DW Toys Fifth annual Trade-A-Rama (4 rounds): Round 1, picks 1-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Round 1

1. Indianapolis Colts - QB Andrew Luck, Stanford
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: The Colts have some CAP space. Saturday leaves the Team at age 37. Iljalana and Castonzo are nice young pieces but you need more to protect this kid. Let’s not make an inconsistent O Line be an excuse.
G Carl Nicks. He is one of the best and only 27.
C Scott Wells. Both these guys have shown they can protect some great passing QB’s
Then I am going second tier FA’S but will help Luck along with Clark and Tamme and the above guys just cost a bunch.
WR Jerricho Cotchery
WR/PR Eddie Royal who helps on ST
The resign Mathis at some point

2. Washington Redskins (Trade) from Rams - QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor.

The Skins pay through the nose but get one of the most intelligent and athletic in combination QB’s I have ever seen. O.K., I am going you play the “race card” but there is no underlying agenda other than to say that the fan base on the streets of the Redskins happen to be mostly African American. Because of Doug Williams, the pride of that city was enhanced by Williams’ success. Although RGIII will be a success anywhere he plays, Snyder knows that it is not just fans in the seats which he gets even when Grossman is the QB, but it is merchandise, apparel and other bonuses or R.O.I. (return on Investment) and the attention this youngster will bring to the Skins. Right now…real quick….Who is the face of the Redskins?....If you said Shanahan, we need to see the Skins with RGIII. He makes the most logical sense for Snyder and D.C. It will cost the Skins that little extra to trump the Browns and Miami. The Skins give back their first at #6, their third Rounder the 70th pick (too cheap you say ????)......AND Brian Orakpo. That is the honey to get this done. The Rams need immediate help. Draft choices on a league average that are longterm starters or playing at a high level to Pro Bowl type talent is happening only 17% of the time. The Draft is a risk. Building through the Draft is lip service and sounds really neat, but the Teams that can add talent from all venues are most successful. Orakpo is only 25…But the Skins have a pretty good young stud in Kerrigan and can certainly find it possible to replace even the talented Orakpo versus your franchise QB.
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: WR Pierre Garcon (a younger speed target similar to Wright for RGIII).Wants bigger bucks but with RGIII he might be persuaded to sign as they are both young.
Safety is another hole filled with Thomas DeCoud. Not flashy like Landry but not hurt every year either.
Mike Brisiel, G, is another possibility who works well in a zone blocking scheme and the Skins have CAP room.
Brandon Carr CB would be pricey but there is CAP room. Nice fit.
Finally to take up the slack while a young pass rusher is found yo take Orakpo’s place, John Abraham can still make plays.

3. Minnesota Vikings - OT Matt Kalil, USC
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: With a higher CAP ticket, the Vikes go second tier FA route with three other ex-purple guys
CB in Chris Carr
G Chris Kemoeatu
FS Tom Zbikowski

4. Cleveland Browns - WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: Levi Brown, OT
How about a Defense attitude adjustment with S LaRon Landry if he is healthy. They have some CAP room. They may lose Adams.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CB Morris Claiborne, LSU

POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: WR Marcus Colson. They are desperate at WR.
They have some CAP room so let’s add
Evan Mathis, G,
Red Bryant, DE/DT

6. St. Louis Rams (Trade) via Redskins - OT Riley Reiff, Iowa

POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: Very limited CAP room. They resign WR Brandon Lloyd. They scored though with Orakpo!!They have plenty of Draft picks to get better.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: Mario Manningham, WR
Max Starks, OT
Cutis Lofton LB
Mark Anderson, DE
Quentin Demps, S
And they must resign Mincey

8. Miami Dolphins - OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford
(Nice bookend OTs with Long for new QB Matt Flynn)
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: Matt Flynn QB
A top big back to go with Bush. How about Cedric Benson?

9. Carolina Panthers - DT Michael Brockers, LSU

10. Buffalo Bills - DE Quinton Coples, UNC The Bills need a pass rush
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: The Bills have plenty of CAP room. Add DE Cliff Avril from the other side of the lakes to Couples and it changes the Team dynamics.
Martellus Bennett, TE is 6’6” and 270 and only 25. He has not yet let his talent exceed his dumb ass. He might be there with a new address. He has the tools. He needs to get it. Get him out of the glitter of Dallas. Nothing to do in Buffalo except play football.

11. Kansas City Chiefs - DT Dontari Poe, Memphis –Good or workout wonder?
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: They bring back Kyle Orton QB to compete with Cassel as he has 2011 plays for this under his belt in RACs system.
They also sign Michael Bush RB from the Raiders. They now have a tandem backfield of bell cow and outside speed in Charles. Battle is gone and Jones will retire. Bush can catch as well.

12. Patriots (Trade) from Seahawks- DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina.
The Seahawks get QB Brian Hoyer and #27 in the first Round, plus a conditional lower 2013 pick.
It has been said the young Patriots Defense which was finally starting to jell at the end of 2011, lacked one thing if many and that was an impact player. Ingram is a bigger, more versatile, better pass rushing version of Teddy Bruschi and can line up hand in the dirt or play standing up with great instincts.
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: He’s not a FA, but Cards Safety Adrian Wilson is 33 and owed $6.5m for his last year. The Cards need to free up more money so Wilson could be gone. He is like Rodney Harrison in experience and toughness and is rated as the second best cover Safety in the league last year which is where the Pats stunk at Safety. BB appreciates NFL experienced players even if a little gray like Harrison, Carter, Seau, Waters and others. I am going to try to think like BB and wait that one out, rather than spend big for Landry etc. The Pats are so young on Defense now so as a field coach to those kids like Chung, Wilson will surely be a great add. I am sure Wilson would want to play his last few years on a contender.
Raiders LB Kamerion Wimbley is in the same boat in Oakland. They who will have to pay some of that salary even if they cut him, BB will be aggressive with this man. He is also still young. Not a FA but a street pick up for the Pats like Wilson if they are patient.
The Pats like middle tier FA’s who have value. I am going Adam Carriker who had five sacks last year for the Skins and played well. He is still young and has the versatility BB enjoys, as Carriker can play inside or out, 4-3 or 3-4. He won’t break the bank and he is high character.
Finally the FA WR, I say Reggie Wayne because he is more battle tested than Lloyd in big games and Wayne has been through complicated offensive schemes. BB respects this man as well.
Chaz Schilens, WR. Big with speed and experience and only 26.Ochocinco at 6’1” is biggest and he may be dropped. BB is not one to Draft WRs. Schilens is a better option than a mid round WR.

13.Dallas Cowboys (trade) from Arizona Cardinals - OG David Decastro, Stanford.
OK, what is this? The action starts. The Dallas Cowboys acquire QB Peyton Manning!!!!! The Cards get Tony Romo! Jerry took a swipe at Romo versus brother Eli. Dallas has some good WR’s , RBs and a great TE that Miami, Arizona, NYJ,K.C. or Seattle can’t offer as Peyton can’t wait on youngsters for the perhaps three year window he can still give the Boys. They are the best of the lot for Peyton to go to. With a couple small pieces they are Super Bowl contenders. They also don’t play in a …..DOME!!!!... Let’s face it Peyton has a lot of success in a dome. Jerry has the ego. Romo needs a change of venue. Peyton doesn’t play in the same city as Eli, but he gets to go up against him twice a year for conference honors. THIS MAKES HUGE SENSE! Let's see if Jerry has big ones!
The Boys also get the Cards third round pick #82 for Romo.
For the Cards, Romo is better than Kolb, younger than Peyton and will have Fitzgerald to go to. He improves the Cards and it might be a great start. The Cards don’t have Peyton money to spend. And they might have a suitor for Kolb!!!

14. Dallas Cowboys - CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama.

Good player and first round talent but keep your fingers crossed.

15. Philadelphia Eagles - LB Luke Kuechly, BC

16. New York Jets - WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: Braylon Edwards returns so they have speed in Holmes and now two big WRs for their new QB who is not named Sanchez!!!!!!!!!
They also pick up OLB Jason Jarret, a Rex disciple.

17. Cincinnati Bengals - RB Trent Richardson, Alabama

18. San Diego Chargers - WR Kendall Wright, Baylor.
They lose V-Jax and the Bolts get Wright who is a quality WR for PR.

19. Chicago Bears - OT Cordy Glenn, Georgia
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: WR Vincent Jackson makes sense
Now that Martz is gone is the TE relevant once again? I think Shockey might be revitalized with Cutler. Give it a shot.
These three pieces get some more wins in 2012.

Round 1 continued (20-32 next)

You just compared Melvin Ingram to a player who was tried at OLB but failed mainly due to height and length problems. It's no different with Ingram. He's short and has T-Rex arms. Not Patriot material.

You just compared Melvin Ingram to a player who was tried at OLB but failed mainly due to height and length problems. It's no different with Ingram. He's short and has T-Rex arms. Not Patriot material.

Fair enough
DW Toys

13.Dallas Cowboys (trade) from Arizona Cardinals - OG David Decastro, Stanford.
OK, what is this? The action starts. The Dallas Cowboys acquire QB Peyton Manning!!!!! The Cards get Tony Romo! Jerry took a swipe at Romo versus brother Eli.

This is some serious outside the box thinking. I think every Dallas fan in the world would be estatic to do this trade, great idea.

I guess the same could work with the JETS. Peyton to the Jets and Sanchez to Arizona.

This is some serious outside the box thinking. I think every Dallas fan in the world would be estatic to do this trade, great idea.

I guess the same could work with the JETS. Peyton to the Jets and Sanchez to Arizona.

THX, It could bring the Boys picks too. If you were a Boys fan, who leads them to a SB , Peyton or Romo? Not even close. Jerry's ego gets tweaked and the town goes crazy. They move him now and they can pay for Peyton.

Tony Romo is signed through 2013. He will make a base salary of $825,000 in 2012 and $11.5 million in 2013. Romo's cap number for 2012 will be $8.06 million and $16.8 million in 2013.. That is $25m for two years CAP cost. Best they might even do about the same for Peyton and extend it to three years. I bet you can get Peyton 3 years for $40m.

Boys say they are not in the hunt. You have to be stupid if you don't trade Peyton for Romo. Romo has medical issues every year as well and is only three years younger today. He has not proven he cam be healthier.

Which way would you go?
DW Toys

If I am making the trade with Seattle, then its to draft Kuechly not Ingram. Kuechly has that uncommon knack for finding the ball and making the tackle. He just doesn't get caught up in the clutter of blockers. He proved at the combine that he is a much better athlete than he was given credit for and at 242 lbs ran a 4.58 (0n his 3rd attempt) and a 4.5 on his 2nd. Put him in the middle with Spikes and you have a dominating ILB duo. Mayo can stay outside. Your defense is immediately better.

As reported earlier Ingram has short arms and takes plays off ...

If I am making the trade with Seattle, then its to draft Kuechly not Ingram. Kuechly has that uncommon knack for finding the ball and making the tackle. He just doesn't get caught up in the clutter of blockers. He proved at the combine that he is a much better athlete than he was given credit for and at 242 lbs ran a 4.58 (0n his 3rd attempt) and a 4.5 on his 2nd. Put him in the middle with Spikes and you have a dominating ILB duo. Mayo can stay outside. Your defense is immediately better.

As reported earlier Ingram has short arms and takes plays off ...

I like Luke too.
DW Toys

I don't have my trade chart in front of me but I'm pretty sure that even if we combined #27 and #31 we could just barely get up to #12 so I don't see how #27 and Hoyer would get us there. We'd be lucky to get a 3rd round value from Hoyer IMO.

I like the overall effort but as for the split threads...:enranged:

Last edited:
I like the overall effort but as for the split threads...:enranged:

Seriously!!
jester.gif

Toys!! What were you THINKING??? :bricks:

I STRONGLY suggest you Cut + Paste the other stuff to here, and just let that thread taper off!!

20. Tennessee Titans – C Peter Konz Wisconsin

21. Cincinnati Bengals –CB Stephen Gilmore S.Car.
Great combine. Taller CB.
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS:
Rocky McIntosh, OLB
Robert Meachem, WR (good compliment to Green)
Resign Lawson and they can certainly afford it.

22. Cleveland Browns- QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
McCoy still starts….for now.

23. Detroit Lions - S Mark Barron, Alabama
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: They need to resign Tulloch
DE Jonathan Fanene would be a great pick up to spell Vanden Bosch

24. Pittsburgh Steelers – OT Mike Adams Ohio St.

25. Denver Broncos - DT Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State
They certainly have CAP room!
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: Another league shaker! Mario Williams DE. He would be the instantaneous defensive face of the Team. The Denver “Teemarios” They will back up the Brinks truck for this one. Dumervil, Williams and Miller. Now add a little Fletcher Cox. It will be a long day for some Offenses. Tebow won’t have to score more than 10.
Brandon Jacobs RB is resistant to take a cut from the Giants. Either as a CAP casualty or for a low round pick, the Giants might let him walk. Will take the pressure off Tebow.
The second choice I suggest is a trade of a low pick to get Redskins TE Chris Cooley. Good blocker nice in short patterns for Tebow. Kid needs a safety valve.

26. Houston Texans - WR Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech
Great Drafts have allowed an All Pro like Mario to leave and Houston stays on point still.

27. Seattle Seahawks (trade) via New England Patriots - DE/OLB Andre Branch, Clemson
O.K. What is Seattle thinking? ??Perhaps the most under the radar FA QB is Bryan Hoyer. He has been the understudy for the best in the business for years in TB and O’Brien worked with him as well. He has size, arm strength and has been on a solid winning program. Matt Hasslebeck came in under similar circumstance and player well for the Hawks for years. This will be a 2nd round tender and trade for the Pats. Manning, Flynn and Orton have homes targeted as we shall see. Henne has been a disappointment. Campbell is not going to be any better than Jackson. Quinn ain’t Flynn! The Seahawks also get the Pats first round pick #27 here. And the Pats add a conditional pick in 2013 if Hoyer does not have starts. The Hawks save a pick this year and still have a first rounder and the move is less costly payroll than Peyton, Flynn, Campbell or Orton. Who said Vince Young??????
The Seahawks have CAP room.
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: Dan Connor ILB who is solid and smart and then I am going to say if they can convince them that Seattle is a great town to be in, these two would work
Paul Soliai, DT (may be Bryant’s replacement as he moves form NT to DT)
and a bigger signing, Jared Gaither, OT

28. Green Bay Packers - DE Whitney Mercilus, Illinois
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS:C Dan Koppen. Replaces Wells. He gets it.

29. Baltimore Ravens - OLB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
Upshaw had a weak combine but good tape and a great program.
Ravens don’t have a lot of CAP room to get a WR like Wallace but this makes sense.
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: Laurent Robinson, WR (poor man’s Wallace?)

30. Pittsburg (trade) from San Francisco 49ers - DT Devon Still, Penn State.
OK The Niners get Mike Wallace BUT become a little bit less fluid in the bank statement.

31. New England Patriots – TE Coby Fleener Stanford.
Think like BB for this pick. There is something going on here……..?. Think of the options. Fleener is just as fast as many WR coming in the next few rounds. He can block as a TE. Three TEs with WR speed running through the opponent’s defensive backfield.

32. New York Giants - LB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama

Seriously!!
jester.gif

Toys!! What were you THINKING??? :bricks:

I STRONGLY suggest you Cut + Paste the other stuff to here, and just let that thread taper off!!

Sorry I had to split them They bounced and I did not know what to try.
DW Toys

Sorry I had to split them They bounced and I did not know what to try.
DW Toys

No worries, mate!! GH's got us up to speed and looking good!! :D

Terrific effort, by the way. :)

No worries, mate!! GH's got us up to speed and looking good!! :D

Terrific effort, by the way. :)

that was a very simple solution to the problem. Not sure how the rest of us didn't realize that first.

that was a very simple solution to the problem.

Not sure how the rest of us didn't realize that first.

You're assuming the rest of us didn't realize that, genius. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the rest of us:

1 ~ Thought it more courteous to let Toys do it, himself?
2 ~ Were morbidly curious whether he'd manage the function, himself? :eek:
3 ~ Didn't really give a rat's @$$ one way or another.

I was trying to be kind about your meddling, but seeing's how you feel compelled to be anal about it...:rolleyes:

Love the effort. Wanted to talk about the Manning to Dallas thing since it's sorta the topic du jour. How do you see this acquisition working? Does Dallas trade Romo in the next week to make room for Manning? Does Manning sign and then they shop Romo for 60 cents on the dollar? What of the rumors that Manning likes the AFC over the NFC, as well as the talk that he's got no interest particularly in playing in the same division as his brother?

Also, regardless of who the Patriots would select in your trade scenario, I imagine a lot of folks would nearly pass out from delight if BB traded down so far while getting incredible value out of their QB development "industry."

You're assuming the rest of us didn't realize that, genius. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the rest of us:

1 ~ Thought it more courteous to let Toys do it, himself?
2 ~ Were morbidly curious whether he'd manage the function, himself? :eek:
3 ~ Didn't really give a rat's @$$ one way or another.

I was trying to be kind about your meddling, but seeing's how you feel compelled to be anal about it...:rolleyes:

:confused:
My post was acknowledging that it was your idea, "the rest of us" means people other than you.

why would seattle do that when they can just get flynn?

hoyer does not make their QB situation any better

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye