Not open for further replies.

bbobbo

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
ESPN CONTENT ALERT!!!
ESPN CONTENT ALERT!!!
ESPN CONTENT ALERT!!!

the full program is up online:

i love the relationship between the brothers. makes me think of my own two boys.

the part where michael's buccaneers play against martellus' cowboys is hilarious, when michael sacks romo (18:40).

i didn't realize how toxic the situation was for martellus in chicago. eye-opening.

of course, martellus has very kind words about tom brady and bill belichick.

great profile.

Haha he's a little out there (ok waaaaaay out there) but man is he funny and fun to watch and listen to. Had me laughing a few times. I'm real glad he's happy here and getting along with the team. I hope it stays that way and he and the patriots have a long successful relationship.

Comments about Witten were pretty interesting, and yeah, i had no idea it was THAT bad in Chicago either. Like WTF was that punk ass move from the practice footage??? And then the organization treats him like the *******? I understand there are always two sides to a story but from what I've seen the only conclusion I can make is **** that bears team. Oh and **** brandon marshall too.

The narrator said Michael signed as an undrafted free agent with the Bucs. The internet disagrees with this statement. He signed with the Seahawks as an undrafted free agent then got cut in October.

If all that is true about Witten saying "figure it out" when Bennett asked him some questions, that's a really bad teammate. The Bears front office not caring about Bennett worried about hurting his neck, no wonder he said f*ck it and started looking out for himself.

This gives a lot of insight into why organizations like the Cowboys and Bears continue to suck. If everything Martellus said is true, I think it would be great to have the Patriots sign him up long term. He's also a funny dude. I like it! My concerns of him I had in the pre-season about his attitude have slowly faded. I don't think he'll be a problem like Moss was in 2010. From the sounds of it, the problem is with the Cowboys and Bears staff.

my favourite quote after the bears practice scuffle with Kyle Fuller who grabbed his facemask while throwing him to the ground, speaking to Brandon Marshall after the scuffle:

"Brandon do you want to talk? or do you want to fight?"
"I'm a 6 time pro bowler"
"Brandon, 6 time pro bowler's can get knocked out too"

and

"And the coaches like the *****es"

Hahahahaha!

:D

Last edited:
The narrator said Michael signed as an undrafted free agent with the Bucs. The internet disagrees with this statement. He signed with the Seahawks as an undrafted free agent then got cut in October.

If all that is true about Witten saying "figure it out" when Bennett asked him some questions, that's a really bad teammate. The Bears front office not caring about Bennett worried about hurting his neck, no wonder he said f*ck it and started looking out for himself.

This gives a lot of insight into why organizations like the Cowboys and Bears continue to suck. If everything Martellus said is true, I think it would be great to have the Patriots sign him up long term. He's also a funny dude. I like it! My concerns of him I had in the pre-season about his attitude have slowly faded. I don't think he'll be a problem like Moss was in 2010. From the sounds of it, the problem is with the Cowboys and Bears staff.

my favourite quote after the bears practice scuffle with Kyle Fuller who grabbed his facemask while throwing him to the ground, speaking to Brandon Marshall after the scuffle:

"Brandon do you want to talk? or do you want to fight?"
"I'm a 6 time pro bowler"
"Brandon, 6 time pro bowler's can get knocked out too"

and

"And the coaches like the *****es"

Hahahahaha!

:D

Thats a good point. The fact that they continue to suck and the way they continue to suck makes it hard for me to doubt Marty's stories here. I mean both organizations clearly have problems from top all the way to the bottom of their heirarchy.

While I can't imagine BB is thrilled about interviews like this, it's not like Rodney or Corey Dillon or Blount for that matter spoke glowingly of their past employment opportunities. So probably no big deal.

What interests me is what Bennett likes about BB is pretty much identical to what Blount and Rodney and many others have said: he's frank, fair, and tells you exactly what he expects.

Great vid. Best part was at the end when they asked the father who he wanted to win if they played in the superbowl. The way he looked uncomfortable before answering, then looking her right in the eye and said with conviction “I would love to see Martellus get a ring”. That was truly powerful.

ESPN CONTENT ALERT!!!
ESPN CONTENT ALERT!!!
ESPN CONTENT ALERT!!!

the full program is up online:

i love the relationship between the brothers. makes me think of my own two boys.

the part where michael's buccaneers play against martellus' cowboys is hilarious, when michael sacks romo (18:40).

i didn't realize how toxic the situation was for martellus in chicago. eye-opening.

of course, martellus has very kind words about tom brady and bill belichick.

great profile.

WIN-NER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought this was great. Enjoyed watching it. My son who is not even a football fan (what is wrong with him)! liked it too. Their dad did a great job raising them. It was nice to see how much the family genuinely cares about one another.

Wow! Awesome. "Tom got a sexy voice" :D. Also I like " Don't come at me with fantasy football, my hands in the dirt, I'm working over here":p. I didn't like Michael when the build up to the SB with the Pats was building. But as I watched him more, I saw him being respectful of us. Change my perception of him.

Haha he's a little out there (ok waaaaaay out there) but man is he funny and fun to watch and listen to. Had me laughing a few times. I'm real glad he's happy here and getting along with the team. I hope it stays that way and he and the patriots have a long successful relationship.

Comments about Witten were pretty interesting, and yeah, i had no idea it was THAT bad in Chicago either. Like WTF was that punk ass move from the practice footage??? And then the organization treats him like the *******? I understand there are always two sides to a story but from what I've seen the only conclusion I can make is **** that bears team. Oh and **** brandon marshall too.
BM is a douche. I hate him as an analyst. And he deserve to be a Jest. Enjoy your self promoting, ringless career.

This was great.

I'm fine with everything else he does but not sure what he gains by publicly trashing Whitten and Cutler.

Thinking about Bennett in Dallas you can see the difference between a mediocre coaching staff without vision there and Belichick in New England. If Belichick had Bennett and Witten (for four years!) he'd have implemented the two-TE offense instead of using Bennett as second fiddle to Witten.

What I mean is..Marty clearly has an axe to grind with those people. He feels they did wrong by him. He makes himself feel better by ripping them publicly. Thats what he gets out of it.

I just don't see the value in it.

What I mean is..Marty clearly has an axe to grind with those people. He feels they did wrong by him. He makes himself feel better by ripping them publicly. Thats what he gets out of it.

I just don't see the value in it.

value is not the point......the boys are who they are and are pretty up front and don't mince words......the truth is that both guys do come off as ****s and there's no reason to hide that....

though one could argue that there's value in the point of correcting the perception that bennett was the problem......you could see where a free thinker would struggle in ****holes like that

Awesome, it'd be hard for Marty to leave here and I hope the Seahawks don't make a play for him. Didn't know Michael was his bro but, I love that he's one of the few guys that stands up for Brady being tough.

Thinking about Bennett in Dallas you can see the difference between a mediocre coaching staff without vision there and Belichick in New England. If Belichick had Bennett and Witten (for four years!) he'd have implemented the two-TE offense instead of using Bennett as second fiddle to Witten.

i thought the same thing. letting an asset like bennett languish on the bench is really bad coaching. adapt your offense to the players you have--don't try to shoehorn your players to fit your offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back