PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EA sports NFL Head Coach thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
First off, Why is Teddy Bruschi white with brown arms in this game?

is he a burn victim or something?

2nd, this game is badass.

Keegs said:
First off, Why is Teddy Bruschi white with brown arms in this game?

is he a burn victim or something?

That happens to different players at different times. Some type of graphical glitch.

yeah from waht i hear its loaded with problems. One of which is with the nfl draft. Dbrickshaw ferguson fell to the pats.

and the instant replays are the last 3 seconds of the plays. You know, the part that doesn't matter.

Does anyone know if there is an easy to sub in your entire 2nd or 3rd string? intead of manually doing it?

Is this game any good?

How does it differ from Madden in general? I have been to lazy to look up the stuff.

While very interesting....THIS GAME SUCKS. You never have any of the information you need to make a decision. There is no explanation on how each player is rated, it's very hard to understand those red, yellow and green scales. The navigation is TERRIBLE, and you start out without knowing anything about any player except your own team. So you're flying blind. You can't really see your needs versus who is available in free agency.

Maybe someone can help me but I am having a lot of trouble and have just started simming through the whole thing. If you are interested, I would encourage you to buy the PC version b/c the navigation has GOT to be better than the PS II version.

mcsully said:
Is this game any good?

How does it differ from Madden in general? I have been to lazy to look up the stuff.

i double this question

I heard there's a glitch where the quarterback will occasionally drop back, turn around, and toss a 40 yard bomb towards his own end zone.

That's good game design, folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The games alright, but is confusing and has glitches.

And the draft is screwed up. In the first round the Pats draftes Vince Young at 21 and in the second round they took Ernie Sims.

I'm going to wait for a few years until they get the glitches fixed. It sounds interesting...but...if they have to pass on their mistakes to the consumer--than its not very cool in my book.

So, if I were to get this game for $15 off, would it be worth it? I was really excited for this game to come out but now I'm not hearing very good things. I don't know if it was just lofty expectations of if the game is really that bad.

I don't think it is that bad but it is nothing special. I've been having fun with it. I can see it getting old very quickly but thats why i am only going to play it once or twice a week. I enjoyed doing the "boring office stuff" that everyone else spoke bad about so who knows, maybe ill get tired of it sooon and maybe i wont.

Its worth a rental. It may be the type of game that you like even though a lot of people aren't too into it.

Keegs said:
I don't think it is that bad but it is nothing special. I've been having fun with it. I can see it getting old very quickly but thats why i am only going to play it once or twice a week. I enjoyed doing the "boring office stuff" that everyone else spoke bad about so who knows, maybe ill get tired of it sooon and maybe i wont.

Its worth a rental. It may be the type of game that you like even though a lot of people aren't too into it.

what are the differences b/w it and madden?

patsfan55 said:
what are the differences b/w it and madden?

The way I understand it is you have absolutely no control over what the players on the field do. You select the plays and the AI executes them. I ordered my copy today so hopefully I'll get to play it by this weekend.

Last edited:
huskeralk said:
The way I understand it is you have absolutely no control over what the players on the field do. You select the plays and the AI executes them. I ordered my copy today so hopefully I'll get to play it by this weekend.

I gave it a try, and it's good for the first couple of hours, but....

a) the office crap gets old and extremely tedious very fast. There are some seriously ******ed bugs, such as you can only make 2 moves in your depth chart at a time. Practices also seem to become very routine and repetitive.

b) be prepared for excessive amounts of loading times.

c) the 'motivation' task is useless and competely random. There is no way to judge how to effectively motivate different players, and the same player will react differently to each 'motivation' method every time. I don't even bother with it.

d) zero control over the settings, which is by far the most infuriating bug. So the game is way too easy, and the quarters are way too short (5 minutes) with no way to increase the time. So forget about your team having comparable stats to other players. Oh yeah, and no slider control either.

The game, IMHO, blows goats. Avoid it, but if you really must have it, get the PC version, then you can at least adjust the difficulty level, quarter length, and sliders.

