PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles Draft Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, you started a thread on here as well. That makes sense. I went with Michael Huff for the 49ers. What do people think? Lendale looks like he will fall, though I'm not sure he is a Pat with a self-chosen nickname like "Showcase".

gomezcat said:
Ah, you started a thread on here as well. That makes sense. I went with Michael Huff for the 49ers. What do people think? Lendale looks like he will fall, though I'm not sure he is a Pat with a self-chosen nickname like "Showcase".

I went with Michael Huff for the 49ers also.

I gave the niners vernon davis...

Flying Fungi said:
I gave the niners vernon davis...

Looks like the majority agreed with you it was Vernon Davis.

What does Oakland need? A QB?

Flying Fungi said:
a clue

but instead, I'm giving them Vince Young...
Vindictive type, aren't you! :D

I gave 'em Vince Young as well. All that flashiness is very Raiders. I haven't seen him play. Is he REALLY that bad a passer?

BTW, I'm voting for Buffalo and Cutler. The decision to take Losman was mystifying back then and remains so.

Last edited:
I gave em Vince young, then asked what they needed. Shows you how much I care about the Faiders...... :rocker:

Feep_FLA said:
I gave em Vince young, then asked what they needed. Shows you how much I care about the Faiders...... :rocker:

Looks like the majority agreed with you and now Buffalo is on the clock.

I voted for Haloti Ngata DT Oregon.

i said oak was taking vince young too

for buff i said ot winston justice

broadwayjoe said:
Looks like the majority agreed with you and now Buffalo is on the clock.

I voted for Haloti Ngata DT Oregon.

no
i read somewhere that they have absolutely no interest in ngata

patsfan55 said:
no
i read somewhere that they have absolutely no interest in ngata

Ok if you are correct I blew another pick.

patsfan55 said:
i said oak was taking vince young too

for buff i said ot winston justice

with the rumblings of Buffalo dumping Losman and Cutler staring at them, I have to think that the Beefalos pull the trigger--in real life they'd be shopping this pick to the highest bidder right now

Jay Cutler

Ya, Cutler...and this weekend's action tells us

That the pats gave up on the secondary for the draft. I think they now see that they are going to get one of the players they feel represent value at 21:

Lawson, Carpenter, Sims, Williams, Mauroney, White

Don't know what order they have them, but they have that special pats drafting sweet spot now: very high probability of getting this value at the pick, as the draft develops good chance of getting the same value at lower pick so open to trade down and stockpile picks (often for next year).

P.S. #1 know they can get a WR later in the draft and free agency full of good WR (i.e. stovall), so its LB or RB at 21

P.S. #2 they saw the skyrocketing interest in CB/S draft prospects and as usual did the smart thing, not compete for that, see that the run on CB's means oppty at LB and RB and turned to free agency to lock up some of those needs.

P.S. #3 so forget about trading up as usual boys, just not a pats sweet spot thing...only time they did it was when there was a startling run on DT a few years back and they panicked at 14 to get Warren, but even then it was only a one spot trade-up.

P.S. #4 might only be Carpenter, Lawson and Sims as both free agency and the draft are deep with RB (but Williams, Mauroney and White are special talents at 21).

Hey, guy, welcome to the board, but if you're gonna name yourself after one of the greatest corners ever to grace a field in Foxboro, at least SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT!

Raymond Clayborn

Well it looks like the votes are in and Haloti Ngata DT Oregon got the nod for Buffalo and now I'm going out on a limb and say Detroit will not draft a receiver this high and I'm picking Michael Huff S Texas.

I decided to give Buffalo Ngata, accepting that he is more of a need than Cutler. I'm really split on that decision though, as I still think that Losman was a bad pick at the time. Detroit can have Cutler instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back