PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dwight Freeney vs. Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.
If INT's are your barometer for how someone is doing, how is Brett Farve doing? or Peyton Manning? They have a lot more INT's than Matty does.

Scottie, he's not even being honest about the picks. He's counting picks that weren't picks. For the season, Cassel's got 7 touchdowns and 6 interceptions and has an 84.6 rating, but look at the numbers Briz is claiming. It's buffoonery like this that resulted in me putting him on ignore.

You really should do the same.

i guess i wasnt clear enough. So basically if the pats lose sunday will you be happy and look forward to the fact that eventually they will lose more and get a higher draft pick and will be disappointed if they win that they are winning inspite of cassel and ur hopes of a high draft pick are disappearing ? iam not talking about cassel , iam talking who are you rooting for now considerign you said you were done if cassel played after the SD game and would root for the pats to lose every game now on.

ok ill try again. We are 5-2 right now, if we lose every game from here on out we will be 5-11 on the season, that will probably get us pick 5-10 in the draft. Whats the likelyhood of us losing the rest of our games? About 0%. Like i said before our schedule is just too pathetic this year, combined with the lack of elite teams in the entire NFL this season (the Colts are 3-4 and should be 1-6! San Diego is 3-5! Everyone stinks, the Titans are the only above average team out there this year and even they are suspect imo because they have played probably the easiest schedule in the league, even easier than ours!). This easy schedule and patheticness of the league, combine with our team having a great group of players outside the QB, overcompensates for Cassels pathetic performance at QB. We dont even need a QB this year, thats just how the year is going, we are winning regardless.

So no matter if we keep Cassel in there or not we will probably end up with a draft pick in the 11-20 range, id rather make the playoffs and lose that root for a pick in the 11-20 range, what is the point of that? Only thing worth rooting for is a top 10 pick in the draft. Thats not gunna happen so i want to win and make the playoffs (for that exciting day even though we'll lose) now, and we are stuck with Cassel cause BB is stubborn so i have to root for him even though i dont want to, even though hes a scrub. What can you do BB said 'NO'.

so your saying the INT taken back by a Jets penalty didnt happen? Cassel didnt throw that poor pass? The pass he threw to the Miami defender like he was one of our WRs didnt happen? The defender dropped the easiest INT in history, a gift for Cassel! Wait these plays were make believer they didnt happen...

You are not using the real stats of what happened on your theory of how stats work out you must look back see what happened in every play who's fault the ball was not caught, if a defender dropping the ball counts towards INT's then when reciever drops it it is a completion for X amount of yards which add to Y amount of completions, Z amount of completions that were called back for offensive penalties, then all the incomplete passes that involve penalties.

That then gives him more yards int's possible TD completions and incompletions that changes his passer rating so you can't mix your would be stats with the real stats to support your point you have to use a consistent set or stats aren't Facts and as we are looking at what might have happened with Matts ints in hindsight then brady steped to the left of that hit got clipped on the ankle and fell over for a sack and continued the rest of the season.

If INT's are your barometer for how someone is doing, how is Brett Farve doing? or Peyton Manning? They have a lot more INT's than Matty does.

INTs are the worst thing a QB can do, so yea i hold them in high regard. Where did i ever say it was the all encompasing measure stick of a QB? I didnt.

Why do you think Brady gets so upset when he throws INTs?

ok ill try again. We are 5-2 right now, if we lose every game from here on out we will be 5-11 on the season, that will probably get us pick 5-10 in the draft. Whats the likelyhood of us losing the rest of our games? About 0%. Like i said before our schedule is just too pathetic this year, combined with the lack of elite teams in the entire NFL this season (the Colts are 3-4 and should be 1-6! San Diego is 3-5! Everyone stinks, the Titans are the only above average team out there this year and even they are suspect imo because they have played probably the easiest schedule in the league, even easier than ours!). This easy schedule and patheticness of the league, combine with our team having a great group of players outside the QB, overcompensates for Cassels pathetic performance at QB. We dont even need a QB this year, thats just how the year is going, we are winning regardless.

So no matter if we keep Cassel in there or not we will probably end up with a draft pick in the 11-20 range, id rather make the playoffs and lose that root for a pick in the 11-20 range, what is the point of that? Only thing worth rooting for is a top 10 pick in the draft. Thats not gunna happen so i want to win and make the playoffs (for that exciting day even though we'll lose) now, and we are stuck with Cassel cause BB is stubborn so i have to root for him even though i dont want to, even though hes a scrub. What can you do BB said 'NO'.

so after the SD loss you figured the pats could lose the rest of the games with cassel and get a top 10 pick but the next 2 wins have put a damper on your aspirations and you realize the pats cant go 5-11 so now you are rooting for them to win even though you originally wanted them to lose and still hope they lose the rest of the games and go 5-11 and get a top 10 pick ?

Bottomline , you said you will root for this team to lose every game but now you have changed your mind and want them to win every (?) game .Why not stick to your guns and keep rooting for them to lose. ? We established a winning streak :)

You are not using the real stats of what happened on your theory of how stats work out you must look back see what happened in every play who's fault the ball was not caught, if a defender dropping the ball counts towards INT's then when reciever drops it it is a completion for X amount of yards which add to Y amount of completions, Z amount of completions that were called back for offensive penalties, then all the incomplete passes that involve penalties.

That then gives him more yards int's possible TD completions and incompletions that changes his passer rating so you can't mix your would be stats with the real stats to support your point you have to use a consistent set or stats aren't Facts and as we are looking at what might have happened with Matts ints in hindsight then brady steped to the left of that hit got clipped on the ankle and fell over for a sack and continued the rest of the season.

thats true i agree with that, you would have to do a complete analysis of what actually contributed to what for every stat, thats kinda time consuming and hard though, the NFL dont do it. Like Cassel's TD pass to Faulk was it? He dumped it off 5 yards in the flat and then the ball was run about 20-30 yards into the endzone, That really wasnt a "TD Pass", the ball was run into the endzone. But its too hard to analyze that for every situation. I been watching Cassel very closely so thats the only reason im keeping a complete record of his performance, usually i dont do that to other players at all, but Cassel drives me crazy now that Brady is out. :)

Scottie, he's not even being honest about the picks. He's counting picks that weren't picks. For the season, Cassel's got 7 touchdowns and 6 interceptions and has an 84.6 rating, but look at the numbers Briz is claiming. It's buffoonery like this that resulted in me putting him on ignore.

You really should do the same.

LMAO knock yourself out buddy.

so after the SD loss you figured the pats could lose the rest of the games with cassel and get a top 10 pick but the next 2 wins have put a damper on your aspirations and you realize the pats cant go 5-11 so now you are rooting for them to win even though you originally wanted them to lose and still hope they lose the rest of the games and go 5-11 and get a top 10 pick ?

Bottomline , you said you will root for this team to lose every game but now you have changed your mind and want them to win every (?) game .Why not stick to your guns and keep rooting for them to lose. ? We established a winning streak :)

the begining of the season we played KC, NYJ, San Fran, complete scrub teams and Cassel barely threw a TD pass even though we won, we got slaughtered by Miami, and San Diego despite being crappy this year i knew would hand us our *** with Cassel playing, and they did they whooped us. Then we go on to beat Denver and St Louis. I wanted Cassel's head on a platter yes, and still do, but after the SD game BB came out and said F all of you, Matt is our QB, you can suck on deeez nutz (or something like that). So there was no hope of replacing Cassel, theres no teams in the league or on our schedule that can beat us even without a QB, there is no hope for a superhigh draft pick, so yea i changed my mind. <shrug> Am i not allowed to?

Id rather make the playoffs and lose with Cassel than root for a draft pick outside the top 10 of the draft. At least that weekend is exciting everyone likes playoff games.

this could be a death sentence for Matt lool. We really need to contain Freeney this Sunday or it could be turnover galore for the Colts, Cassel wont see him coming from miles away. Light usually gets owned by Freeney and we have no Daniel Grahamcracker. Brady usually gets rid of the ball too quickly for Freeney to be really effective. Watson should be by Lights side all game long, if the Pats do not attempt to double team or help the tackles with Freeney they deserve to lose this game.
Just for your information -- In the playoff game several years ago, Matt Light handled Freeney one-on-one the whole game and didn't allow Freeney to even so much as a hurry on Brady. There were only two plays where a double team was called - one was a two tight end blocking scheme on Freeney - that didn't work at all. The other was a Light and Andruzzi double team on Freeney and Andruzzi let Freeney get by. So Light has shown in the past that he can handle Freeney totally. But the Light of the last year seemed to have some problems, perhaps lingering from his injury. We'll just have to see how the Light Freeney matchup of this year works out.

This is the key for the Colts in this game. They likely won't respect your run as much as they did for teams like the Titans and Jags.

Freeney actually is playing very well this year and I see no effects of his surgery, he has been one of the few bright spots. They will try to make Cassel get rid of the ball a lot faster than he would like and muck up.

Over the years Freeney has done a great job against Matt Light but Brady with his brains and quick release can overcome it.

Can Cassel?

No idea.

Last edited:
Cassel a scrub QB? Give me a break. The guy played great last week.

Re: Dwight Freeney vs Cassel

In fact he is the Colts pass rush.
Freeney is yesterday's' headlines...

Do you watch Colts games? Freeney is the one demanding all the attention that frees up Mathis.

Our pass rush without Freeney last year and just Mathis was pretty sad.

Freeney is also being held a lot this year so maybe that will help the Pats.

Colts need more Sage Rosenfels from Cassel and less Kerry Collins.:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back