OntarioPatsFan said:
I gave it a try, and it's good for the first couple of hours, but....

a) the office crap gets old and extremely tedious very fast. There are some seriously ******ed bugs, such as you can only make 2 moves in your depth chart at a time. Practices also seem to become very routine and repetitive.

b) be prepared for excessive amounts of loading times.

c) the 'motivation' task is useless and competely random. There is no way to judge how to effectively motivate different players, and the same player will react differently to each 'motivation' method every time. I don't even bother with it.

d) zero control over the settings, which is by far the most infuriating bug. So the game is way too easy, and the quarters are way too short (5 minutes) with no way to increase the time. So forget about your team having comparable stats to other players. Oh yeah, and no slider control either.

The game, IMHO, blows goats. Avoid it, but if you really must have it, get the PC version, then you can at least adjust the difficulty level, quarter length, and sliders.
what do u mean by "sliders"?

The games...it is exactly Madden except you call plays and nothing else.

Is there a simulation mode like Madden, where you can just have the game simulate? That and the Total Control Simulation make the Franchise Mode playable. You can do a season and off-season in an hour or so.
I'm playing a franchise mode right now with the Pats.
First year I traded for Tory Holt (best WR I could get for reasonable cost) and set it for 65% passing. WRs ratings kept going up, OL ratings skyrocket too with the Pats in Madden 05.
Brady won the MVP every year but a couple until retiring.
I am up to somewhere around 2018 and have won every SB. The only 'cheating' I do is I play with the games simulated, but in the playoffs if I lose I replay it in Total Control Simulation. (Probably has happened 5 or 6 times in 13 years)

A few tricks I have found that anyone playing Madden Franchise might like:
-Draft LBs and convert them to DEs. (Especially MLBs)
-Safeties are very valuable. Let them play safety, get up to 95+ rating then move them to corner or LB depnding on your roster.
-Draft DTs late, make them #3 DT and by year 3 they are 90+.
-Trade players a year or 2 before they retire.
-Draft RBs and convert them to FB. They start out as 70s or so. Set the RB1/RB2 to any where from 50/50 to 70/30. Leave him at FB for a couple years then he becomes 95-99 at RB. Cant ever get a RB to get that high staying at RB.
-Let high draft picks be the primary backup. LB, DE, S, CB, OL and they gain a lot of rating points pretty quickly.
-I think the coaches have a lot to do with it. I always grab BB, Mangini, Dante, etc when they unretire after they have won 3 SBs and retire. Ive had BB as OC, DC, ST for a year until I get the third in a row with whoever is coaching then, and bump him up. Almost always use former Pats as coaches (Light is a good OC, Milloy a good DC, Bruschi good DC, Warren and Wilfork OK. Just got Vrabel for the first time. Willie is a good coach too. Brady is good but doesnt become a coach most of the time.)
-If you run a lot, your OL become awesome. After Brady retires, I become a 60-65% running team, and end up with the top rate OL at all 5 spots, and many times the 2nd best is my backup.
-I dont worry about cap problems, I just trade guys for picks to get under.
-Oh, one other cheat. If you make trades before signing your RFAs and get up to 10 draft choices, no one can sign your RFAs, so you get them all for the low tender. (That kind of creates some cap problems though, because they clear a small slot and you dont have as much room to resign them next year)

The thing that sucks about it is that after the current players retire, offense suck. The best QBs are always the rookies, then they get worse every year.
There are an awful lot of injuries too, even though ?i always get the highest rated training staff.
Anyone else have Franchsie Mode suggestions?

Keegs said:
what do u mean by "sliders"?

They change different parts of the game, like how many pass interference penalties, or how often a QB throws an INT, on a scale of 0-99. They're in Madden, and practically every other sports game for that matter.

On the PC, there's a utility out for you can change the game difficulty settings and sliders:

http://football-freaks.com/forums/index.php?showforum=228

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey