PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dwight Freeney vs. Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRiZ

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
this could be a death sentence for Matt lool. We really need to contain Freeney this Sunday or it could be turnover galore for the Colts, Cassel wont see him coming from miles away. Light usually gets owned by Freeney and we have no Daniel Grahamcracker. Brady usually gets rid of the ball too quickly for Freeney to be really effective. Watson should be by Lights side all game long, if the Pats do not attempt to double team or help the tackles with Freeney they deserve to lose this game.

Re: Dwight Freeney vs Cassel

Cassel will not be blocking Freeney so I dont get the threads title, but its actually pretty simple slowin down Freeney, run the ball down there throats on 1st and 2nd down, WR and RB's screens, find Welker sitting in the zones with the quick intermediate throws, and stay out of 3rd and 6 or longer.

Cassel will not be blocking Freeney so I dont get the threads title, but its actually pretty simple slowin down Freeney, run the ball down there throats on 1st and 2nd down, WR and RB's screens, find Welker sitting in the zones with the quick intermediate throws, and stay out of 3rd and 6 or longer.

Cassel has pretty much the most sacks in the NFL this year, thats not all on the oline its his poor pocket awareness and holding the ball too long that leads to the sacks. Freeney is probably licking his chops. We need to really do a good job neutralizing Freeney with Cassel in there to protect against turnovers that could sway the game in the Colts favor. I agree that we should pound the rock on the ground, hopefully Jordan is able to play.

Cassel has pretty much the most sacks in the NFL this year, thats not all on the oline its his poor pocket awareness and holding the ball too long that leads to the sacks. Freeney is probably licking his chops. We need to really do a good job neutralizing Freeney with Cassel in there to protect against turnovers that could sway the game in the Colts favor. I agree that we should pound the rock on the ground, hopefully Jordan is able to play.[/QUOTE]

Looks like hes going to be available he's been at practice all week that's usually a good sign. The biggest thing I think is staying out of 3rd and long, if we could do that the chances of a Pats victory goes way up imo.

Guard the cassel

protect the cassel

Cassel will just juke him out of his shoes if he dares to get close

this could be a death sentence for Matt lool. We really need to contain Freeney this Sunday or it could be turnover galore for the Colts, Cassel wont see him coming from miles away. Light usually gets owned by Freeney and we have no Daniel Grahamcracker. Brady usually gets rid of the ball too quickly for Freeney to be really effective. Watson should be by Lights side all game long, if the Pats do not attempt to double team or help the tackles with Freeney they deserve to lose this game.

isnt this what you want ?
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/165980-if-cassel-starts-next-week.html

Robert Mathis is always a concern too

theres nothing we can do about it, we keep winning because our defense has played well and just about every team in the league stinks this year, we have played nobody good. We should have a losing record with a QB with stats like this:

11 games, 1527 yards, 7 TD, 10 INT, 75.2 QB rating, 32 sacks

But the combination of easy schedule, lack of elite teams, and the great team surrounding the scrub QB otherwise known as Matt Cassel, we cant lose if we tried. We'll eek into the playoffs and make an early exit under Cassel, i guess thats ok at least we'll have a game to watch. I still want OConnell to play but BB has a mancrush on Cassel so were stuck with him.

Theres nothing impressive about Cassels production this season.

Last edited:
theres nothing we can do about it, we keep winning because our defense has played well and just about every team in the league stinks this year, we have played nobody good. We should have a losing record with a QB with stats like this:

But the combination of easy schedule, lack of elite teams, and the great team surrounding the scrub QB otherwise known as Matt Cassel, we cant lose if we tried. We'll eek into the playoffs and make an early exit under Cassel, i guess thats ok at least we'll have a game to watch. I still want OConnell to play but BB has a mancrush on Cassel so were stuck with him.

They are stats you are predicting not real stats, what if Matt throws a 400 yard game 4 td's and no picks?
And it can happen just in the same way that in the last two games last season there was a poll will Maroney rush for 100 in one of the last 2 games a few people said he wouldn't manage that in the 2 games and he done it in both of them so stats can change very quickly and there is no real way to predict them

And so far BB has been right Cassel has improved and not cos us badly.

They are stats you are predicting not real stats, what if Matt throws a 400 yard game 4 td's and no picks?
And it can happen just in the same way that in the last two games last season there was a poll will Maroney rush for 100 in one of the last 2 games a few people said he wouldn't manage that in the 2 games and he done it in both of them so stats can change very quickly and there is no real way to predict them

And so far BB has been right Cassel has improved and not cos us badly.

no those are his stats for every snap hes played this year, including preseason. Plus a few extra INTs that im not gunna give him a pass on, one INT was called back by a flag in the Jets game, another INT went right through a defenders hands point blank and should have been a clear INT. Sorry he dont get no slack from me.

400 yards and 4 TD's?? lool! It took the worst defense in the league against Denver for Cassel to put up decent stats and they werent as good as that even!

Last edited:
no those are his stats for every snap hes played this year, including preseason. Plus a few extra INTs that im not gunna give him a pass on, one INT was called back by a flag in the Jets game, another INT went right through a defenders hands point blank and should have been a clear INT. Sorry he dont get no slack from me.

400 yards and 4 TD's?? lool! It took the worst defense in the league against Denver for Cassel to put up decent stats and they were as good as that even!

you have to go back and look at every ball dropped by a receiver at any point then and factor yard in to that and any play that might hve been called back for holding.

well..that isnt the point. i thought you should be rooting for them to lose so we get a high draft pick so this thread about freeney vs cassel being a concern should actually make you happy that it could result in pats loss. Why do you think the pats should contain freeney ? You should saying they dont so they can lose ...:)

well..that isnt the point. i thought you should be rooting for them to lose so we get a high draft pick so this thread about freeney vs cassel being a concern should actually make you happy that it could result in pats loss. Why do you think the pats should contain freeney ? You should saying they dont so they can lose ...:)

He's making up his numbers, so it's not even worth responding to him.

Watson will be there to help with Freeney.

No worries Briz, Cassel will be fine. He's due for a great Road game and this looks to set up well. I don't care who's coming off IR or going on it for the Dolts - We have a good team and superior coach - That's all we need to win.

i guess i wasnt clear enough in my explanation, i wanted to lose all the games with Cassel playing but we keep winning, no thanks to Cassel, thanks to our D playing good and the rest of the league playing pitifull our schedule is a joke, but so is everyone elses because there arent any elite teams this season. Cassel has been consistently poor in production besides the denver game, we are finding ways to win despite the poor performance at QB, that has alot to do with the easy schedule we have this year, if we were playing last years schedule we would be 2-5 right now. So no matter what we gunna keep winning so there no point in rooting for a higher draft pick, just isnt gunna happen even with scrubby Cassel at QB.

i guess i wasnt clear enough in my explanation, i wanted to lose all the games with Cassel playing but we keep winning, no thanks to Cassel, thanks to our D playing good and the rest of the league playing pitifull our schedule is a joke, but so is everyone elses because there arent any elite teams this season. Cassel has been consistently poor in production besides the denver game, we are finding ways to win despite the poor performance at QB, that has alot to do with the easy schedule we have this year, if we were playing last years schedule we would be 2-5 right now. So no matter what we gunna keep winning so there no point in rooting for a higher draft pick, just isnt gunna happen even with scrubby Cassel at QB.

Based on what? Your own Tom Brady Like Expectations? OR actual NFL production? Check his stats compared to the league - You might be a little surprised where he ranks, infact - Check how he compares to Peyton Manning (a sure fire first ballot HOF'r).

We would be 2-5? Really what do you have a crystal ball? Or just no faith in Bill Belichick?

i guess i wasnt clear enough. So basically if the pats lose sunday will you be happy and look forward to the fact that eventually they will lose more and get a higher draft pick and will be disappointed if they win that they are winning inspite of cassel and ur hopes of a high draft pick are disappearing ? iam not talking about cassel , iam talking who are you rooting for now considerign you said you were done if cassel played after the SD game and would root for the pats to lose every game now on.

Last edited:
He's making up his numbers, so it's not even worth responding to him.

so your saying the INT taken back by a Jets penalty didnt happen? Cassel didnt throw that poor pass? The pass he threw to the Miami defender like he was one of our WRs didnt happen? The defender dropped the easiest INT in history, a gift for Cassel! Wait these plays were make believer they didnt happen...

so your saying the INT taken back by a Jets penalty didnt happen? Cassel didnt throw that poor pass? The pass he threw to the Miami defender like he was one of our WRs didnt happen? The defender dropped the easiest INT in history, a gift for Cassel! Wait these plays were make believer they didnt happen...

If INT's are your barometer for how someone is doing, how is Brett Farve doing? or Peyton Manning? They have a lot more INT's than Matty does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down