PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dunta Robinson got tagged

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude from the raiders is getting extended as well

Asmougha is getting extended?

Breer is reporting that the Raiders are closing in on a deal with him:

SportingNews.com - Your expert source for NFL Football stats, scores, standings, blogs and fantasy news from NFL Football columnists

The Oakland Raiders are "closer and closer" to signing Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha to a long-term contract, sources told Sporting News.

Of course, it's the Raiders, so they could definitely still screw things up.

Yea, this has been a bummer day for CBs. I figured Robinson was a guy that could have been had for a good price (although, I'm sure he isn't as underrated in nfl circles as he is by fans).

$10M for a CB. Wow that's expensive.

Yeah figured this would happen hes a pretty good CB and only other FA texans had to really worry about is TE Owen Daniels who is a RFA.

Now that is ridiculous! Tagging a guy who has been injured for the last couple of years. You know your franchise doesn't have many big name players when they tag a guy like this.

Robinson is a solid CB but I KNEW we had no chance of getting him.. Some team always looks at a young player, where they are picked in the draft and the talent he has and throws boat loads of money at him..

It was the right move for the texan but at that price, unless they hammer out a long term deal, its not worth it..

i think if pats would give lot of money to a cb,they signed samuel...
so robinson and asmougha were not in the radar of pats

pats cant do anything till cassel is shipped out

Asomugha is actually worth it. He is the best cb in the league..... and he has to play for the raiders......

Al Davis tax pushed up the price.

Asomugha is actually worth it. He is the best cb in the league..... and he has to play for the raiders......

Agreed.

Just because the Pats decided not to pay Asante doesn't, logically, conclude that they would not have paid N'Aso. Asomugha is clearly one of the top man-coverage corners in the league. Samuel, on the other hand, appeared to me as a system type corner. Given the fact that he fit the Pats system so well, they probably should had tried to sign him, but then again, they probably thought/think anyone can learn the system.

Robinson was supposed to be a free agent value-type signee and I didn't think he was worth 9 mil. (unless that was the signing bonus on a long term contract). Just my opinion.

No, hes not worth it. It doesn't matter how good Asomugha is until the raiders put another good player across from him.

No, hes not worth it. It doesn't matter how good Asomugha is until the raiders put another good player across from him.

But then, he wouldn't be worth it if they don't get a decent safety.... and a defensive line.... and an offensive line.... and a couple wide receivers... a better QB than Jamarcus Russell... a better coach... and of course a new owner.

errrr.....

When your one of, if not the best corner in the league, you should be paid accordingly. And if your Oakland and haven't seen a .500 season since fanny packs were cool (sarcastic), you better guarantee every bit of that money. This is a pass defense that was ranked 10th in 2008, 8th in 2007, and 1st in 2006. And they have 5 wins, 4 wins and 2 wins in each respective year so that adds a bit of an interesting twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots