PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles chime in [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/

While former Rams coach Mike Martz believes the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVI “fair and square,” a similar viewpoint is not held in Philadelphia, where a number of Eagles players sounded off today about the Patriots’ 24-21 victory in Super Bowl XXXIX.

Looking back at the game, the players now believe the Patriots knew something they shouldn’t have. Corner Sheldon Brown, for instance, said the Pats correctly threw screens on virtually every Eagles blitz, according to this story from the Associated Press.

“Do I think about it? Mmm hmmm,” Brown said. “It’s crazy. I just don’t know how far back it goes. Something’s not right about that.”

this is so silly. i remember kevin faulk commenting that when the offense broke the huddle with a screen call, he could hear the eagles yelling "screen" and was worried if the plays would work.

Brian Westbrook's Thoughts

I will try my best to get this quote right, but it may be off a little. Brian Westbrook was just shown on ESPN and his statement was:

"You have to be able block and tackle and catch to play in this league. Did they have an advantage? Maybe. I don't know. But to think back at what happened two years ago, Im not going to waste my time."

Bravo Brian. So far, you are the first player or coach who lost to NE in a big spot to not continue to pile it on.

Re: Brian Westbrook's Thoughts

I will try my best to get this quote right, but it may be off a little. Brian Westbrook was just shown on ESPN and his statement was:

"You have to be able block and tackle and catch to play in this league. Did they have an advantage? Maybe. I don't know. But to think back at what happened two years ago, Im not going to waste my time."

Bravo Brian. So far, you are the first player or coach who lost to NE in a big spot to not continue to pile it on.

McNabb said something close.. Something to the effect that you still have to go out there and play the game. Sign advantage or not. I love how all these other guys liek Hines Ward is jumpin in on this whole ordeal now.. You couldn't say anything years ago but now that the sh*t hit the fan you wanna come out and hop on the wagon and get a free ride right? please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey