PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles land Cullens Jenkins per Shefter twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
For that contract, I wish the Pats had got him. Hell, for 20% more than that I would wish the Pats had got him.

Since when does bringing in a stock pile of Big name FA's make you the SB favorite? I think the Eagles will be a good team, not a top team though.

Not a top team?Sure the games are won on the field but they will be really good.Maclin has to be healthy but their offense is very explosive and their defense just got alot better.

Since when does bringing in a stock pile of Big name FA's make you the SB favorite? I think the Eagles will be a good team, not a top team though.

10-6 last year, with significant upgrades this year and the ability to trade Samuel for even more maneuvering. If they aren't the favorite in the NFC right now, they're on the favorite's heels.

10-6 last year, with significant upgrades this year and the ability to trade Samuel for even more maneuvering. If they aren't the favorite in the NFC right now, they're on the favorite's heels.

Agreed. They just brought in a solid dline upgrade and pass rusher, pro bowl corner, and all pro corner.

They already won their division, and have only improved. Easily one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL when healthy.

Last edited:
We actually play this team in the regular season. That should be a heck of a game.

Agreed. They just brought in a solid dline upgrade and pass rusher, pro bowl corner, and all pro corner.

They already won their division, and have only improved. Easily one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL when healthy.

I think people have a tendency to be unfair when they judge new additions, both when rating in favor of their team and when rating against the opponents. Whatever Philly may end up doing, they'll be going into the season with incredible promise, and with a lot of media hype, just as the Patriots will.

In my opinion, they were the 2nd best team in the NFC last season. They significantly improved their team through FA.

I think people have a tendency to be unfair when they judge new additions, both when rating in favor of their team and when rating against the opponents. Whatever Philly may end up doing, they'll be going into the season with incredible promise, and with a lot of media hype, just as the Patriots will.

For sure, we might be completely over hyping ourselves and have it turn out terrible, or we could be right about it. We won't know until the season starts.

Eagles, in my eyes, have made tremendous upgrades, they had the 30th most passing touchdowns against them and they just upgraded their pass rush with two players and their secondary with two players (one of them an all pro), if people don't accept how big of a deal that will be when it all meshes, then I don't know what to say.

And agree with Patsboy12, gonna be one hell of a game.

The eagles are shelling out all this money and Desean Jackson will be making peanuts this year.

Well maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't have faith in Vick leading a team to the SB.

In terms of their scheme and skill sets, the Eages have made a couple of massive upgrades in free agency. I was thinking Green Bay had their measure a couple of days ago, now I'm thinking the other way.

The Eagles are going to be a very, very good team (possibly the NFC favorite now). Their biggest problem is going to be DeSean Jackson one would think.

Last edited:
the 'dream team' is going to crash and burn hard

watch and see

The trade with Arizona was highway robbery and stealing a DL from one of your main competitors in the conference is the double bonus. If the Pats made all of these moves we would be jumping up and down and declaring BB's everlasting genius.

So where's the media speculation that Reid is stockpiling talent to make one final run for a Super Bowl before retiring? ...:rolleyes:

the 'dream team' is going to crash and burn hard

watch and see
I'm not sure I consider the Eagles a dream team. All they've done is upgraded positions consistent with their mantra of pass rushers, linemen and corners. They've radically improved that defense. The key there is defense. They also weakened the Packers.

Last edited:
Well maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't have faith in Vick leading a team to the SB.
Exactly, and that's why I'm not overly concerned about them. Green Bay is still the favorite far and away in the NFC, IMO. It's a quarterback league, and Rodgers is just a notch below Brady and Manning, and still improving.

The Eagles still have questions.

DeSean Jackson is holding out.
They have questions on their O-line. Particularly at guard.

With Quentin Mikell moving on, there is a big question at safety for them.

And, then there is Vick..

I'm interested to see how Vick and Reid handle LeSean McCoy. There was a heap of plays last year where the hand off to the RB seemed the obvious move where Vick decided to ball hog and take the glory himself. It'll be interesting to watch, especially if Jackson continues to hold out. Maclin isn't Jackson.

Also, name one LBer on their team. They're terrible. They still have holes. They're really just upgrading position of strengths while downgrading the holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back