. As a QB that will move the ball, Mcnab is ahead but vick is only 500 yards behind when you add his rushing yards, in a 17 game season mcnab gained 41 more yards per game, maybe the RBs can pick up the 41 yards for Vick. Mcnab threw 11 interceptions, Vick threw 13, but Vick has the ability to run with the ball. When it comes to 1st down percentage they're pretty close. When it comes to long bombs they're pretty close, so mcnab is not that much more accurate than Vick on long bombs.

If you're a GM comparing QBs that can move the ball when it comes to yards, the amount of interceptions, how many yards you average per throw, and your ability to complete 40+yard bombs, Mcnab and Vick are very close. No wonder the Eagles signed Vick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back