PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dunta Robinson not franchised

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
With things so quiet on the bodden front. Whats the chances BB goes after Robinson.
He's a good press cover corner.

Why i mention him is that in Patriot Reign, BB listed him as one of the players he would be willing to trade up for in round 1.

Re: Dunta Robinson

With things so quiet on the bodden front. Whats the chances BB goes after Robinson.

Why i mention him is that in Patriot Reign, BB listed him as one of the players he would be willing to trade up for in round 1.

Seems to have been off these past couple of years. For reasonable money, sure. Big money. No way.

Robinson could be asking for more money than bodden, just a hunch. I'd rather have bodden he knows the system and is pretty damn good too.

Just to add to this the 4 players BB said he would trade up for in the 2004 draft were Vince Wilfork, Dunta Robinson, Jonathan Vilma, and DeAngelo Hall, who hall said last season BB called his cell when he was in Snyders office resigning with the Skins.

Seems to have been off these past couple of years. For reasonable money, sure. Big money. No way.

Ditto. It seems like he never fully recovered from his injury in 2007 and his play has been on a decline since. So, no thanks...

Just to add to this the 4 players BB said he would trade up for in the 2004 draft were Vince Wilfork, Dunta Robinson, Jonathan Vilma, and DeAngelo Hall, who hall said last season BB called his cell when he was in Snyders office resigning with the Skins.

Well, he got 2 of the 4 correct.

Bodden is much better than Robinson, so if we were to keep/have either of them, it'd be the former.

Last edited:
I think that Robinson's entry into the UFA market is good news for us. As the supply goes up, the price should go down - if only by enough that Bodden's asking price isn't at an A$ante Samuel level.

Ditto. It seems like he never fully recovered from his injury in 2007 and his play has been on a decline since. So, no thanks...

Agreed. His play has leveled off. We have enough slacker cornerbacks.

Last edited:
Obviously, Belichick will review all options if Bodden isn't signed by March 5th. Certainly, Robinson would be considered.

bodden is a better corner. then robinson, and has more time in this system. and i think it will cost less. but if i had to guess i say bodden is gone. and the pats draft a CB in the 2th round like last year

can i has both? :)

He was the most penalized CB in the league last year, does not create turnovers, and now has a problem tackling.

He's definantly gonna want a lot more than he's worth. He's the only good CB currently on the market. Another reason the Pats don't want Bodden hitting FA, the man will get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes