PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles looking to sign Samuel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan-1982

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
i wonder how he would fit in there blitz heppy bump and run D ?

Re: eagles looking to sign samuel ?

good for them. that'll be a nice cap hit for em

I agree...NFV would be a GOOD place for him...

I'd rather see him go to the Eagles instead of pairing him up with Revis.
Yeah, me too. I'm not concerned about him leaving because we all know he's likely gone. But he's less trouble to us in Philly than NYJ.

Its not a question anymore if Samual stays, rather where he is going..

For us Pats fans, we hope he goes to places like philly or atl...

Just no Jets or Miami

with a consolation prize of Cleveland..

out of division, out of conference. fine with me.

Unless they're planning on changing the scheme he doesn't fit their defense. Asante is a finesse CB, not a physical man CB who's good at playing at the LOS. Unless they intend to install more zone defenses that utilize his skills, I would consider it a risky signing for the Eagles, especially at Asante's likely price.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Samuel becomes a member of the long list of Patriots players who left via free agency, and never again reached the playing level they achieved in NE.

Last edited:
i dont know...what i do know is that i would love to play agaisnt samuel...i see BB using him to gain good plays every single time...

just send a guy underneath, and have brady pump fake....get samuel right off his route....and then just throw it to the guy samuel SHOULD have been covering...

it happened to him a number of times last season

I've never understood the logic that he is gone because we would be stupid to pay him, but I dont want him to go to a rival.
If its a bad decision for us, isnt it also bad for our rival?

i dont know...what i do know is that i would love to play agaisnt samuel...i see BB using him to gain good plays every single time...

just send a guy underneath, and have brady pump fake....get samuel right off his route....and then just throw it to the guy samuel SHOULD have been covering...

it happened to him a number of times last season

Right, Samuel cares more about jumping routes, and his pick offs, then he does on blanket covering.... I personally think he is over rated, he has his best plays when our front 7 are on their game, when they suffer, for the most part, so does Samuel.

I want a CB who is like white on rice with his man from jumpstreet, like Ty Law used to do... man I miss him.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why people are so afraid of him being in our division. Brady probably knows his tendencies and such better than anyone. It would just be a big cap hit for a player that still wouldn't get them anywhere close to the Pats.

Would we get a "4th" for a comp pick for him?

I've never understood the logic that he is gone because we would be stupid to pay him, but I dont want him to go to a rival.

Same crowd that gets upset during training camp cuts, because the players that aren't good enough to make our team are going to make our rivals better than we are.

Same crowd that gets upset during training camp cuts, because the players that aren't good enough to make our team are going to make our rivals a threat to us.

i wonder how he would fit in there blitz heppy bump and run D ?

I heard this rumor last night on CN8.They may be looking to replace Lito Sheppard who is unhappy with his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots