PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

E. Smith 'Pats just do not have depth'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewwho

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The discussion was about the best team ever and of course only Keyshaw said the Pats were the best he has ever 'seen'. Ditka outright said "NO" - not the best ever, but we all know why he is saying that...jealousy coach, it is so transparent.

Then Emmit Smith said that the Pats were great and one of the best teams he has ever 'seen', but unlike his '92-'93 Cowboys, the Pats just do not have the depth.

Boomer and Keyshawn went on to argue the post salary cap era in which the Pats are doing this, but Jackson and Ditka are just not buying it.

Jackson said what humble pie. How can you say humble pie when their QB is saying they want to "kill" teams. At least they played Brady's statement, most of it, and it was not taken out of context.

I love watching these shows, so amusing :)

Last edited:
...which is precisely why I can't watch the ESPN pregame show (heck, even Sportscenter) anymore - too many blowhards that speak from emotion, and not from intelligence. Jackson, Emmit, etc. Kehyshawn is showing some talent (never thought I'd say that!), but he is stuck on that horrid show with the other homers and bozos.

I laughed out loud when I heard that. Emmitt is a fool

I don't watch that show but I turned on my TV just now and that's the first thing I saw. All I could do was smile and shake my head.

Hey guys. Emmitt is correct.. well.. sort of..

The Pats ARE lacking depth at QB, RB and LB. And to a lesser extent CB.

Hmm.. though I don't know of another team that has depth at QB. But, definitely concerns at RB and LB. Especially with Morris already gone for the year. And at LB, the Pats are short already with Alexander on the bench and Lua on the IR. Granted, they'd need 2 injuries to a group of Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, and Thomas.

Anyways.. as you've mentioned, Emmitt is a blowhard, but there is some truth to his spewings.

Really? Did those Cowboys break just about every offensive record there is, team and individual? Did those Cowboys shatter the record for highest point differential? Did those Cowboys go 19-0?

If we go 19-0 and break all those records, then there is absolutely NO argument against the Patriots being the best ever. If we shatter every record and become the first team to go undefeated in a 16 game season, while under the salary cap, there is no argument. No team has ever done that. None.

I thought Emmitt said/meant that Dallas in '92 and '93 had more depth - and it was preceded by his comment about free agency. It seemed to me Emmitt was saying that those Dallas teams had MORE depth than the Pats, not that the Pats don't have depth.

This is EXACTLY why the Patriots will LOSE TODAY.

How's about some email addresses?

NINETEEN AND OH... You're barely Half way there and you are Declaring yourselves the BEST TEAM EVER.

You'll get exactly what's coming... BUH BYE.. It's been fun laughing at the New Englanders this year.

Yes. Laughing. Got it. Check. Roger that.

This is a record-smashing, historically great football team. Thanks for your ONE post. I suspect we'll never see you again since, NO, we're not LOSING TODAY.

Hey guys. Emmitt is correct.. well.. sort of..

The Pats ARE lacking depth at QB, RB and LB. And to a lesser extent CB.

Hmm.. though I don't know of another team that has depth at QB. But, definitely concerns at RB and LB. Especially with Morris already gone for the year. And at LB, the Pats are short already with Alexander on the bench and Lua on the IR. Granted, they'd need 2 injuries to a group of Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, and Thomas.

Anyways.. as you've mentioned, Emmitt is a blowhard, but there is some truth to his spewings.

Ok I'll give you that but who were the back-ups for Dallas in '92. I know in later years they had quality back-ups at these positions(Steve Buerlien sp?, Chris Warren) but I don't think they did in '92

I'm an EAGLES fan.. do you understand what that means?

That you boo Santa Claus? That you lose BIG tonight? That you lost the Super Bowl to us a few years ago? That you cheer potentially paralyzing injuries?

Sorry Guys.. the 93, 95 and 96 Cowboys WOULD absolutely Embarass this New England Team on the Football field.

AND I"M AN EAGLES FAN.... I HATE THE COWBOYS... Despise them.

Emmitt is 100% right.. OH and by the way ... emmitt didn't have film telling him they are running this Play.

LOSERS... you did it to yourselves.

where to start with this post ok hows about this:

First the Patriots of today are playing today and the 92-93 Cowboys...they played 14 years ago!! Players are bigger faster and stronger than they were even then. To say the Cowboys didnt have film helping them is so ignorant I guess you really are an Eagles fan. Of course they had film JJ admitted it when this whole thing broke out in October. They all use film and it still do they just don't put it on field level. Lastly teams in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You Eagles fans boo the only QB who has ever consistently brought you to the playoffs and praise guys like Randall Cunningham and Jaws. Both of those guys couldn't hold Mcnabb's jock when it comes to winning for his team. The Eagles are arguably the dumbest franchise to ever make the playoffs. You have had a good to great QB for 7 years now and how many top flight wr's have you traded for or drafted??????? 2 and both of those you ran out of the area after one year. TO is a jerk and Daunte was a baby you say. Looks like both of those guys are flourishing in the rolls they have now and the Eagles are once again heading for mediocrity cause Andy Reid aka Tony Montana' and the brain trust above have failed to give him the tools. All you need to know about the Eagles is this their best WR is a RB. The Patriots may have broken the rules but at least they do ever thing they can to win. You wish you could say the same. 3 rings with an * is still 3 rings. How many do they have??? I thought so

He said it was free agency and the salary cap that makes it impossible for teams to have the same quality depth that they use to. I think he is right about that.

However, I also think that the Patriots have been able to build quality dept more than other teams. In 2004 with the injuries that we had we still won the SB.

If we should win another this year, we would be the greatest team of the new NFL era of FA and salary cap. We probably are now.

I must stand up for a second and ask the mods to please stop deleting Buddakahn's posts. Don't lower yourself to the level of other Forums. He wasn't being offensive and deserves the benefit of the doubt when posting. Please stop the censorship

If the Patriots go undefeated in an era where there is a cap and there is forced parity, they will, quite simply, quite easily, totally obviously, be the best team of all-time, period. The fact that they're dominating like this when teams are MORE balanced makes it HARDER to be the best. We're already the best right now.

Everything else is just what fills the hours of talk-shows. An undefeated Patriots team would be, with no room for doubt, better BY A LOT than those other teams.

I must stand up for a second and ask the mods to please stop deleting Buddakahn's posts. Don't lower yourself to the level of other Forums. He wasn't being offensive and deserves the benefit of the doubt when posting. Please stop the censorship

The mods do indeed need to do a much better job with their deleting and banning discretion. Let's be grown-ups a bit, shall we?

...which is precisely why I can't watch the ESPN pregame show (heck, even Sportscenter) anymore - too many blowhards that speak from emotion, and not from intelligence. Jackson, Emmit, etc. Kehyshawn is showing some talent (never thought I'd say that!), but he is stuck on that horrid show with the other homers and bozos.

absolutely, which is exactly why I'm out here rather than watching those idiots talk. they make my blood boil. i'll fire up the plasma, as I do every week, at 12:59 for today's games.

Budhak0n I'm an EAGLES fan.. do you understand what that means?

Yes it means that your team can't stand the pressure without your QB throwing up and having poor clock management.

It also means that you are a worthless troll who's is allowed to post here only by the good graces of your hosts. You may want to take that into consideration.

OH NOES! SUM1z gonna get BLOWED OUT! Emmet SMIFFZ! ANAL-LIZER!

RAAAAAAAWWWWWR wooooooo!

/Smithian logic

The Cowboys had so much depth that they were rebuilding two years after winning their last Superbowl. They won three Superbowls in four years. The year after winning the Superbowl they went 10-6 and won A playoff game. The following year they were 6-10 and it was over. How much depth did they have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back