PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles: Michael Vick signed to 2 year deal ($1.6 million for 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Michael Vick signs two-year deal with Philadelphia Eagles - ESPN

Quarterback Michael Vick has signed a two-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, his agent, Joel Segal, confirmed to ESPN.com.

Vick arrived in Philadelphia Tuesday morning and remained there Wednesday evening. The Eagles will hold a news conference on Friday morning to announce his signing.

The first year of the deal is for $1.6 million with an option for the second year at $5.2 million.

Last edited:
Re: Vick signs with Eagles

Crickey.

Their roster is stacked.

Re: Eagles: Michael Vick signed to 2 year deal

That could be very interesting to watch if they were to put McNabb, Westbrook, Vick and DeSean Jackson all on the field at the same time.

Re: Vick signs with Eagles

HA!

Man, the Press Q and A's after the game in the Philly locker room ought to be interesting? :D

Re: Eagles: Michael Vick signed to 2 year deal (ESPN)

Good luck to Vick...however I hate that for the next few weeks all we will hear about is Vick. His signing will take away coverage from the preseason games. I for one would rather talk about football.

THANK GOD some other team took on this loser. Now the stupid stories about us can STOP.

I have been waiting for this day. It's a good day.

Kind of seems like a odd place for him to go. It will be interesting to see how the lively Eagle fans will react to this.

It'll be a one year deal, in esence, since the second year cash is way higher. Unless... he recaptures the magic and McNabb loses it.

Iggles fans are stunned and not too happy, although i'm sure they will deal. This is McNabb insurance. Both signed for 2 years. Overpaid for Vick at $6.8M ($5M+ option for 2010 if they finally part ways with Donovan...) otherwise. I hope his creditors get most of it.

Hope this ends the comparisons between this franchise and Lurie's. Like Jonathan said again tonight, you don't hire a guy who lies to your face when he's caught dead to rights...

But then, this is the team that thought it could handle TO... If Reid has as much success with Vick as he had with his own sons...

THANK GOD some other team took on this loser. Now the stupid stories about us can STOP.

I have been waiting for this day. It's a good day.

No the Patriots talk of taking Vick was great. Other wise it all would have been about Bradey's injury and state of mind. I was mad that Kraft said anything.

Just glad we dont have to talk about this thug joining the Pats... Finally over.. Shame that the Eagles signed this thug...

I'm sure the eagle faithful will welcome a talented football player that could help their team win ball games. Which is what most real fans care about can you help my team win? They're not fielding saints their playing football.....that's it I really don't give a **** what Tom Brady does when he goes home but what do you expect during the age of TMZ smh!

I don't think this makes much difference to the league or Philly. I don't think Vick is a lose cannon in the locker room like the TO's are so he doesn't really need a strong locker room to control him like the Pats and Steelers have.

If I'm wrong, then this is going to blow up in Philly's face. Their locker room is certainly not designed to have a hot head in their ranks. We saw it last season when McNabb was taken off during the game against Baltimore.

Like I said , better the iggles than the Pats, at least we wont have to hear this crap any time soon about how come the Pats wont sign Vick... The Eagles love the ghetto qb's... Bring back Jaws...

I wish the guy luck. Hopefully he gets his life together and does some good for others with his second chance.

You throw around the word "ghetto" as If you know anything about it...

No the Patriots talk of taking Vick was great. Other wise it all would have been about Bradey's injury and state of mind. I was mad that Kraft said anything.

Yeah, you're right, ultimately. But I was getting pissed at the 10,000 threads about Vick and people seriously contemplating him coming here. He was never coming here. And the thought of it made me want to puke.

But I'm glad this shifts the focus from Brady. Actually this whole story shifts the focus to the Eagles and I'm glad about that.

Like I said , better the iggles than the Pats, at least we wont have to hear this crap any time soon about how come the Pats wont sign Vick... The Eagles love the ghetto qb's... Bring back Jaws...

Nice racist comment ass...

Dude, show some class. There's no need for that kind of stuff here.

Eagles fans are hungry, they haven't tasted a victory on the grandest stage so they think football first. Atleast all the ones I know and I'm sure I know more of them than the majority of this board, if your one of those ppl that would change teams give or take a player than your not a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes